Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:59 am
chili beans wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:33 am Demoing Tritons Extreme and m getting static when playing in “classic” and “Studio” mode. Digital mode sounds fine. Anyone else experience this?
Think it’s been discussed here before that those other modes have a huge cpu hit.
Oh ok sounds about right. Wow it must be a huge CPU hit cos I usually got a few instances of Diva and other plugins in my projects. That’s the first time I heard cracking and static in a long time.

Whether in stand alone mode or with Logic, I'll playing a sound on the triton extreme and randolmly the sound will cut off. Then I have to reload the sound to hear it again. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on macbook pro 2015 catalina btw and have the latest upates for all korg plugins.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 pm hey did you got the Legacy Collection as well? maybe you can let me know please if the vsts are fully compatible with old projects? thx
I don't have any projects with those used.
I mostly only do sounds, so can't check any project to see.
The Monopoly crashed on me when I loaded my own sounds into it, and I had just updated when I bought the bundle. I'm on a mbp M1 though.

dahwoud wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:02 am Korg should rethink their plugin to level up analog emulated sound generator quality to arturia, uhe one, don't you think ?
Ms 20 is still old code and is especially noticeable when routing signal out into total in ( using the audio output for modulation duties )even when reducing low end with esp
Feedback routing ( back into high pass ext.signal in ) is not up to todays standards , so yeah I agree but it still sounds good overall considering it's from 2004-2005
The oddisey otoh sounds fabulous !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'm demoing mainly because of the rompler stuff, as I have none. The Oddisey was indeed a very nice surprise. The problem is that there is no way I can program it with that tiny GUI.

I don't know if I should pull the trigger. Do you get serial numbers when you register or is it online activation?

rafa1981 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:39 pm I'm demoing mainly because of the rompler stuff, as I have none. The Oddisey was indeed a very nice surprise. The problem is that there is no way I can program it with that tiny GUI.

I don't know if I should pull the trigger. Do you get serial numbers when you register or is it online activation?
The GUI is resizable.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:07 pm
rafa1981 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:39 pm I'm demoing mainly because of the rompler stuff, as I have none. The Oddisey was indeed a very nice surprise. The problem is that there is no way I can program it with that tiny GUI.

The GUI is resizable.
Odyssey is not resizable.
It is Online Activation where the vst's get tied to your account.

Odyssey is resizable in Full, Normal, or Compact size. It is not re-scalable.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:04 pm Odyssey is resizable in Full, Normal, or Compact size. It is not re-scalable.
I think you missunderstand the Consept of Resizable.
What you describe is different views and they are not making the gui bigger it just focuses on the different parts of the gui and it is still the same size.

We could discuss semantics, but the point is that I can't see it myself programming it, every control is too tiny, which is a real shame because it sounds really good. I'll have to make my mind tomorrow.

is it only possible to install the vsts via the KORG Software Pass? No single installers? i want to demo maybe these and see if the upgrade of my legacy collection is no problem but i am not sure.
mcnoone wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:39 am
Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 pm hey did you got the Legacy Collection as well? maybe you can let me know please if the vsts are fully compatible with old projects? thx
The Monopoly crashed on me when I loaded my own sounds into it, and I had just updated when I bought the bundle. I'm on a mbp M1 though.
thx a lot, sadly no one else replied so far :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I don't own any Korg product, but for me it only downloaded installers.

Yep, each of the plugins has its own installer you'd have to download using Korg Software Pass.

Caine123 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:47 pm is it only possible to install the vsts via the KORG Software Pass? No single installers? i want to demo maybe these and see if the upgrade of my legacy collection is no problem but i am not sure.
mcnoone wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:39 am
thx a lot, sadly no one else replied so far :/
Thing is, is that they changed how sounds and banks are handled. It's possible that it might cause issues.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:41 am Romance Layers is there. Bank H first patch.

You know you can search patches by name in the browser, too?
Ahh. You're right!

Return to “Instruments”