VCV Rack 2

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:17 pm From September 25th...
Release schedule
To give sufficient time to plugin developers to migrate their plugins, we guarantee the following minimum dates.

Oct 9 at earliest: Rack 2 Studio Edition pre-release licenses available to plugin developers and media.
Oct 23 at earliest: Declare Rack 2 API and ABI stable.
Nov 6 at earliest: Release Rack 2.0 Community Edition for download and Studio Edition for sale.
https://community.vcvrack.com/t/rack-de ... og/5864/69

...The likelihood of it being released on the "earliest" possible day was very small. But it should be relatively soon (maybe this week, maybe a few more weeks).
I asked around in Discord, and the answer I got was that it was pretty optimistic estimate and apparently more like couple weeks off from that 6th date. Don't know the people there and it wasn't by Andrew, but nobody contested it (which may be due to lack of activity).

Either way, I guess it'll be within the month.

I've been using it since the source code was made public. The UI improvements are worth the wait, I can't use v1 now without getting frustrated. Most plugin collections have been ported and/or tested with v2, though the bulk of the commercial stuff appears to be waiting for the official launch (a few intrepid closed-source devs - NYSTHI and Vult come to mind - have been keeping up with the beta releases). AFAIK the VST version is still being tested. The plugin is closed-source, I have no idea what it's like.

StudioDave wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:35 am I've been using it since the source code was made public. The UI improvements are worth the wait, I can't use v1 now without getting frustrated. Most plugin collections have been ported and/or tested with v2, though the bulk of the commercial stuff appears to be waiting for the official launch (a few intrepid closed-source devs - NYSTHI and Vult come to mind - have been keeping up with the beta releases). AFAIK the VST version is still being tested. The plugin is closed-source, I have no idea what it's like.
you should use night mode for some videos :tu:

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:17 pm you should use night mode for some videos :tu:
Will do. I have a batch of things that need uploading, I'll try a couple of 'em with night mode on. It does look kinda cool.

There's a new build of the Community Edition out today that Andrew is hoping will be the RC for a stable ABI. Once declared stable, he will begin accepting new modules and we'll be much closer to an official release for VCV Rack 2. Hoping it's just a matter of weeks.

The ABI has been declared stable and a new beta is out for the Community Edition (i.e. the free version without VST support). Developers can begin submitting their updated v2 modules now. That means the official release should be happening soon.

StudioDave wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:17 pm you should use night mode for some videos :tu:
Will do. I have a batch of things that need uploading, I'll try a couple of 'em with night mode on. It does look kinda cool.
yup, nice light show for watching (i do watch) in the dark 8)
might be cool to send out to a projector too, mood lighting for the studio while working :o

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm The ABI has been declared stable and a new beta is out for the Community Edition (i.e. the free version without VST support). Developers can begin submitting their updated v2 modules now. That means the official release should be happening soon.
awesome thanks for the updated information :D

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm The ABI has been declared stable and a new beta is out for the Community Edition (i.e. the free version without VST support). Developers can begin submitting their updated v2 modules now. That means the official release should be happening soon.
awesome thanks for the updated information :D
Vey much looking forward to get it :hyper:
Fernando (FMR)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm That means the official release should be happening soon.
Or not. :)

The latest beta is an on-going delight. I've been building the available open-source plugins, most of the indispensable stuff is already there. The NYSTHI and Vult closed-source-but-free collections need updated for the beta. The Vult plugin has been released for the beta but it's not working on my system (Linux). Most closed-source projects have been awaiting the official release date, hopefully we'll soon see releases from Blamsoft, Alright Devices, Stellare Modular, and others.

Testing Rescomb 2 for Leonardo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SQyp05lx0

Gotta love resonators! :love:
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

:party: :party: :party: :party: And finally they released it!!!!

Looks fairly cool well done to all involved!

VCV Rack 2 Free and Pro released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYft3MFOCJQ

On the last day in November, how cool is that.... :party: :)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”