IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Well, if you use CS or SE it looks like pretty much none. You have to buy the full version (Syntronic 2) it seems for the synths you already own to be 'upgraded' to be able to use the new features!! Oh, and I am not sure you get any new synths for that (its a maze to find information) I think you have to buy MAX to get the few new synths...

Having tried CS, it sounds exactly the same (no disenable sound quality improvements) but you need the full version to get the main new feature (blending 4 oscillators waves in one pre-set) so you cant really test it.

And as far as I can see you don't get MAX with Studio MAX 3.5....(It says...For a limited time, purchasers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX will receive Syntronik 2 for FREE....not MAX which is actually the new synths)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:12 pm There have been some server-side updates, please try to re-auth/restore again.
:lol:

Thanks God we have UVI.

The 'what you get' page (nicely hidden. click to open!) tells you everything you need to know- Not that it was rushed out or anything- check the price for the standard version!) You need MAX to gte anything new, its the Amplitiube 4 fiasco all over again, buying the Standard version just unlocks what you already own if you have V1!

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:49 pm Well, if you use CS or SE it looks like pretty much none. You have to buy the full version (Syntronic 2) it seems for the synths you already own to be 'upgraded' to be able to use the new features!! Oh, and I am not sure you get any new synths for that (its a maze to find information) I think you have to buy MAX to get the few new synths...

Having tried CS, it sounds exactly the same (no disenable sound quality improvements) but you need the full version to get the main new feature (blending 4 oscillators waves in one pre-set) so you cant really test it.

And as far as I can see you don't get MAX with Studio MAX 3.5....(It says...For a limited time, purchasers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX will receive Syntronik 2 for FREE....not MAX which is actually the new synths)
Yes, you are absolutely right, it is not worth installing it and taking up space, uninstalling.

I have Studio MAX 3.5, and was able to download and authorize Syntronik 2. I can confirm that the Syntronik 2 MAX instruments are NOT included. However, you can download the updated classic instruments.

I installed Syntronik 2 and my existing instruments show up as "unauthorized", so "can host ..." is a little misleading, because it very much looks like you have to buy the instrument again.

Also in ST4 I now see all the libraries for S2 as "authorized" but empty with no sounds inside. That is quite annoying, because I usually hide everything that I don't own (for obvious reasons).

On top of that, while I personally like the sound of the provided presets, none of them showcase the available new functions and they sounds quite similar to Syntronik 1. But since I don't have an update path anyway, I'll just say *meh* and move on.

Overall, that is quite disappointing, but I'm going to give credit where credit ist due: Thanks for updating ST4, that's much appreciated.

teilo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:12 pm However, you can download the updated classic instruments.
So out of interest is it worth updating to use the same instruments you already own- does the new UI and individual waves add enough in your opinion (if you had to pay £100 for it...?)

teilo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:12 pm I have Studio MAX 3.5, and was able to download and authorize Syntronik 2. I can confirm that the Syntronik 2 MAX instruments are NOT included. However, you can download the updated classic instruments.
Thanks for confirming- I almost upgraded to MAX 3.5 to get the new synths which are heavy featured as being the new part of Syntronic 2 (turns out they are not even included!)

I'm a bit disappointed tbh, falling for a deal that initially is looking good, but showing up not being as good. When was Total Studio MAX 3.5 released? Looks like about one and a half week ago. A bundle that contains ALL software at the date of release, but less than 2 weeks later is "old" again, with a €150 + tax sales price tag to really get the full bundle.

I would really like to get IKM's comment on this..!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Yeh, I changed the thread title to make it clear that buying the full version of Syntronic 2 does not get you the new synths as it wasn't clear to me....you have to buy them through the built in shop or buy the MAX version. They also show up as 'empty' holders in ST4 even if you don't want them!

If they would have waited until early next year with the Syntronik 2 MAX release, I wouldn't have felt as fooled as I'm feeling now. But c'mon, releasing an update to their products less than two weeks after releasing their new bundle. Shame on me for falling for this, twice.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I like a lot of IK's stuff. I own total studio 3.5, and my upgrade price to it after jampoints was reasonable for what I got for it at the time. and it's not like I was clamoring for more syntronik modules, but this sort of weaselly behavior is nearly constant with IK, even NI will wait a proper amount of time before throwing more products out there after a Komplete launch. Whatevs dudes. IK does crap like this, but they eventually offer it for nothing, so I'll wait, no problem... not like I need more stuff, but it's a rare company that can piss me off by releasing something I'm not really interested in, making it seem like I'm entitled to it and then not having it be available anyway. Great Job!

gondii wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:20 pm So no upgrade from Syntronik Deluxe aside from the standard upgrade path?
Syntronik 2 MAX would be $149.99 for you. That's not crossgrade that's upgrade from Syntronik including bundled versions in Total Studio etc and free choices from the Group Buy. If you don't see that pricing let me know, please, thank you.

ShawnG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm I like a lot of IK's stuff. I own total studio 3.5, and my upgrade price to it after jampoints was reasonable for what I got for it at the time. and it's not like I was clamoring for more syntronik modules, but this sort of weaselly behavior is nearly constant with IK, even NI will wait a proper amount of time before throwing more products out there after a Komplete launch. Whatevs dudes. IK does crap like this, but they eventually offer it for nothing, so I'll wait, no problem... not like I need more stuff, but it's a rare company that can piss me off by releasing something I'm not really interested in, making it seem like I'm entitled to it and then not having it be available anyway. Great Job!
You would get Syntronik 2 free. Per the news on our site. It should be available in your IK Product Manager.

Return to “Instruments”