Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:59 pm
kvmorgan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 pm Yeah. I didn’t ask for a BF deal. I asked if they were going to have one. Big difference, and not an unreasonable question.

Most companies plan ahead for these sorts of sales. I would have been ok with “no BF sale”, an answer I could have respected. However, the lack of responsiveness and clarity on the part of Synapse is concerning, and so I feel my money is better spent elsewhere.
Oh come on now....
kvmorgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pm A lot of interesting products competing for my wallet this year, especially with all the early sales. Wish we could get an answer from Synapse on Black Friday timing before my money runs out .... it would greatly help with the financial planning.
That's asking for a sale.
kvmorgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pmMost companies plan ahead for these sorts of sales.
Most companies didn't drop a major free update right before Black Friday either. A release that grants some of the most popular feature requests of the past and added some nice new features as well.

Look, Synapse has been working their asses off with this free update, updating the demo, fixing the inevitable small bugs that slip though in a major version release and all the office work that comes after a new release.

The fact that they didn't not respond to you exactly when you want should not be "concerning" at all. Synapse is just two guys, two really nice guys. This isn't some "evil corp" that's ignoring your every whim and wish.

It's not even Black Friday yet and you're throwing a tantrum. :dog:
You insist on misinterpreting my intent and putting words in my mouth. We are having two different discussions. I can respect your right to an opinion. Can you respect mine?

kvmorgan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm
kvmorgan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 pm Yeah. I didn’t ask for a BF deal. I asked if they were going to have one. Big difference, and not an unreasonable question.

Most companies plan ahead for these sorts of sales. I would have been ok with “no BF sale”, an answer I could have respected. However, the lack of responsiveness and clarity on the part of Synapse is concerning, and so I feel my money is better spent elsewhere.
Oh come on now....
kvmorgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pm A lot of interesting products competing for my wallet this year, especially with all the early sales. Wish we could get an answer from Synapse on Black Friday timing before my money runs out .... it would greatly help with the financial planning.
kvmorgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pmMost companies plan ahead for these sorts of sales.
Most companies didn't drop a major free update right before Black Friday either. A release that grants some of the most popular feature requests of the past and added some nice new features as well.

Look, Synapse has been working their asses off with this free update, updating the demo, fixing the inevitable small bugs that slip though in a major version release and all the office work that comes after a new release.

The fact that they didn't not respond to you exactly when you want should not be "concerning" at all. Synapse is just two guys, two really nice guys. This isn't some "evil corp" that's ignoring your every whim and wish.

You insist on misinterpreting my intent and putting words in my mouth. We are having two different discussions. I can respect your right to an opinion. Can you respect mine?
I'm not putting words in your mouth, anyone can clearly see what you have written and the intent is very clear.

I am more than happy to respect your opinion as long as it is based on reason and not just blind emotion.

Based on the facts at hand I think you are being unreasonable. Simple as that. :shrug:
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You can buy Dune 3 now for £99, which is a darn sight cheaper than the usual £179.

Through to 28.11.2021 : This is a temporary offer.
The prices shown include VAT.
Available immediately
We can send you a download license immediately once you have purchased this product.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/synapse_audio_dune_3.htm
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

LFO8 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:50 am

I think you are mis-quoting, because I never wrote that.
Apologies, fixed :wink:
Last edited by AnX on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:19 pm
kvmorgan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Oh come on now....

I'm not putting words in your mouth, anyone can clearly see what you have written and the intent is very clear.

I am more than happy to respect your opinion as long as it is based on reason and not just blind emotion.

Based on the facts at hand I think you are being unreasonable. Simple as that. :shrug:
So that's a no. Ok by me. Have a nice day!

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:19 pm You can buy Dune 3 now for £99, which is a darn sight cheaper than the usual £179.

Available immediately
We can send you a download license immediately once you have purchased this product.

not half? :roll:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:19 pm You can buy Dune 3 now for £99, which is a darn sight cheaper than the usual £179.

Available immediately

DUNE 3 shows as $179 dollars here in the Synapse Shop which would be about £135 give or take the conversion rate.

If I put D3 in the cart on the Synapse shop it shows $169.51

£99 at Thomann would be about $132 again adjusting for conversion.

Does it show as £179 in the Synapse Shop for people outside the US ?

Anyway I'd wait until Synapse gets the new Demo released then see if they decide to do a BF deal.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

£99 at Thomann
£139 at Synapse official

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:27 pm not half? :roll:
I don't remember Synapse doing sales through third party shops in the past. They might have I just don't remember it.

But again I'd recommend every just calm down for a minute and see what happens. It's only Wednesday here and Black Friday isn't until......Friday. :shrug:

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm £99 at Thomann
£139 at Synapse official
still a nice saving for those folks above :)

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm £99 at Thomann
£139 at Synapse official
Ok it shows as $161.51 in the cart here so that would be pretty close to the conversion.

Does it show lower than £139 there when you put it in the cart ?

At any rate if Synapse decides not to do a BF deal or if Thomann is their BF deal that makes a killer price on a killer synth in my book. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:33 pm
But again I'd recommend every just calm down for a minute and see what happens. It's only Wednesday here and Black Friday isn't until......Friday. :shrug:
im chill dont worry 8)

(i thought it was last week tbh)
but i was being sarcastic, id expect given the recent update, synapse would omit dune from the sale anyway. seems reasonable to me :)

i was rolling the "wot no sale?" posts ;)

I don't remember Synapse doing sales through third party shops in the past. They might have I just don't remember it.
they sell through thomann for a long time (never bought, but for some reason I follow the Obsession prices there)

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm im chill dont worry 8)
Yes I know you are I was aiming that at the guy who is losing his sh*t over the BF issue.
vurt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm id expect given the recent update, synapse would omit dune from the sale anyway. seems reasonable to me :)
Yes that's kind the point I've been dancing around. A great free update and then a lower sale price in the same week just seems unreasonable. A LOT of work when into this DUNE 3 update so..... :?

I can see them doing sales for The Legend and OBsession so we'll see what happens.

waltercruz wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:38 pm

they sell through thomann for a long time (never bought, but for some reason I follow the Obsession prices there)
Oh Ok I don't follow Thomann but I wonder if the sale is sanctioned by Synapse or....there is a separate deal coming?

Guess we'll know soon enough.

I want everyone to get DUNE 3 that wants it and of course I want them to get the best deal but again that big free update just released kind of makes things different.

Return to “Instruments”