Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

Incredible synth, I was sold once I’ve started to twist the notes in mpe mode, although it sounds great in any mode. There is no other synth that goes into the same territory as Generate, at least that I know. Thanks for the update.

Just picked up Generate in the BF Sale (A bargain at £44). I had looked at it when it forst came out and thought I probably didn't need it for $150 but the numerous and very useful updates and BF price reminded me I did :-)

Truly amazing and actually 'original' synth with a clever and inspiring GUI and Workflow, glad to own it at last- west coast and MPE...not so many of them around!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:12 am Just picked up Generate in the BF Sale (A bargain at £44). I had looked at it when it forst came out and thought I probably didn't need it for $150 but the numerous and very useful updates and BF price reminded me I did :-)

Truly amazing and actually 'original' synth with a clever and inspiring GUI and Workflow, glad to own it at last- west coast and MPE...not so many of them around!
it is indeed one of the 'special' or niche synths... a great synth, and with MPE, well, an astonishing bandwidth you can achieve with only one preset....

great to program, indeed fast workflow for detailed preset making.

Any change in the cpu load with the new update? Generate is def a secret weapon synth, that and something like Plasmonic are 2 of the best slept on softsynths that have come out recently.

nusound mind wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 pm Any change in the cpu load with the new update? Generate is def a secret weapon synth, that and something like Plasmonic are 2 of the best slept on softsynths that have come out recently.
Thinking the same thing!

nusound mind wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 pm Any change in the cpu load with the new update?
Not sure about before since I just got it, but it really chews up my Ryzen 3700X.

How many iLok activations do you get with Generate? i.e. can you have it simultaneously activated on two computers or dongles?

zachy9 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm How many iLok activations do you get with Generate? i.e. can you have it simultaneously activated on two computers or dongles?
2 iLok activations.

a quick read through the furnished materials * did not reveal
an answer to this : can one set the midi channel on which to receive ?..

* i may have been asleep at the wheel ...

Usually you do that in the DAW. MPE receives on all of course with some special meaning for ch 1…

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:03 pm Usually you do that in the DAW. MPE receives on all of course with some special meaning for ch 1…
thanks for the reply ...
in the DAW , well , yes , there's that ...
i'm just a tad partial to plugs that allow it ...

just bought generate trought crossgrade, ...absolutely unique kind of synthesis as far as i can judge ???

Krakatau wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:33 am just bought generate trought crossgrade, ...absolutely unique kind of synthesis as far as i can judge ???
yes, indeed, based as always on other, not syntesis, but 'papers', etc.
and implemented in a unique way, so unique synthesis.

a pendulum works in a circle, if you have circle, and a line, from the centre to -of course- boundary, that line can represent the phase of a sine wave, for example. or is it always a sine wave.

o well, me no expert.

the developer has explained how it works, because of the special properties, he invested a lot of time, to make workable oscillator.

I had a lot of fun with this synth. Dark, organic and aggressive. Here are some sounds that I've made with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngaCas_aG0
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

spektralisk wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:08 am I had a lot of fun with this synth. Dark, organic and aggressive. Here are some sounds that I've made with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngaCas_aG0
Cool - are the 150 MPE patches otherwise identical to the non MPE patches? (well 150 of them)

Return to “Instruments”