Freestyle & Big Sur

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Freestyle work with Big Sur? I have it installed but can't get most plugins don't work.
No GUI's, etc. It can't make thumbnails.
I cant get sound into Freestyle from my interface even if I just connect a cable between input & output (yes,I have the correct settings). My old projects load but none of them make any sound.
Is there a secret setting in system security preferences I'm missing? Most things seem to ask for use of the microphone to work. Freestyle doesn't.

I've used it for years so I'm a bit puzzled

Cheers

Ian
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Are you running it in Rosetta? You have to in order to use most plugins unless they’re already native.

Hi,
No, I'm on an Intel trashcan Mac. I should have said that, sorry. No M1 here. It ran fine on Catalina. I recently did a clean install of Big Sur & only installed compatible plugins. I cant find any info on whether Freestyle is or not. Granite, etc, seem to work fine & are the only plugins bar a few that have GUIs & thumbnails in Freestyle atm

Ian

So I was hoping the latest release 1.6034 would fix my problems, but my VSTs still have no GUIs, the audio inputs don't work at all, VST3s do nothing that I can tell. What's going on? This is the standalone version btw. I don't tend to use the plugin version

It's working for me on Big Sur Intel

It hasn't worked properly for me since I upgraded. I've contacted support now to see if they can help. I use it mostly to process guitar & my Subharmonicon & DFAM setup, but no audio goes in or comes out anymore

ians wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:54 pm It hasn't worked properly for me since I upgraded. I've contacted support now to see if they can help. I use it mostly to process guitar & my Subharmonicon & DFAM setup, but no audio goes in or comes out anymore
Was this ever figured out? Thanks.
Sniffing corks hurts my brain

hoth wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:09 pm
ians wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:54 pm It hasn't worked properly for me since I upgraded. I've contacted support now to see if they can help. I use it mostly to process guitar & my Subharmonicon & DFAM setup, but no audio goes in or comes out anymore
Was this ever figured out? Thanks.
Yes. I'm on a new Mac Studio now, running the Silicon version of Freestyle & all good. Never figured out why it hated my Intel Mac

There is an issue in big sur with no sound in standalone mode, this is due to privacy settings and it has been fixed in the current beta versions which are available from the user area of the website. The next official release containing the fix is imminent.
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “New Sonic Arts”