All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok Donner sells the US version power supplies via Amazon, for $39...

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:50 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 pm Thanks! I'm not creative enough to need an idea recorder, anyway. ;)
ah, its probably great if youre not recording anything...

:lol:
LOL

Finally found the perfect use for it. ;)

Uncle E wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm
cptgone wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:43 pm Rats! Literally. My Rat quest seems never ending (I first got a Poco Rat; then a 2nd one from b-stock, for my synths pedalboard; then JHS modded ones became available in Europe so I got one; then it turned out many clones sound better than the original from Poco; then Wampler released the mighty yet tiny Ratbane; and then...)
Sorry, no, don't do it. Invest in one with an LM308 or LM301. It's a completely different pedal without it. The Zendrive and Tim pedals are literally just modded Rats, and they don't sound Rat-like at all. It's all in the opamp.
Good to know, thanks (I've been steering clear of the vintage rabbit hole though...)

As to the tc electronic Wiretap, despite my loving the concept I kicked it from my pedalboards.
I detailed the troubles it gave me here: viewtopic.php?p=8146355#p8146355

cptgone wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:51 pm Good to know, thanks (I've been steering clear of the vintage rabbit hole though...)
Vintage is worth it. Although you see a lot of people advertising crazy prices, you will eventually find one for just slightly more money than the boutique pedals if you are patient.

The thing to look for is the date codes on the pots, then you'll know if it's a good one or not. No LED and 70's or 80's date codes = good one.

Got the Beetronics Vezzpa, it's super tiny. :lol: They give some nice swag as compared to most. Leather key chain and guitar pick. :tu:

Uncle E wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm
cptgone wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:43 pm Rats! Literally. My Rat quest seems never ending (I first got a Poco Rat; then a 2nd one from b-stock, for my synths pedalboard; then JHS modded ones became available in Europe so I got one; then it turned out many clones sound better than the original from Poco; then Wampler released the mighty yet tiny Ratbane; and then...)
Sorry, no, don't do it. Invest in one with an LM308 or LM301. It's a completely different pedal without it. The Zendrive and Tim pedals are literally just modded Rats, and they don't sound Rat-like at all. It's all in the opamp.
Isn't Rat diodes to ground and Zendrive and Timmy diodes in feedback loop though?

I do agree about the opamp though :) It may be easier to find a BYOC or other clone than an early Rat not to mention the insane prices they go for lately. I was lucky enough to find a few TO-99 LM308s when I was building and they sounded ace.

EDIT:
BTW if you like distortion you've gotta try a Katzenkonig - the b!$t*rd son of a TB Mk2 and a Rat. I've got a zillion distortion/fuzz/drive pedals and this is the one I've been mucking around with for weeks.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:20 pm Would it work in reverse for re-amping?
Works. Radial recommends using active DI's since they don't change the sound as much. Behringer DI100 would probably be better. The DI100 is excellent.
Thanks, that's good to know.
I already have a ULTRA-DI DI20, the DI100 looks like a step up, and very similar to a DBX DI.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Well not surprisingly, I am pretty fond of the beetronics vezzpa, and the cat bit me in the leg not long after hearing it, so I gotta mark that as a positive response.

pekbro wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:45 am Well not surprisingly, I am pretty fond of the beetronics vezzpa, and the cat bit me in the leg not long after hearing it, so I gotta mark that as a positive response.
:lol:

yeah i don't own any but beetronics make some lovely sounding dirt pedals 8)
the fact they look nice too is a bonus :)

IMG_8467 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nicely done

multree wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 am IMG_8467 (1).jpg
dont know what it is, but i want one!

hey you!

Hey you yourself :hug:

it's a Fanta Studio - theShut Overdrive (custom made for me by a guy from bavaria)
He also made a point-to-point vibe pedal for me which I love:
Vibe.jpg
Vibe2.jpg
very cool dude and his pedals are pretty cool. I think he can also be found on Reverb.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

another one of mine I totally dig is my Push+Pull San B Overdrive Special II
SanB.jpg
super flexible dirt pedal that can go from slight hair to full blown distortion via a couple of pre-clipping bass-cut switches.

Return to “Guitars”