What is Nektar's DAW Integration anyway?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Their keyboards come with an installer for the integratioin that I don't see doing any more than putting a DLL in place. Is there more to it than that? If not, why the installer?

It depends on which DAW you are using but on the Windows side, our integration for Cubase, Reaper, Cakewalk and Digital Perfomer is based on .dll files. These files allow our controllers to be detected as controller surfaces in those DAWs. Other DAWs have script based control surface APIs, so the installed files may be LUA, Python or Java script.

The installers ensure that the files are placed in the correct directories. With our Cakewalk support the installer also creates a registry key (otherwise Cakewalk/Sonar would not read the file). Depending on which DAW you are using, our plug-in map files may also be installed.

I have a Panorama P6, and it is quite deep. I use with Nuendo 11 and it works fantastically.

justin3am wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:07 am It depends on which DAW you are using but on the Windows side, our integration for Cubase, Reaper, Cakewalk and Digital Perfomer is based on .dll files. These files allow our controllers to be detected as controller surfaces in those DAWs. Other DAWs have script based control surface APIs, so the installed files may be LUA, Python or Java script.

The installers ensure that the files are placed in the correct directories. With our Cakewalk support the installer also creates a registry key (otherwise Cakewalk/Sonar would not read the file). Depending on which DAW you are using, our plug-in map files may also be installed.
Thanks. I bought an Impact GX Mini since I liked the LX25+ I've had for a while. I'm on Win10, Reaper 6.40. The GX Mini has a weird issue in that I have to keep adding it to Reaper Control surfaces every time I open Reaper. It's remembered OK in MIDI Devices. Integration functionality seems fine, but I really only use the Transport.

I checked with Support at Nektar beginning of October, and after some back and forth I was told the issue would go the Devs. That was the last I heard, and there have been no new dll updates or firmware. I was thinking there might be since it is so new. I'd like to know if there's anything else I could try on my end.

Funny you mention that. I'm in the process of posting new installers to our internal servers for customer release. The issue you mentioned is fixed in the new version of the files, which should be posted to the Nektar website in the coming days. If the new installer doesn't get posted today, it will be there next week (we'll be out of the office for the Thanksgiving holiday, here in the US).

Thanks for the info. Good to hear! FWIW, I think a lot of Reaper users do portable installs. Happy Thanksgiving!

justin3am wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:03 pm Funny you mention that. I'm in the process of posting new installers to our internal servers for customer release. The issue you mentioned is fixed in the new version of the files, which should be posted to the Nektar website in the coming days. If the new installer doesn't get posted today, it will be there next week (we'll be out of the office for the Thanksgiving holiday, here in the US).
Any news about firmware update for Panorama T6? There are some bugs that I reported almost a year ago. :pray:

Watching and waiting, let us know when you post.

Hopefully for P1 too?

I have had that issue with Reaper before, I did a factory reset and added my extras back. Never had the problem since.

Use mine with Reason 11, Cubase 11, Reaper, Studio One 4.5

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”