FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

BFD3 has its own library, it's called BFD3 Core. It has nothing from before. London Sessions is a supposed expansion product which is mostly identical to the BFD2 factory library, which a license-holder of that is entitled to. There is one cymbal which has a shorter name than before, that much I know. :)

tq wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:32 am= a better scanning behavior and some kind of "consolidate all to one location" would be fab.
well, I have everything consolidated under a single top directory, now called "BFD Drums" anyway. And guess what? Migration has been seamless here.

NB: I didn't do any "Migrate" function such as the button in BFD3. I had it this way and the installer created a "BFD Drums" folder in Documents, and factory type folders in Application Support/BFD Drums. I populated the former by installing it all, letting it choose the subfolder under BFD Drums as I always do* (the factory stuff was duplicated from the original in a new directory).
*: in my estimation this is key to installing things BFD, don't create folders (and def. do not create them in multiple locations) during installation, the simplest possible directory structure is the best. It scans easier :idea:
also installation was very quick, I'd rather spend those minutes doing it than all this other stuff

and today, it all goes away due to a server issue
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.28.49 PM.jpg
finally I deleted application caches and the thing was able to find its ass
this was pretty terrifying. they need to free us from being bound to a server in the ether. no use commenting, no one we have any contact with is going to change this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yet again BFD prompts me to run license manager which doesn't work. Ive been told before to log out and in but when I do this I can't access anything other than core library.............Oh, and inmusic support is now not working. Has anyone found a permanent solution to this or should I just give it up as a bad job?
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced replacement?

complicity wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:51 pm Yet again BFD prompts me to run license manager which doesn't work. Ive been told before to log out and in but when I do this I can't access anything other than core library.............Oh, and inmusic support is now not working. Has anyone found a permanent solution to this or should I just give it up as a bad job?
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced replacement?
Why doesn't the License Manager work? Are you on Monterey? There's a hotfix in the works for License Manager issues in Monterey.

Otherwise, the License Manager should just open, reauthorize, then BFD3 should pick right back up.

License manager shows everything activated but BFD won't open. Working on PC, Win 10.

Are you running BFD 3.4.3.7? If not, upgrade to that version.

https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/bfd3-4-3-7-released/1660

I received two messages from support this morning. Neither seemed to follow what I'd said at all, and I speak purdy good english.

I looked for a specific BFD cache but found nothing. finally I did something I tend to really avoid, deleting applications cache in OnyX, and then after that restart the LM behaved normally. I don't know what happened between yesterday morning and yesterday evening to break it. There's the error message, I doubt it's a coincidence that I did that and at once the list is 'retrievable', so I doubt the veracity of the error message. Particularly as part of the message subsequently was 'you're not logged in' to the inmusic account. Which I certainly was, it's the first thing that occurred to me.

Shit happens, no problem, but this DRM trip is for the birds, I started with BFD in '03 and there was never a real problem to get into BFD, any version.

BFD3 and M1 MBP w/ Monterrey was a no go. Sadly, it was time for it to go.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

I'm on Big Sur on a 2019 MBP. Oddly the first launch after I'd repaired the connection it asked me if I wanted to migrate from fxpansion, which I have never had BFD3 do, and there is no fxpansion directory to migrate from.

I don't know where stuff is in windows. if you can delete BFD3 caches it might change your situation. I don't like doing it globally but things are more opaque now with Mac OS.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:44 pm Are you running BFD 3.4.3.7? If not, upgrade to that version.

https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/bfd3-4-3-7-released/1660
I honestly thought I was but looks like I'd only downloaded it. Seems ok now.
Thanks very much.

I just tried to use bfd3 and of course as soon as i try it all comes up as unauthorised, so i download the new license manager, install it and now it shows me with nothing installed at all.

I've f**king had it with this shit.

Never really got my monies worth from any fxpansion products i've owned. Always problems, bugs took months to fix, if they ever bothered, forums always full of spam messages that they were always going to get rid of soon but they always reappeared.

No one ever seemed to be bothered about the customers.

They made some great software but it never got finished or got deprecated.

Not really angry any more, just really sad at the time wasted dealing with their crap and how great software ended up so annoying to use and deal with.

Anyway im out now, i've just deleted all my fxpansion software and will probably buy some addictive drums in the BF sales.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

only fxpansion product I've purchased was BFD. it's not been very buggy. The only bugginess I've experienced was a few years ago when something broke host automation completely. I stayed with it until it was (mostly) fixed, with support (ROLI at the time). Initially they had no idea, this is such a low priority. I had to explain it and walk 'em through it. It's still lowest priority - virtually no one knows what I'm talking about, still - but it more or less works since then, imperfectly.

The authorization to use it is very problematic with the inMusic overlords, and it's made me want out but I can't afford to replace all this, which quite a bit of is unique. But I saw reference to a server problem that almost certainly wasn't, but what occurred does not occur except for that need to be logged into a webite, which is just a really bad idea. It was no list could be found, it was completely borked. I got it working, I don't understand why what I did did the trick really at all, nothing about it tracks.

For those that are fed up with the LM issues, a user on https://forum.bfddrums.com suggested maybe trying to email inMusic directly, to explain our frustration with the issues we're having. If enough people do it, it might have an impact. Maybe their social media channels as well.

https://www.inmusicbrands.com/contact

I upgraded my version of BFD3 to the latest version via the new BFD License Manager, and that all seems to have gone well. I am now looking to get my BFD2 and BFD1 samples licensed in the new BFD License Manager. I'm told they are available as part of the Eldorado and London Sessions Packs and that licensed users are entitled to those packs. How do you go about getting those license keys? Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”