Note Repeat

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know what Ableton's Note Repeat does, but a while ago I FR'ed a note generating device, especially to be used with modulators.
e.g.
- generate notes with LFO Mod (threshold setting for note creation),
- Random Mod notes are generated at value changes.
- various slots for Velocity, Length, Note value, etc. to be modulated
- various modes: absolute, and relative to previous note
Some kind of "Force To Note Range" device maybe needed as well.

Just a friendly reminder that we still want this. I own Push 2, and would love to utilize the time divisions with tight integration to project tempo. Thanks
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

You can make one with an arpeggiator and some buttons modulation. I made one and it work like a charm.

I tried that, but I cant get time divisions changes to work properly in realtime when performing live.

In the meantime I'll stick to using Maschine MK3 as a plugin whenever I actually feel like working in Bitwig.

Bitwig 4 is here these days, but note repeat did not make the list of features. The closest we have come is a 3rd party script for Push2 which offers some functionality, but not for real-time performance.

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

JBlongz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:04 pm Bitwig 4 is here these days, but note repeat did not make the list of features. The closest we have come is a 3rd party script for Push2 which offers some functionality, but not for real-time performance.

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html
1) Maybe it's because you're looking at Reaper's script?

https://youtu.be/DUD1lASEzII

2) 4.1 introduced Repeater device that you can use (e.g. insert multipliple instances in Note FX Layer and choose them by pitch) for note repeats.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

JBlongz wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:57 pm I tried that, but I cant get time divisions changes to work properly in realtime when performing live.
The Arpeggiator has a new option in 4.1 to conform time division changes to the grid... so this should work well now

Still wishing.... in the meantime, I have invested in Steinberg Groove Agent 5, which dedicates an octave to note repeat divisions. It can also output the midi, so forwarding to the drum device is an option.

JBlongz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:50 pm Still wishing....
Should be pretty easy these days in Bitwig

Well, I don't see anyone doing it. The closest we've gotten in Bitwig is the DrivenByMoss script for Ableton Push 2, and that is still not quite intuitive for realtime performance. Just how easy is it? I haven't found one tutorial on it yet...in fact, I would have made the tutorial.

JBlongz wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:59 pm Well, I don't see anyone doing it. The closest we've gotten in Bitwig is the DrivenByMoss script for Ableton Push 2, and that is still not quite intuitive for realtime performance. Just how easy is it? I haven't found one tutorial on it yet...in fact, I would have made the tutorial.
It's not something that interests me, so never gave it much thought.

You could try a Note FX Selector. Put a Note Repeats in one layer, set it to 32nds, another set to dotted 32nds, another set to 16th's etc. Then you can use key-switching to switch between the layers. You could set up a more complex arrangement also so that you could control the number of repeats.

Another way would be to use a Note Repeats/Arpeggiator and modulate the rate

I'm sure the same device could be done using the Note Grid as well.

Return to “Bitwig”