Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:42 pm I have a lifetime Key for z pro and the model expansions are not included.

If i want them i have to buy each separately.
Wish there where a discount on the Analog collection for us Who bought z pro before they started the z analog collection offer.
Did you subscribe monthly prior to the lifetime key, and if so, did you get the expansions then? Maybe that's where the catch is: expansions come with the subscription but not the lifetime key.
I am subscribed so i do have them that way but they do have a sale often which includes Z Pro and the Analogue Models for the Z Pro.

If you already own a lifetime key for Z Pro there are no cheap upgrade to the Analogue models and buying Z pro twice is not a option either since you can't sell the second license of Z Pro.

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:47 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:42 pm I have a lifetime Key for z pro and the model expansions are not included.

Wish there where a discount on the Analog collection for us Who bought z pro before they started the z analog collection offer.
Did you subscribe monthly prior to the lifetime key, and if so, did you get the expansions then? Maybe that's where the catch is: expansions come with the subscription but not the lifetime key.
I am subscribed so i do have them that way but they do have a sale often which includes Z Pro and the Analogue Models for the Z Pro.

If you already own a lifetime key for Z Pro there are no cheap upgrade to the Analogue models and buying Z pro twice is not a option either since you can't sell the second license of Z Pro.
Z Pro is a ripoff, IMO. It isn't worth the asking price by any means.
Fernando (FMR)

And again, with this offer, I would like to know if the Ultimate Membership with this also includes the two lifetime licenses. If so, this is an insta-buy for me.

I say, hey (hey), you (you)
Get off of my cloud
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:00 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Z Pro is a ripoff, IMO. It isn't worth the asking price by any means.
Yeah it is different and i prefer the sound and programming of the jv, xv ,SRX and my FA over it.
With SRX Dance Trax + XV 5080 i have basicly the FA-06 ITB - the supernatural synth and they have the same programs and samples in the same places so it is quick and easy to recreate presets both ways.
Programming the Z Pro is totaly different and it is a lot of work to recreate presets from my FA on it because everything behaves differently and it sounds thinner than my FA and some things is impossible to get right because of it.

The JV, XV, SRX and FA Have more punch and bite and the Z Pro is more mellow and sounds like it has a slow volume attack setting on as default which can't be removed.

Wish they would make a FA Vst instead of the Zen Pro just because i know that thing inside out and know exactly how to get the sound i want from my head to the speakers.

I don't regret buying Z Pro because it is interesting on it's own and i treat it as it's own thing + i love that you can use up and down arrow to browse thru presets instead of endless mouse clicking on the other Plugins.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonSolo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:26 pm

And again, with this offer, I would like to know if the Ultimate Membership with this also includes the two lifetime licenses. If so, this is an insta-buy for me.
That is a good question but i don't know since i don't work for Roland.
Have you tried to send a PM to Brian and asked him? (He might know how that works).

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Yes, WHEN AND WHILE YOU HAVE A PROPER SUBSCRIPTION you can access the expansions. But that's not what was asked. What was asked was IF a license for Zenology Pro includes the expansions - which it doesn't. You wrote: "Zenology Pro for sure has model expansions" - which it doesn't. You have access to them ONLY when and while you are subscribed. The Lifetime Key doesn't include them. So you were spreading misinformation
Jesus, relax. Roland Cloud is freakin' confusing. And, I did include a screenshot with Pro and the checkmarks beside it - it's not like I was deliberately trying to screw someone over.

Below is what I see under offers on Roland Cloud. Looks like if you get the Ultimate Play4Life (one year of the ultimate subscription), you get 2 Legendary lifetime keys. This is not a lifetime key for Zenology Pro. There is also a Pro P4L which you get one lifetime key for a Legendary. In summary, there are 3 special offers:
1. Zen Pro Analog Icons: lifetime key for Zenology Pro and lifetime keys for model extensions ($499)
2. Zen Pro P4L: one year of ZenPro subscription gets you one lifetime key for a legendary synth ($99)
3. Zen Ultimate P4L: one year of Zen Ultimate subscription gets you two lifetime keys for legendary synths. ($199)

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm just trying to figure this out like everyone else.
roland ultimate p4l.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Below is what I see under offers on Roland Cloud. Looks like if you get the Ultimate Play4Life (one year of the ultimate subscription), you get 2 Legendary lifetime keys. This is not a lifetime key for Zenology Pro. There is also a Pro P4L which you get one lifetime key for a Legendary. In summary, there are 3 special offers:
1. Zen Pro Analog Icons: lifetime key for Zenology Pro and lifetime keys for model extensions ($499)
2. Roland Cloud Pro P4L: one year of ZenPro subscription gets you one lifetime key for a legendary synth ($99)
3. Roland Cloud Ultimate P4L: one year of Zen Ultimate subscription gets you two lifetime keys for legendary synths. ($199)

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm just trying to figure this out like everyone else.
That's not how I read it. You keep tying Zen Pro with the subscriptions, which isn't correct.

When you buy a ROLAND CLOUD Pro subscription (not Zen Pro - there is no Zen Pro subscription whatsoever), you are entitled to a free lifetime license for Legendary instrument.

When you buy a ROLAND CLOUD Ultimate subscription (again, not Zen Pro), you are entitled to two free lifetime licenses for Legendary instruments.

When you buy a lifetime license for Zenology Pro Analog Icons you are entitled to a FREE one year ROLAND CLOUD subscription (but no extra license).

This is how I read it. Maybe the Roland guy can clarify it.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes, they've been a bit funny with promotions in the past e.g. back one everyone subscribed at the top RC level was auto enrolled into a deal which got them lifetime synth keys each year, there was a half price promo discount for a year of top level RC sub tied into a music festival. The catch was if you switched over to that deal you wouldn't get a lifetime key after a year, so not attractive if you were already signed up.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I bought zenology pro a while back. Silly me, I thought you got the stand alone vst modules with it. My bad... I should have read through the deal thoroughly.

While Znogly sounds fine the interface is truly dreadful. I wish I bought the individual modules now instead. Buyer beware!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:58 pm
sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:48 pm Below is what I see under offers on Roland Cloud. Looks like if you get the Ultimate Play4Life (one year of the ultimate subscription), you get 2 Legendary lifetime keys. This is not a lifetime key for Zenology Pro. There is also a Pro P4L which you get one lifetime key for a Legendary. In summary, there are 3 special offers:
2. Roland Cloud Pro P4L: one year of ZenPro subscription gets you one lifetime key for a legendary synth ($99)
3. Roland Cloud Ultimate P4L: one year of Zen Ultimate subscription gets you two lifetime keys for legendary synths. ($199)

That's not how I read it. You keep tying Zen Pro with the subscriptions, which isn't correct.

When you buy a ROLAND CLOUD Pro subscription (not Zen Pro - there is no Zen Pro subscription whatsoever), you are entitled to a free lifetime license for Legendary instrument.

When you buy a ROLAND CLOUD Ultimate subscription (again, not Zen Pro), you are entitled to two free lifetime licenses for Legendary instruments.

When you buy a lifetime license for Zenology Pro Analog Icons you are entitled to a FREE one year ROLAND CLOUD subscription (but no extra license).

This is how I read it. Maybe the Roland guy can clarify it.
I agree, I should have used the word cloud and not zenology for deals 2 and 3 in my list.

Why does Zenology Pro load so slowly whereas legendary instruments load instantaneously? I am using Logic on an M1 Mac.

Chrisk-K wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 am Why does Zenology Pro load so slowly whereas legendary instruments load instantaneously? I am using Logic on an M1 Mac.
Not sure why.
It does the same on PC.
The System 1 and 8 + the legendary used to be slow too but they fixed that a few months ago.

EnochLight wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:34 pm Oh I totally suspect that’s the case. I was merely saying I’d buy an ACB version that can run on System 8 in a heartbeat. Full price. It’s a travesty that Roland didn’t follow through and make one - but I fear System 8 has been put out to pasture.
Yeah, probably. I'm good with that though. The System-8 feels like a "finished" product to me (in fact it did when I first bought it, because it already had all three plugouts loaded). I also realized when they released the Juno-60 plugout that I don't really want to remove any of the defaults, which means I'd only use new ones as plugins anyway.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”