Behringer daw

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
matrixo9
KVRist
119 posts since 22 Nov, 2021

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:09 am

I really hope it's soon because I'm almost pulling the trigger on other days but seems silly when behringers is around the corner and is probably going to o copy logic or Ableton .

vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am

around the corner with behringer can mean "several years from now if ever".

matrixo9
KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:33 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am
around the corner with behringer can mean "several years from now if ever".
Do you think ?

bungle
KVRAF
1781 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:35 am

It doesn't exist, don't fall for Behringers "Lets announce now, so they don't buy competitors products" BS.
I have nothing against Behringer over all, a lot of musicians could not afford to make music or play live without them, and I do have some of their gear myself, but one rule of thumb with Behringer, if it isn't available now, it DOES NOT EXIST.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

apoclypse
KVRian
829 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 am

Why would you wait for an unproven DAW? From a company that has never made a DAW or much software for that matter. It could be amazing but I would get a DAW for what it can do for you now, not what it may possibly do later. Like Bungle said Behringer announces a lot of things, mostly just to throw a wrench into competitor announcements. They announced the Behringer JAM which was their version of the MPC. Nowhere to be found and no information whatsoever that it even exists other than a photoshopped pic they uploaded. Take whatever Behringer announces with a grain of salt until you actually see the product being released.
Studio One 5.2 // Bitwig 3.3.4 // Logic Pro X 10.6 // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // MPC // Force // Maschine

jens
KVRAF
21401 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 pm

bungle wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:35 am
It doesn't exist, don't fall for Behringers "Lets announce now, so they don't buy competitors products" BS.
I have nothing against Behringer over all, a lot of musicians could not afford to make music or play live without them, and I do have some of their gear myself, but one rule of thumb with Behringer, if it isn't available now, it DOES NOT EXIST.
Just for the record: none of what you say here makes any logical sense.

vertibration
KVRian
586 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:43 pm

I would not wait around......Best to invest in a proven DAW. With FL 21 on the Horizon, free updates for life, I would honestly go with FL. I have FL, but I use a lot of other DAW's as well for testing purposes. The best bang for your buck is FL, and they have a lot.....and I mean a lot of new features in the pipeline

cryophonik
KVRAF
7559 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:47 pm

matrixo9 wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:09 am
I really hope it's soon because I'm almost pulling the trigger on other days but seems silly when behringers is around the corner and is probably going to o copy logic or Ableton .
Do you currently own a DAW?

I'm not going to say it'll never happen, but I do highly doubt that a company new to software development is going to release a v1 DAW that is anywhere nearly as fully featured as Logic Pro 10.7 or Ableton Live 11, or even Studio One v5 (which is still relatively new compared to the others). Not in the short amount of time that has elapsed since the Behringer DAW rumor was first leaked.

cryophonik
KVRAF
7559 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm

I think the better question is what will Behringer call their DAW that they copy? They seem to be pretty bold in naming their hardware synths after the original synths they've copied, so maybe...

LiveAble
ProLogic
OneStudio
PTPro
Reapair

matrixo9
KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:06 pm

cryophonik wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:47 pm
Do you currently own a DAW?

I'm not going to say it'll never happen, but I do highly doubt that a company new to software development is going to release a v1 DAW that is anywhere nearly as fully featured as Logic Pro 10.7 or Ableton Live 11, or even Studio One v5 (which is still relatively new compared to the others). Not in the short amount of time that has elapsed since the Behringer DAW rumor was first leaked.
other daws i mean i have reason lite

matrixo9
KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:07 pm

version 10 by the way so has lots of synths etc

itanever
KVRist
171 posts since 26 Jul, 2019

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:42 pm

cryophonik wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm
I think the better question is what will Behringer call their DAW that they copy? They seem to be pretty bold in naming their hardware synths after the original synths they've copied, so maybe...

LiveAble
ProLogic
OneStudio
PTPro
Reapair
If it ain't Butwig, I ain't gettin' it. Nuh-uh.

felis
KVRian
845 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:58 pm

I wouldn't wait. You could be using something else right now.

excuse me please
KVRAF
1639 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Looty Hoops

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
9044 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Maybe they can buy a defunct DAW and modernize it? Something like Cakewalk Project5 or Synapse Audio Orion

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”