PluginGuru Unify - Demo Version - ADSR ignored? how stable?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys i demo UNIFY atm and i kinda like the LAYERING idea but i dunno how crashy or non crashy this plugin is? i somehow dunno if this plugin is really stable when you e.g. 5 different VST instruments for a layer?

i created 3 layers each with Serum, loaded 3 different presets but ALWAYS when i play one instrument it just ignores my Release setting. i didnt find any option why it does it? even long ppads with long release it just stops when i hold off the midi key. any idea?

and how stable is unify? how are your experiences when layering different synths/vsts?
thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:55 pm hey guys i demo UNIFY atm and i kinda like the LAYERING idea but i dunno how crashy or non crashy this plugin is? i somehow dunno if this plugin is really stable when you e.g. 5 different VST instruments for a layer?

i created 3 layers each with Serum, loaded 3 different presets but ALWAYS when i play one instrument it just ignores my Release setting. i didnt find any option why it does it? even long ppads with long release it just stops when i hold off the midi key. any idea?

and how stable is unify? how are your experiences when layering different synths/vsts?
thx
I don't think it's ever crashed on me, rock steady stable.

As to the release thing, it's because 1.6 defaults to Midi start/quick stop for the transport - Unify has it's own bar/beat counter internally, which is useful for a lot of things, and by default, with 1.6, it starts playback on any key down, and stops on any key up, where stop flushes the output.

To fix this, you can switch the transport mode to manual, open the transport controls (the >| icon next to the CPU meter) and click where it says 'Trigger: MIDI/Quick Stop' and select 'Manual'. I think manual is supposed to be the new default in 1.7 according to something I think I read on the forums.

NikkiA wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:55 pm hey guys i demo UNIFY atm and i kinda like the LAYERING idea but i dunno how crashy or non crashy this plugin is? i somehow dunno if this plugin is really stable when you e.g. 5 different VST instruments for a layer?

thx

As to the release thing, it's because 1.6 defaults to Midi start/quick stop for the transport - Unify has it's own bar/beat counter internally, which is useful for a lot of things, and by default, with 1.6, it starts playback on any key down, and stops on any key up, where stop flushes the output.

To fix this, you can switch the transport mode to manual, open the transport controls (the >| icon next to the CPU meter) and click where it says 'Trigger: MIDI/Quick Stop' and select 'Manual'. I think manual is supposed to be the new default in 1.7 according to something I think I read on the forums.
that is it!!!! thx so much i just played only some minutes with it, im still thinking about it but i really like the layering option and could be handy if you work with different DAWs some times normally Patcher is enough for this in FL Studio already.

i wonder if you could theoretically load in Alchemy 2 if it would be a AU for Windows haha
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

NikkiA wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 am

thx

thank you so much!

Or, for the release ignored case, you can disable ‘Silence note+effect tails when host transport stops’ in global setting of Serum.

Here's a track I did using 7 instances of Unify, each with many layers, and Microtonic. Unify is pretty amazing. On the surface it just seems like a plugin layering solution. It's much more with the ways in which the layers can be controlled and played.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/fairy-flight

Return to “Instruments”