Identifying Latency and Compensating in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there is a way to identify the exact latency in samples and then compensate? I found a way to do this is another DAW, via a loopback test and then adjust automatically . . . using my Rode AI-1 interface, my latency (64 block size for recording audio) is 460 samples, which is about 9ms.

I'm hoping there's a way to identify and correct this in MuLab, especially when using an interface for both in/out.

right click on the module (that want to figure out) >info
Then you can make it by adding a "latency generator" module and of course turn off "report latency".

I don't know if i was clear enough

Regards.

FabBad wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm right click on the module (that want to figure out) >info
Then you can make it by adding a "latency generator" module and of course turn off "report latency".
Regards.
I think they're talking about IO latency (driver, interface, etc..) rather than plugin/module latency. Helps a lot when recording audio to have it compensated for latency (playing in time doesn't mean an in time recording due to latency).
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Hey Tommy, why don't you use the 'Audio Recording Latency Compensation' and just enter the number of samples?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:26 am Hey Tommy, why don't you use the 'Audio Recording Latency Compensation' and just enter the number of samples?
I'm not sure what the number of samples is with my setup + MuLab.

dakkra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:16 am I think they're talking about IO latency (driver, interface, etc..) ...
Ah ok thanks.
tommyzai wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:08 am I'm not sure what the number of samples is with my setup + MuLab.
There a litle free program called CE Latency Test Utility
It measures the total latency and reports in samples and ms
Sadlly isn't aviable anymore from the oficial web but, i have a copy... maybe... if is against the ToC the mods would delete it....
i don't know
Last edited by FabBad on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here's a more current one, and cross-platform.
https://oblique-audio.com/rtl-utility.php
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:42 am Here's a more current one, and cross-platform.
Yep, that's better in every way. So i remove my attachement now.
Thanks Michael :tu:

Michael L wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:42 am Here's a more current one, and cross-platform.
Thanks so much!!

I used RTL Utility from Oblique Audio. It warned me that the noise floor was low, but still, have me a reading. I'm hoping I can calculate correctly . . . 405 samples at 48k. I think that would be 405 X 0.0002 = 8.1ms. Can someone confirm? Thx.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hi
rtl utility will give you the input and output latency
but in mutools you need to have input + output latency.
so if RTL give you 405 samples you need to put 202.5 in and 202.5 out in mutools audio latency compensation.
after there's another latency
midi latency and i don't know what value putting in midi output time shift to be in perfect midi audio phase ?
if someone have a tools like RTL but for midi latency ?

Return to “MUTOOLS”