Arturia Black Friday 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:36 pm
cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 pm why tf do they try to make it look like the physical machine
Because many people want emulations to look like the physical machines they are emulating ?
But they're still just cartoon-ish renderings. They can make them reasonably resemble the machines, but in a much more elegant design that makes better use of screen space (like many other developers do). Do you really need to see the legs/base on a cartoon image of an EP, or the vents in a synth, etc., to know what's being emulated, all at the expense of tiny controls? I sure don't, so yeah, they probably aren't for me. :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

tonymax wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:57 pm is it worth waiting for V9 then? or buy upgrade v7 to v8 at 99 and waiting for a sale to get the SQ80V?
thanks....
When I updated to V8, the SQ80V was included. Not sure how it works today.

But I just got the FX 2 for $69. :tu:
Got the V collection and the FX collection now.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:16 pm But they're still just cartoon-ish renderings. They can make them reasonably resemble the machines, but in a much more elegant design that makes better use of screen space (like many other developers do). Do you really need to see the legs/base on a cartoon image of an EP, or the vents in a synth, etc., to know what's being emulated, all at the expense of tiny controls? I sure don't, so yeah, they probably aren't for me. :shrug:
I only own two Arturia synths, Pigments 3 which is the textbook definition of cartoonish in my opinion and of course it's not an emulation.

And SQ80V which captures the spirit of the hardware on the hardware tab view while giving a more modern programming GUI on the Synthesis tab.

But if I were to buy say their Jupiter 8 then yea I want it to look like a Jupiter 8. Otherwise it's just another synth. Part of the emulation is visual for me :shrug:

Anyway I qualify for the $199 offer for the whole collection which even if I only count the 14 plugins I want it comes out to less than $15 apiece which would be no brainer territory. (all the electric pianos and organs can go in the trash bin).

But I'd rather buy them one by one at $20 each over time than shell out $200 all at once. Even though I would pay more over time, stretching out the costs seems easier to justify and getting a new plugin every once in awhile would stretch out the enjoyment longer than getting them dumped all at once.

Anyway just my opinion not like Arturia is listening. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:09 am
cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:16 pm But they're still just cartoon-ish renderings. They can make them reasonably resemble the machines, but in a much more elegant design that makes better use of screen space (like many other developers do). Do you really need to see the legs/base on a cartoon image of an EP, or the vents in a synth, etc., to know what's being emulated, all at the expense of tiny controls? I sure don't, so yeah, they probably aren't for me. :shrug:
I only own two Arturia synths, Pigments 3 which is the textbook definition of cartoonish in my opinion and of course it's not an emulation.

And SQ80V which captures the spirit of the hardware on the hardware tab view while giving a more modern programming GUI on the Synthesis tab.

But if I were to buy say their Jupiter 8 then yea I want it to look like a Jupiter 8. Otherwise it's just another synth. Part of the emulation is visual for me :shrug:

Anyway I qualify for the $199 offer for the whole collection which even if I only count the 14 plugins I want it comes out to less than $15 apiece which would be no brainer territory. (all the electric pianos and organs can go in the trash bin).

But I'd rather buy them one by one at $20 each over time than shell out $200 all at once. Even though I would pay more over time, stretching out the costs seems easier to justify and getting a new plugin every once in awhile would stretch out the enjoyment longer than getting them dumped all at once.

Anyway just my opinion not like Arturia is listening. :shrug:
I'd do the same, but they will never sale for $20 and even second hand they are usually around $50 (bought the Arturia Jupiter emulation second hand here recently). So, not sure what to do myself, I got Pigments 3, Analog Lab and the Jupiter but shelling out 199€ (as my offer from Arturia is) is definitely not an easy step for me. For 150€ I'd bite immediately. Also I can't really get over the fact that they didn't include the Ensoniq SQ80. If I get their "collection" I would want to have anything they got.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

jamcat wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:26 am
TheFrozenSea wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:07 am
Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:50 pm afaik december 5tth?

the crossgrade for the FX is 69 bucks for me, are those compressors etc really good? cause i wanna step down from WAVES comps etc. but they really are nice! but for 69 bucks to get over 10 or 20 effects is really a nice price! but i wanna have more quality than quantity....
I'm on kind of the same page. Waves plugins still work for me but if I upgrade my computer who knows...

Not sure if the fx collection does it for me, I need to replace Puigtec, Puigchild and CLA 2A first and foremost. The fx collection has a lot of nice stuff but I don't know if it's the best replacement for those specific plugins. I like Arturia though so I think I'll download some demos and see if they feel worth it.
Go for IK T-RackS for Pultec, Fairchild, and LA-2A.

I should point out that the dbx 160 and 165 are quite different beasts, not just because the 165 has adjustable attack and release and the 160 does not. The 160 is a hard knee, while the 165 is an "over easy" soft knee. But some people say you can make the 165 sound like a 160, so I guess I'll see when I get the Arturia FX Collection.
Thanks for the tip, but I stay away from IK. I tried to buy their Stealth Limiter some months ago when it was on sale, downloaded their install/buy assistant and spent a few hours trying to search in there without any luck. Just ended up in a loop, sent to the website, download their assistant, back to the website... I'm not smart enough to buy from them it seems :)

felis wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:48 pm
tonymax wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:57 pm is it worth waiting for V9 then? or buy upgrade v7 to v8 at 99 and waiting for a sale to get the SQ80V?
thanks....
When I updated to V8, the SQ80V was included. Not sure how it works today.

But I just got the FX 2 for $69. :tu:
Got the V collection and the FX collection now.
About to jump on FX Collection 2 for $69. Irresistible, isn't it? :tu:

It would be surprising if they dropped V Collection 9 right after the Black Friday sale. I am expecting it to be released in summer 2022, but anything can happen. December and May are the V Collection release months.

In my case i agree 199 is nice price, but currently i can create similar sounds with other plugins so I skip this bf offer.
this offer is ideal for those who don't have any existing bundle. but when you already have something equally big bundle, well.. it's a matter of taste (and budget)

This has to be the best Black Friday offer I've seen so far!
Unless they drop new versions of each bundle + Pigments at the end of the year with no grace period :lol:

I logged in yesterday to the Arturia website and had a few special offers because I owned Chorus JUN-6 (which I assume I got for free a while back)

I was taking some time to mull it over and today I managed to get a copy of V Collection 8 used by trading it for Kontakt 6, which another person was looking for and it worked out cheaper than the offer.

My discount for the FX bundle went from 99 to 69 so I bit the bullet and went from owning Chorus JUN-6 to owning ALMOST all their products.

I say almost but I'm probably going to get Pigments 3 to complete it lmao
Great work Arturia you've twisted my arm and made me buy everything 😂

Odd.. I own 12 of the 22 fx's and Pigments and my special offer is still the same $99.
At least my Special Offer doesn't show me the option of Buying a Pigments license which I already bought from them years ago :)
rsp
sound sculptist

nishyp wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 am This has to be the best Black Friday offer I've seen so far!
Unless they drop new versions of each bundle + Pigments at the end of the year with no grace period :lol:

I logged in yesterday to the Arturia website and had a few special offers because I owned Chorus JUN-6 (which I assume I got for free a while back)

I was taking some time to mull it over and today I managed to get a copy of V Collection 8 used by trading it for Kontakt 6, which another person was looking for and it worked out cheaper than the offer.

My discount for the FX bundle went from 99 to 69 so I bit the bullet and went from owning Chorus JUN-6 to owning ALMOST all their products.

I say almost but I'm probably going to get Pigments 3 to complete it lmao
Great work Arturia you've twisted my arm and made me buy everything 😂
Wow! You are having an excellent Black Friday in NZ. :lol: :tu:

I am most likely going to buy the FX Collection 2 for $69, because I would like to have a few effects from the bundle and as an appreciation for Arturia's generosity with all the offers I have gotten from them. And of course they being NKS compatible. 8)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:43 am Wow! You are having an excellent Black Friday in NZ. :lol: :tu:

I am most likely going to buy the FX Collection 2 for $69, because I would like to have a few effects from the bundle and as an appreciation for Arturia's generosity with all the offers I have gotten from them. And of course they being NKS compatible. 8)
I got FX2 yesterday.
After a quick try, I think Bus Force and Eternity Delay are worth the cost of the whole collection to me.
Glad I went for it. :tu:

felis wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:06 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:43 am Wow! You are having an excellent Black Friday in NZ. :lol: :tu:

I got FX2 yesterday.
After a quick try, I think Bus Force and Eternity Delay are worth the cost of the whole collection to me.
Glad I went for it. :tu:
That's great. Yeah, Eternity Delay is one of those plugins I am interested in. $69 for a bundle of 22 (?) effects is insane and something even PA and Waves can't do. :hihi: Not sure how they compare with PA and Waves, but I believe most of them are pretty good.

I am glad that I did not pay much attention when the same crossgrade (without the latest 3 additions IIRC) was $99! :tu:

Yeh, Bus Force, Eternity Delay and Intensity Reverb are the stand outs for me, but I also like the Phaser and Dimension D Corus.

Definitely worth 69 USD, I hope one day they develop a rack host for all of the FX along the lines of Analogue Lab
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

thanks
I would upgrade now, if I hadn't upgraded in the latest deal (V8+SQ80V for 149).

Curious to know if upgrade to V Collection 8 still includes SQ80 V. That would be a no-brainer for $99, especially for V Collection 6 owners assuming the deal is applicable for them.

Return to “Instruments”