Recording Audio on a Mac Trouble! SOLVED!!!

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:58 am
Michael L wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:26 am ( But If I "don't allow" the microphone, I still see Inputs in the Recording dialogue )
Iirc in that case the Mac will only send silence to the app, MuLab in this case. That's how it implements the privacy.
Yes, but he had no Inputs and that only happens if you choose a Device that "Can't start the Audio Engine," is that correct? (trying to 'rule out')
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

There are 2 things: The Mac privacy thing and the Aggregate Device thing. I think that if Tommy wants to use the internal mic instead of his audio device then he needs to create an Aggregate Device for the built-in input + output.

Michael L wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:00 am One last idea: If you updated MacOS after you installed MuLab, the OS might not have retained the previous permission.
So, try trashing just the app, then download the app update installer from MuTools, and reinstall. You should get a new microphone permission request.
Thanks for the late-night last thoughts. I used Terminal to reset these permissions, but clearly, that didn't help. . . . I reinstalled, but still no microphone permission request.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:25 am There are 2 things: The Mac privacy thing and the Aggregate Device thing. I think that if Tommy wants to use the internal mic instead of his audio device then he needs to create an Aggregate Device for the built-in input + output.
I created an Aggregate Device, but still no option on input. Is "drift correction" the same as latency compensation?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Note: After I reset microphone access I launched Reaper and I did get a prompt to add microphone access. I need to find a way to get MuLab to join my microphone access list. Reinstalling and restarting did not work. I also do not have a + feature to enable me to search for an app to add.

tommyzai wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm I created an Aggregate Device, but still no option on input.
Did you select the aggregate device in MuLab -> Audio Setup?

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:23 pm
tommyzai wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm I created an Aggregate Device, but still no option on input.
Did you select the aggregate device in MuLab -> Audio Setup?
I did now, and it works. Also, MuLab shows up in Microphone Access. Did the Aggregate Device setup prompt the access or was that due to reinstalling or other?

It might not have had a microphone to access until you created the aggregate device. Interesting macos behaviour. This is so similar to your thread from years ago.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:17 pm . . . This is so similar to your thread from years ago.
I'd like to find that old thread to see if it yielded the same results. ;-)

Return to “MUTOOLS”