Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Coincedently this happened shortly after some pirates had their fun. If so, it's again the legit users that literally pay for that...

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:55 pm Coincedently this happened shortly after some pirates had their fun. If so, it's again the legit users that literally pay for that...
Sadly I don't think that kind of thing is ever going to stop. It's just not a preventable thing... I wish these companies would stop punishing their actual paying customers in order to lash out at others doing something they have no hope of ever stopping.

4 pages deep and ReFX nowhere to be found

X86 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:03 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:55 pm Coincedently this happened shortly after some pirates had their fun. If so, it's again the legit users that literally pay for that...
Sadly I don't think that kind of thing is ever going to stop. It's just not a preventable thing... I wish these companies would stop punishing their actual paying customers in order to lash out at others doing something they have no hope of ever stopping.
I think this has nothing to do with piracy. Their CP hasn't changed, so presumably N4 could be cracked the same way in no time. (I've no idea if N3 really is cracked btw - I'm just assuming it based on the posts of others).

Even if they thought N4 might buy them a few months of piracy-free time, they should have foreseen how unpopular this would be and price it to make the upgrade attractive. They did the oppsoite. It seems FAR more likely to me that this is just trying to change their business model to require an annual upgrade for those who like their ecosystem, offering as little as possible in return.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

It seems I am the exception to the rule ?
I paid 349 euro for the Nexus 4 10 bundle upgrade.
Very happy camper here.
It sounds fenomenal and I mean EVERY preset, even before fiddling with the presets or FX.

PatrickW wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 pm It seems I am the exception to the rule ?
Very happy camper here.
It sounds fenomenal and I mean EVERY preset, even before fiddling with the presets or FX.
any option to make this value10 bundle upgrade in few smaller payments?
cant fork big amount...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:03 am Stan Navi: Agree. Now it feels more of a shock than surprise. Not sure if people were even looking forward to or are bothered about the changes.

I want to buy Nexus but not sure if I should buy Nexus3 (used) or buy Nexus3 used and Upgrade to Nexus4, or just buy Nexus4 directly from reFX. There's no sale on the Starter unfortunately. Perhaps buying Starter + some discounted Expansions together might be better deal if I could keep it under $399. Still a bit too steep.
hey on the flipside you can get the 99$ upgrade to nexus5 by summer '22. :party:

deejay2 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 pm
PatrickW wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 pm It seems I am the exception to the rule ?
Very happy camper here.
any option to make this value10 bundle upgrade in few smaller payments?
cant fork big amount...
That would be good of them to do that. Arturia already does that, they let customers piece their purchase out into 4 monthly instalments.

What’s the latest version, does nexus run natively on M1 macs?

Nexus has turned into an instrument full of similar sounding expansions that do not offer anywhere near the flexibility of instruments such as Avenger. I'm struggling to see the need for me to own both anymore, as most sounds I bought for Nexus could be achievable with Avenger, in my experience. However, there is a very attractive feature Nexus offers... the Artist Series.

I was looking forward to more of those. Maybe Manuel can drop a hint hint of upcoming Artist Series expansions? ;)

I doubt this has anything to do with piracy. Almost all software, music movies TV and literally any kind of digital media at this point is available online. FabFilter and Waves have been cracked completely for years and they rarely do anything to circumvent piracy. Because it’s a wasted effort.

If ReFX is releasing Nexus 4 only because of piracy (which I doubt) then they are just a greedy company in general that I’d stay away from.

no, development of N4 already began directly after release of N3 2 years ago. That had nothing to do with piracy

chili beans wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 pm 4 pages deep and ReFX nowhere to be found
They're in Barbados at a laughing convention.

chili beans wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 pm 4 pages deep and ReFX nowhere to be found
Mike quit all forums (and now Twitter I believe) many years ago because he blew up at everyone and was essentially a liability. I think a return at this point would be... surprising.

(should repeat though that others who work there have been terrific and helpful).
msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:27 am no, development of N4 already began directly after release of N3 2 years ago. That had nothing to do with piracy
The piracy explanation never rang even remotely true, so not surprised to hear. But so little to show for two years' development is a bit sobering.

The usual trick in these cases is to bundle other stuff. I guess that's what the 260 patches is the attempt to do that, but it's nowhere near enough to justify the price.

I do think Mike could turn it round though, finding a way of acknowledging the reality of this while still saving face. This post on December 24th would probably do the trick:
Merry Christmas everyone! All Nexus 3 and 4 owners receive our free Advent Special - a selection of some of the patches from our expansions in the last two years. And as a special thank you to Nexus 4 new users and upgraders, you may choose ANY expansion of your choice for free! This gift also is applicable to new Nexus 4 owners and upgraders until the end of the sale on January 6th. And don't forget - 20% discounts apply til blah blah.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:23 am I do think Mike could turn it round though, finding a way of acknowledging the reality of this while still saving face. This post on December 24th would probably do the trick:
Merry Christmas everyone! All Nexus 3 and 4 owners receive our free Advent Special - a selection of some of the patches from our expansions in the last two years. And as a special thank you to Nexus 4 new users and upgraders, you may choose ANY expansion of your choice for free! This gift also is applicable to new Nexus 4 owners and upgraders until the end of the sale on January 6th. And don't forget - 20% discounts apply til blah blah.
I wish...

Return to “Instruments”