Creating/Editing kits in MuDrum

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to set up a template that includes a scaled-down version of MuDrum Rack, i.e., removing percussion instruments, but cannot find a way to delete or create a mini drum rack. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by tommyzai on Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

It looks like I can simply delete the existing MuDrum Rack and create a new one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tommyzai on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Any thoughts on the simplest, most powerful way to set up a user-defined drum kit is appreciated.

tommyzai wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:09 pm Any thoughts on the simplest, most powerful way to set up a user-defined drum kit is appreciated.
Why not use MuDrum?

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:34 pm Why not use MuDrum?
I guess MuDrum would make more sense than using MuSampla as it's designed for drums. Would you suggest I start from scratch in MuDrum and create my own kit rather than edit the existing kit?

I suggest you experiment & play with it and find your ways for the music you wanna make.

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:10 pm I suggest you experiment & play with it and find your ways for the music you wanna make.
I almost forgot how flexible MuLab is. I think I got used to closed-systems. With added freedom there is more responsibility . . . and potential fun. ;-)

Check out some the instruments in Mulib. There are some really cool drum machines that others have made. It may be a platform for you to add to or inspiration to create your own.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:23 pm Check out some the instruments in Mulib. There are some really cool drum machines that others have made. It may be a platform for you to add to or inspiration to create your own.
Will do!! Thank you. I'm very excited about re-exploring MuLab. Time to make music!!

I'm hopeful that velocity layers will be added in the future to expand MuDrum's capabilities . . . for realism and dynamics.

tommyzai wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:43 pm I'm hopeful that velocity layers will be added in the future to expand MuDrum's capabilities . . . for realism and dynamics.
Maybe you missed this:
viewtopic.php?p=8267743#p8267743

mutools wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:03 pm
tommyzai wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:43 pm I'm hopeful that velocity layers will be added in the future to expand MuDrum's capabilities . . . for realism and dynamics.
Maybe you missed this:
viewtopic.php?p=8267743#p8267743
Thanks for the F.R. response.

Return to “MUTOOLS”