Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

plauto wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:16 pm Uninstall the previous version and also codemeter and install the recent version and run vman authorization
If you're talking to me I don't have CodeMeter installed which is the whole point of all this.

Also I didn't need to run VMan in this system. In case anyone missed it there is an offline authorization method but I didn't use it since all my systems are connected.
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:22 pm
and see what's new since version 1.4.
uhh, quite a lot :)
I imagine so which is why I'm so excited........ :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

saying also a thx to you, still im gonna watch closely ;). :P
hope you guys stay more customer friendly!

is the factory content clean to install?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

any guide how to update from V1.7 to 1.8 without reinstalling all expansions and factory? step by step?
can we just simply uninstall codemeter and then install V1.8 over?
just trying to find some simple way
thx

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:20 pm any guide how to update from V1.7 to 1.8 without reinstalling all expansions and factory? step by step?
thx
yes... simply download the new v-manager and avenger from the website and install Avenger.
then start the new V-Manager and activate your System.

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:20 pm any guide how to update from V1.7 to 1.8 without reinstalling all expansions and factory? step by step?
thx
In the continued absence of any official guidelines, my post 2 pages ago has steps that worked fine for me.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:27 pm
thx
In the continued absence of any official guidelines, my post 2 pages ago has steps that worked fine for me.
there is a short how to install in the FAQ in the Ticket System.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:59 pm Looking forward to using Avenger again and see what's new since version 1.4. :hyper:
Yeah, same here. Haven't looked at Avenger since 1.4 days so I guess we need a special "what's new" page for those left behind by the weird VPS Codemeter implementation... ;-)

My aging machine can hardly cope with Avenger 1.8 though, so I might still be unable to use it.
It's even worse since I had to switch to Windows 10 as my main system recently, Windows 8.1 x64 was much better in that regard...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

At the bottom of the site it still says

our installer contains:
- 64Bit versions only
- VST2 and VST3 versions
- AU version
- AAX version
- WIBU CodeMeter installer

so you may want to upddate that now.

Yeah so apparently there is a false detection by Bitdefender. But the easy solution was also to just install Avenger and activated via login directly through the vst. Very simple solution! Awesome!

Examigan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:15 pm At the bottom of the site it still says

our installer contains:
- 64Bit versions only
- VST2 and VST3 versions
- AU version
- AAX version
- WIBU CodeMeter installer

so you may want to upddate that now.
updated... thx

thx
its really very easy: Just download the 1.8 update and run it. (just be sure to really overwrite your old Avenger file, so you can be sure, that if you start your DAW, the new 1.8 is being loaded, and not a duplicated old Avenger... or you have an old version VST2 dll and a new VST3 etc...).

Then, before starting the DAW you may activate it, to do that just download V-MAN and run it, login with your account and then just click on the activate keyfile button in the upper right cordner.
Thats it
you dont need to reinstall any expansion etc...

I'll chime in and say that the upgrade to 1.8 went perfectly for me - installed directly over the previous version with no problems, all expansions were recognised straight away in VManager, and a single click of a button was all that authorisation needed. Worked 100% flawlessly for me, Windows 10 64bit.

Yes the 1.8 update went very smoothly on my studio computer as well. However I have been getting crashes in FL Studio:

FL Crash 112121-1.png

However I'm not blaming it on Avenger at least yet. I've been having crash issues in the last few versions of FL Studio with other plugins as well. FL was always rock solid here up until recently.

Has anyone else had issues with 1.8 in FL Studio ? I'm going to open a support ticket with Image-Line but their support people will see Avenger mentioned in the crash report and will automatically blame it in defense of FL Studio. I'm not the only one who has reported stability issue with FL in recent versions but IL doesn't want to take into consideration there may be something wrong with FL at this point. :?

I'm going to keep working with Avenger in FL and see if I can get some more information (yes I have tried Fixed Size Buffers on/off). So far Avenger has not crashed any of the others DAWs I have installed and that's the same pattern I had with other plugins that are or were crashing FL Studio. Work fine in four other DAWs but crash FL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

audington wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:51 pm I'll chime in and say that the upgrade to 1.8 went perfectly for me - installed directly over the previous version with no problems, all expansions were recognised straight away in VManager, and a single click of a button was all that authorisation needed. Worked 100% flawlessly for me, Windows 10 64bit.
Same here..
Really good job done with 1.8.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

EDIT: found my unpicked expansions.... just didn't look enough sorry.

I haven't had much success so far. Clicked download keyfile and got a "cannot create stream for keyfile" error but it still reduced my activations by one. I have emailed support.

Return to “Instruments”