E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dont know what happened but last week the unofficial installer for this Devil's Spawn bit of 'kit' led to my bootloader being corrupted and me unable to boot into Windows.

I had an EasyBCD dual-boot system and it wouldn't into safe mode first time around (probably PEBKAC). So I set EasyBCD checkbox to what I thought would go into Safe Mode. In response it b0rked my C drive.

Comedy of errors, I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10, Cubase and am now looking forward to reinstalling around 100+ various plugins from scattered email invoices over the years :(

And I was just discussing better backup solutions with a friend the day before as my NAS had recently died :'-(

Hard lesson learned: "backup your shizzle before you try bizzle".

At least this time around i will have a better folder organisation and take regular backups!

I am experiencing a problem with the volume control of the monitor. Now it has nothing to do with the volume of Windows.

What I just haven't tried - the advice from this topic is to put APP 2_10 then 2_20. I was digging in the registry in search of how PatchMix is related to the volume of the Windows mixer.

Tested on different PCs. All the same

I downloaded SoundVolumeView and saw that Monitor Out (Subunit) the volume value as a percentage changes when I turn the Monitor Volume knob in Patchmix.
Then I don't understand what is the reason? There may be a difference in piaproxy.dll 64 and 32 in Patchmix.

HELP IS VERY NECESSARY. Let's figure it out together.
For help, I promise to make a normal installer for these drivers.

hello there and thank you very much for trying to keep our hardware alive. Im on the 1212m pcie win10 21h2 and got it to work via this workaround. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=371831&start=690
However I dont know what is causing it but using the emu asio driver in ableton gives me bad random crackling even under lite "load". I was thinking about switching to the win10 drivers though its another procedure for the installation. Could this possibly solve the crackling issues? So it should be worth the hustle^^ Any ideas?
http://bit.ly/2YL42ix <- YouTube Abo grandfilou.hiphop :tu: :phones:

grandfilou. wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:07 pm hello there and thank you very much for trying to keep our hardware alive. Im on the 1212m pcie win10 21h2 and got it to work via this workaround. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=371831&start=690
However I dont know what is causing it but using the emu asio driver in ableton gives me bad random crackling even under lite "load". I was thinking about switching to the win10 drivers though its another procedure for the installation. Could this possibly solve the crackling issues? So it should be worth the hustle^^ Any ideas?
There are many possible causes, but changing the PCIe slot may solve the problem.

Thank you so much for this.. My only problem is that WAVE OUT (WAVE L/R HOST) outputs an interrupted signal. (the sound recording has pauses of silence.. they are 0.01 seconds, and they interrupt the recording every 0.5 seconds, thus making the recording unusable).

Also (in my case) sometimes the whole sound starts to "buzz" and the solution I found is to change from 44.1khz to 48khz or the other way around (it doesn't matter, all it matters is that i should change and then i can revert to 44.1khz). But this is not that important. The send "WAVE OUT" is important however (I was used to watching an analyzer when listening to online music, and that uses wave out, so i can't..).

@rontronprime
rontronprime wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:43 pm My 1616m's preamps started producing a lot of noise, so I've replaced my audio interface. All other functionality is fine. Rather than throw the thing in the trash, I thought I'd see if someone here could use any of it. Send me a message and we can work something out. I'll toss it if I don't get any bites.
I am interested in the PCIe card alone.
Please DM me.

I had great success with Windows 10 and my 1616m using the pcmcia card on a pcie-cardbus adapter (used to be on amazon, not anymore). Since installing Windows 11, I had to redo the script (run powershell as admin this time!), however I do get occasional dpc watchdog BSODs sometimes when I restart windows, it may or may not be related to IRQ issues/playing around with my overclocking, but if I eject the EMU PCMCIA card, I never have issues. I did not test the ASIO heavily, just with Traktor 3 Pro @ 2ms and everything seems to be running fine (on a Xeon 3.4GHz 16threads). I am still trying to figure out we can smooth out the Windows 11 not crashing the boot randomly. Preliminary testing suggests that if you switch the CTHELPER and CTXFIHLP startups as "delayed start", helps.

rontronprime wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:43 pm My 1616m's preamps started producing a lot of noise, so I've replaced my audio interface. All other functionality is fine. Rather than throw the thing in the trash, I thought I'd see if someone here could use any of it. Send me a message and we can work something out. I'll toss it if I don't get any bites.
I would be delighted to own one of these. I'd be happy to take it all from you. I especially would cherish the audio quality of the line outs, as most of what I do is mixing, and I have some other preamps/audio interfaces, so the noise on the preamps, will not be a big issue for me. I'm also missing the MIDI cables on my 1212M, so receiving this would be excellent.

Thanks in advance.

Kindly DM/PM me, and we can take things further.

I've sent you a message as requested.

Common on people, the soundcard is the same, why doesn't the WAVE SEND work? ASIO SEND works just fine.. There's got to be a fix in those kit files..

Psyc0ma wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:03 pm I am experiencing a problem with the volume control of the monitor. Now it has nothing to do with the volume of Windows.

What I just haven't tried - the advice from this topic is to put APP 2_10 then 2_20. I was digging in the registry in search of how PatchMix is related to the volume of the Windows mixer.

Tested on different PCs. All the same

I downloaded SoundVolumeView and saw that Monitor Out (Subunit) the volume value as a percentage changes when I turn the Monitor Volume knob in Patchmix.
Then I don't understand what is the reason? There may be a difference in piaproxy.dll 64 and 32 in Patchmix.

HELP IS VERY NECESSARY. Let's figure it out together.
For help, I promise to make a normal installer for these drivers.
I also searched for this problem for a long time to synchronize the monitor patchmix and windows volume knobs and still can’t find the answer, there is a pattern that it sometimes works after reinstalling any audio drivers followed by restarting windows, the last time it worked for me I reinstalled other drivers for realtek and it worked again for a while, but then miracles stopped again

Wave send (to record whatever is playing through wave out) needs to be somehow fixed. Perhaps if we send waveout to asio channel and use another app for recording that.

I just upgraded to a new machine with Windows 10 pre-installed.

I was previously on a Windows 8.1 machine (mostly because of my E-MU)

I have a PCI-Express E-MU 0404 card. (the USB version just has too much latency for me)

I was going to update to Windows 11, but decided against it because I've been reading that getting the 0404 to work with that is basically impossible.

That being said, when I go through this process and install the drivers, the computer crashes (blue screen) with the "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION" error message. I've tried many times, and once I got through the install of the drivers without crashing, then it crashed... and proceeded to crash on every boot after that until I did a system restore.

I REALLY need this to work. Can anyone help? Am I screwed?

Try and uninstall the whole thing and do a clean install by following the instructions. I got it working with Windows 11 but im using a pci-express to pcmcia adapter and use the pcmcia version of the card, and since the windows 11 upgrade im getting dpc watchdog violation bsods on rebooing that randomly end up going away, but I will test it with the pci-e version of the 0404 these coming days and post back. Im on an x99 mobo, E5 xeon octacore.
Also consider switching pci slots.

This is literally the first thing I've been trying to install on the new machine, I have no other software installed. I can't get past step 4. :(

fusercy wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:10 pm Try and uninstall the whole thing and do a clean install by following the instructions. I got it working with Windows 11 but im using a pci-express to pcmcia adapter and use the pcmcia version of the card, and since the windows 11 upgrade im getting dpc watchdog violation bsods on rebooing that randomly end up going away, but I will test it with the pci-e version of the 0404 these coming days and post back. Im on an x99 mobo, E5 xeon octacore.
Also consider switching pci slots.
I can't figure out how to uninstall what started, it seems like it's in progress, but I can't find anything in my system that was updated. :(

Now I'm stuck where it thinks I'm mid-install (because of the bsod, I guess) and I don't know how to 'clear' it.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”