IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Octave_Jumper wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:16 am Peter, will the original Syntronik sample content that's already on my hard drive work in Syntronik 2, or will I need to download updated versions of those files to work with the new engine? I couldn't be sure from reading the thread. Thanks.
From what Peter said it should be working, minus the new features but you get M1 compatibility. So far nobody could get this to work though, everything shows up as unauthorized.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:15 pm Peter it seems very wrong (and kinda shady) to add the “basic” Syntronik 2 version to the newly released Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle so close to release of each other. Isn’t the point of owning the Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle to have ALL the current MAX versions of Software? Total Studio 3.5 MAX is not really a MAX bundle if it only includes “some” of the MAX software is it?

For example the Fame reverb is included in 3.5 MAX and is not yet released, why wouldn’t you guys announce Syntronik 2 MAX with Total Studio 3.5 MAX and include it?

I’ve used IK for years but this move seems really anti consumer….
Exactly this! @Peter, how do I get my money back after buying the crossgrade from AudioDeluxe? When I think of it, this really IS shady business wise.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:15 pm Peter it seems very wrong (and kinda shady) to add the “basic” Syntronik 2 version to the newly released Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle so close to release of each other. Isn’t the point of owning the Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle to have ALL the current MAX versions of Software? Total Studio 3.5 MAX is not really a MAX bundle if it only includes “some” of the MAX software is it?

For example the Fame reverb is included in 3.5 MAX and is not yet released, why wouldn’t you guys announce Syntronik 2 MAX with Total Studio 3.5 MAX and include it?

I’ve used IK for years but this move seems really anti consumer….
This was exactly my point, you get the MAX versions of everything else in Total Studio 'MAX', All I want is to buy 'MAX' and be 'up to date' at the time of purchase... I have no problem with a .5 update (I think its a good idea) but if it doesn't include what I want then I have to wait for version 4 which is frustrating for a someone who actually wants to stay updated, but as I know I will upgrade MAX at some point its pointless buying individual items/upgrades now that the MAX version will be included in the near future.

Perhaps this can be rectified by a 'very cheap' offer of S2 to S2 MAX for TS MAX users?
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Not trying to join the chorus here, but damn if IK's Product Manager isn't slow. Ten minutes for a gigabyte out of 83.7GB for Sample Tank. I've got a pretty dammed fast connection, for most servers I've downloaded from ten minutes or less for the entire 83.7GB file. Good thing they aren't spending all that money they make charging customers for "expired" downloads on hookers and blow instead of upgrading their servers... :hihi:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm I really just don't understand the appeal of this product. Why didn't they just sample the raw waveforms then let you run those through the various synth engines a la Omnisphere? And let you mix and match! Example: run some Moog waveforms through an Oberheim filter and some Roland envelopes...

This one is totally lost on me. Even as a freebie in the last group buy I passed right over it.
Because you would be running the raw waveforms through (pick your engine of choice) digital filters. That's why Omnisphere has this plastic sheen. Spectrasonics sampled all their synths with the filters wide open. And then filtered them through Omnisphere's built in digital filters. These are quite good as digital filters go. But they are not of the same quality and authenticity as the filters in the source analog synths.You need to sample (at multiple velocity levels) the analog synths using their own filter settings for a richer, beefier sound.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Crazy to me that so far UVI and IK have ported Falcon and SampleTank to M1 native apps, but NI and East West just twiddle their thumbs. Not too surprised about IK since they changed their GUIs around recently, and that seems to be a big hurdle.

Can't say I'm surprised this happened straight after the Group Buy... I haven't even used version 1, in hindsight I should just stuck to Amplitube stuff.

Sadly it's pretty hard to justify the upgrade cost of yet another sample player.

How does one completely uninstall this stuff?

Really liking the sound of this and the new features are great, particularly the LFO enhancements. Like everyone else my Syntronix Deluxe version 1 synths is not available. Some very nice sounds In the CS version. Looking forward to a bug fix and upgrading to v2 when everything is working well.

I have got to say I feel somewhat disappointed in IK this time. First there was the Group Buy, which encouraged the purchase of something to get free stuff, and I bought into this. Shortly afterwards, there was the Total Studio MAX 3.5 upgrade, which I took up. This purchase almost negated the need to participate in the Group Buy. If I knew this was going to happen, I would've skipped the Group Buy.

Now, there's the Syntronik MAX upgrade, for which I'd need to spend another $150 (max $45 in Jam Points as a discount on this). So in total, $199.99 spent on the Group Buy, and $99.99 for TS 3.5 MAX - $300. Then another ~$100 for Syntronik 2 MAX, which I won't buy because I cannot sustain this amount of expenditure on a hobby.

I know IK will disagree with my standpoint here, explaining that for the money spent, we are getting phenomenal value, but value from a customer's perspective is diminished when we think we've purchased a kind of "insurance" in the form of a MAX bundle, so we won't have to spend again for a while, then find we're not covered for the latest release of a MAX product weeks later, which will be in TS 4 MAX.

As customers, we have to take some amount of responsibility - if we want the latest stuff now, we end up paying for it, but I know at a future date, if I wait a while, Total Studio MAX 4 will be released, which will include this and other items for a relatively reasonable upgrade price.

It just feels a bit disappointing that a MAX product, released so shortly after TS MAX 3.5, isn't included.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that IK's bizarre discount system and confusing and not that great upgrade path hurts them more than it helps them.

That said, for me at least there are icing moments. The Sample Tank native M1 support is a better announcement than the extras in Syntronik I have a garbage $199 upgrade for. I bought everything they make in the last 25 for the price of one sale, so I didn't expect any great discount because their tier system is geared against discounted products, but the fact that I can run all of the SampleTank libraries in SampleTank making them M1 native is a huge plus. Didn't expect that so quickly after the sale, so kudos where it's due. :party:

On another note, updated Sampletank to the latest, now all of the libraries I obtained during the Group Buy are locked.

Restoring purchases in Custom Shop does nothing...

stringsofthesoul wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 am Now, there's the Syntronik MAX upgrade, for which I'd need to spend another $150 (max $45 in Jam Points as a discount on this). So in total, $199.99 spent on the Group Buy, and $99.99 for TS 3.5 MAX - $300. Then another ~$100 for Syntronik 2 MAX, which I won't buy because I cannot sustain this amount of expenditure on a hobby.
Be happy you don't have to pay in EUR, and that you don't have to pay 25% tax. A 100 EUR + 25% is 125 EUR, and in USD that would be around 145.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I think I understand what is going on, maybe I was just being think but a lot of people, seem top be saying things are 'unauthorised' so maybe this will help....(assuming I am correct!)

Using CS when you have Syntronik 1 (deluxe)

If you select Syntronik 1 in the Generation is shows the 'original' pre-sets in white (you can open these) and the new pre-sets in grey (you cant open these). The actual instruments show up as unauthored as they are not the Syntronik 2 'versions' but they open just the sounds for the original pre-sets (you cant edit in the new interface)

If you select Syntronik 2 generation you get some demo pre-sets where you can open the new UI (although for some reason most just use 1 of the 4 oscillators so they are not great for demoing the possibilities)

I hope this helps some demo!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Does Syntronik 2 sounds really better than the same Syntronik 1 patches?
(Asking for a friend having of GAS disease)

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:20 pm Does Syntronik 2 sounds really better than the same Syntronik 1 patches?
(Asking for a friend having of GAS disease)
Define 'better'?! :wink:

Syntronik 2 is undoubtedly more capable, more modulation options so you can probably program more interesting patches and they have added 'drift' (which looks like you can just turn it on or off)...but at the end of the day its a ROMPLER playing back samples through IK's filters and FX etc. As far as I can tell from the demo (CS) it sounds very similar (and the new demo 2 patch's didn't blow me away, but they sound good). I like the new options and the new UI, once the full version is part of Total Studio I will look forward to using it, but I will wait until then...there is nothing so revolutionary I need it now and I don't personally think its worth the cost of the upgrade from V1 on its own...but a good edition to MAX eventually when they include the MAX version.

PS- Maybe you need to own the full version to really hear the difference...I haven't seen anyone post yet that the original instrument sound far better than they did (although you may be able to make more interesting patches with them)- anyone got the full version to do an A/B?
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”