UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

If I was UVI, I would make a two tier layout for the effects section. Top section should be blocks you can drag and drop in any order, second bottom tier is a panel that shows you the full view of the effect you selected. It helps to get rid of scrolling up and down

Falcon UI and the code in general is great and very well optimized. Some synth and other plugins require 500 megs in RAM mostly for the UI. It adds up quickly. I personally would rather have a lean UI and leave RAM free for libraries and actual audio and audio processing.

Now in terms of the workflow, reducing mouse clicks, allowing drag and drop, etc those improvements are always welcome.

pierb wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 pm Also, it definitely doesn't run at 60fps on my Windows machine (Ryzen 3700X + GTX1070) when using it in a 4K monitor in hiDPI.
Yes try opengl option...

pierb wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 pm In any case, I hope my comments are taken as constructive criticism. My frustration with Falcon comes from the fact that UVI have this amazingly powerful DSP beast, but doesn't seem to have much interest in improving its usability. Even very simple minor improvements (eg: reordering FX in the tree) could make a major impact in the product.
Will check the FX reordering in the tree view
FWIW it's available in the main panel by reordering tab or in the FX view
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:01 pm Will check the FX reordering in the tree view
Thanks Tristan.

The problem is that you have to navigate to the FX, do the reordering, and then come back to where you were. This takes a lot of clicks and scrolling.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:27 pm
pierb wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 pm Also, it definitely doesn't run at 60fps on my Windows machine (Ryzen 3700X + GTX1070) when using it in a 4K monitor in hiDPI.
Yes try opengl option...
Thanks Hanz!

For some reason I missed that option.

Seem weird it's not the default option though, at least on Windows.

pierb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:39 am
Thanks Hanz!

For some reason I missed that option.

Seem weird it's not the default option though, at least on Windows.
Because a lot of PC users don't have OpenGL drivers up to date, and that usually means some quirks.
So default is to be safe :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Can anyone tell me: it is possible use OSC in falcon as a modulator? (except for the FM module)

pierb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:22 am
otristan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:01 pm Will check the FX reordering in the tree view
Thanks Tristan.

The problem is that you have to navigate to the FX, do the reordering, and then come back to where you were. This takes a lot of clicks and scrolling.
I just drag the FX around to reorder them on the edit page. I don't really ever go to the FX page.

Alexander137 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 am Can anyone tell me: it is possible use OSC in falcon as a modulator? (except for the FM module)
No, you can’t. However there is a multi envelope lfo (I forgot the name of it exactly) in which you can use wave files in. After you drop the wave file into the lfo you can use it to modulate the parameters that are allowed to modulated with it.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:02 pm
Alexander137 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 am Can anyone tell me: it is possible use OSC in falcon as a modulator? (except for the FM module)
No, you can’t. However there is a multi envelope lfo (I forgot the name of it exactly) in which you can use wave files in. After you drop the wave file into the lfo you can use it to modulate the parameters that are allowed to modulated with it.
Thanks, found it )

Cool tip!

Alexander137 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:03 am
Thanks, found it )
What is the name of that envelope lfo exactly? Would love to try that tip...

Very interesting. Wasn’t aware of this ´hidden’ feature. Thank you !

Return to “Instruments”