Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
kejkz
KVRist
455 posts since 8 Dec, 2004 from Belgrade

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:56 am

Incredible synth, I was sold once I’ve started to twist the notes in mpe mode, although it sounds great in any mode. There is no other synth that goes into the same territory as Generate, at least that I know. Thanks for the update.

SLiC
KVRAF
8390 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 am

Just picked up Generate in the BF Sale (A bargain at £44). I had looked at it when it forst came out and thought I probably didn't need it for $150 but the numerous and very useful updates and BF price reminded me I did :-)

Truly amazing and actually 'original' synth with a clever and inspiring GUI and Workflow, glad to own it at last- west coast and MPE...not so many of them around!
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

WasteLand
KVRAF
2228 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:49 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 am
Just picked up Generate in the BF Sale (A bargain at £44). I had looked at it when it forst came out and thought I probably didn't need it for $150 but the numerous and very useful updates and BF price reminded me I did :-)

Truly amazing and actually 'original' synth with a clever and inspiring GUI and Workflow, glad to own it at last- west coast and MPE...not so many of them around!
it is indeed one of the 'special' or niche synths... a great synth, and with MPE, well, an astonishing bandwidth you can achieve with only one preset....

great to program, indeed fast workflow for detailed preset making.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

nusound mind
KVRist
327 posts since 21 Jan, 2017

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Any change in the cpu load with the new update? Generate is def a secret weapon synth, that and something like Plasmonic are 2 of the best slept on softsynths that have come out recently.

killmaster
KVRAF
1977 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:28 pm

nusound mind wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 pm
Any change in the cpu load with the new update? Generate is def a secret weapon synth, that and something like Plasmonic are 2 of the best slept on softsynths that have come out recently.
Thinking the same thing!

pierb
KVRist
265 posts since 28 Oct, 2010 from Mexico

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:50 pm

nusound mind wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 pm
Any change in the cpu load with the new update?
Not sure about before since I just got it, but it really chews up my Ryzen 3700X.

zachy9
KVRist
40 posts since 18 Jan, 2016

Post Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:32 pm

How many iLok activations do you get with Generate? i.e. can you have it simultaneously activated on two computers or dongles?

WasteLand
KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:33 pm

zachy9 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:32 pm
How many iLok activations do you get with Generate? i.e. can you have it simultaneously activated on two computers or dongles?
2 iLok activations.

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6698 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:31 pm

a quick read through the furnished materials * did not reveal
an answer to this : can one set the midi channel on which to receive ?..

* i may have been asleep at the wheel ...

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
6575 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 am

Usually you do that in the DAW. MPE receives on all of course with some special meaning for ch 1…

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6698 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 am
Usually you do that in the DAW. MPE receives on all of course with some special meaning for ch 1…
thanks for the reply ...
in the DAW , well , yes , there's that ...
i'm just a tad partial to plugs that allow it ...

Krakatau
KVRAF
5861 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:33 am

just bought generate trought crossgrade, ...absolutely unique kind of synthesis as far as i can judge ???

WasteLand
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:42 am

Krakatau wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:33 am
just bought generate trought crossgrade, ...absolutely unique kind of synthesis as far as i can judge ???
yes, indeed, based as always on other, not syntesis, but 'papers', etc.
and implemented in a unique way, so unique synthesis.

a pendulum works in a circle, if you have circle, and a line, from the centre to -of course- boundary, that line can represent the phase of a sine wave, for example. or is it always a sine wave.

o well, me no expert.

the developer has explained how it works, because of the special properties, he invested a lot of time, to make workable oscillator.

Return to “Instruments”