MuLab 9 pre-beta (+clip launcher video)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dakkra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:05 am First look for anyone interested in seeing the clip launcher
- viewtopic.php?f=79&t=573827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN9wYEgB5GI

... and the Jo's initial post from the mentioned topic above fyi
Hey,

Ready to share a first MuLab 9 preview / beta.
It's still a bit rough and unfinished, but at this point i need user feedback on it.
So if you are a registered and experienced MuLab 8 user and if you're interested in testing and commenting this preliminary MuLab 9 beta then send an email to Image and i'll send you the download link together with an initial MuLab 9 user key and the necessary initial info on MuLab 9.
Note that at this point there only is the Windows app version, the Mac version and plugin versions will follow later.
Feel free to share your feedback on M9 via email or here in this topic, just like you prefer.

Thanks,

Jo
- viewtopic.php?p=8276678#p8276678 (email addr. cn be seen here)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I love the fact that Jo has done all that on his own.

jonljacobi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:07 pm I love the fact that Jo has done all that on his own.
and because of that, MuLab has a wonderful consistency & integration that makes it a pleasure to use!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

jonljacobi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:07 pm I love the fact that Jo has done all that on his own.
Orion Pro was competitive with Ableton and it was also a DAW with a single developer.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 pm
Orion Pro was competitive with Ableton and it was also a DAW with a single developer.
But didn´t have the complexity of Mulab/Mux at all!! ...To be honest Orion had perhaps 10-20% of Mulabs featureset

Jo is a genius developer and making such a complex DAW
- with self made extreme versatile timestretch algos and integrated audio editor,
- complete modular with APDC,
- such a versatile and great sounding audio engine inside MUX,
- audio sequences and what not
- now with a clip launcher
- and again now with the new Mulab 9 plugin version (the complete DAW as plugin not only the modular part as before)
as a one man show is really a great performance!

One top of that being one of the most kind and responsive Developers in the audio world on it´s own is worth an award...
Report a bug and receive the fix sometimes just hours later... :tu:

I have been demoing Bitwig heavily in the last few days because of the BF sale, and now this has turned up to confuse matters. I demoed Mulab 8 for a while and it seems very cool, and its cheaper with a simple licence. Hmmmm

dellboy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:34 am I have been demoing Bitwig heavily in the last few days because of the BF sale, and now this has turned up to confuse matters. I demoed Mulab 8 for a while and it seems very cool, and its cheaper with a simple licence. Hmmmm
But it's so much jankier and the UI/UX experience is very poor. Maybe it doesn't matter for you, but for me it's a no-go.

Try fully featured demo (only saving is disabled).

And about Bitwig - $254 as long as you have JRR Shop account:
https://blowout.jrrshop.com/bitwig-studio
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

dellboy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:34 am I have been demoing Bitwig heavily in the last few days because of the BF sale, and now this has turned up to confuse matters. I demoed Mulab 8 for a while and it seems very cool, and its cheaper with a simple licence. Hmmmm
Yes, it does have a very nice modular workflow. I have used MuLab since 2014 on Mac.

MuLab 9 is in pre-beta open only to current MuLab for Windows users at first (sadly for me).

But you can learn more at the MuTools forum:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=573827

The developer is very friendly, and welcomes you, me and antic604 to demo it in the public beta:
antic604 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:47 am
mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:48 pm
antic604 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:53 pm Also, can I participate in beta even if I don't have MuLab license (I'm Bitwig user)?
Yes, when the public beta is ready, i expect in a week or 2. Thanks.
Awesome, looking forward to it then! :clap: :hug:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

antic604 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:05 am
But it's so much jankier and the UI/UX experience is very poor. Maybe it doesn't matter for you, but for me it's a no-go.

Try fully featured demo (only saving is disabled).

And about Bitwig - $254 as long as you have JRR Shop account:
https://blowout.jrrshop.com/bitwig-studio
I have been using the full demo. Now that they have a lot of presets for the grid it made it a much better experience. Last time I tried it a few years ago there were no presets. I think that Bitwig and Mulab are similar in concept, as they are structured mainly for synth type music. A big surprise in Mulab for me was that it does not draw wave-forms or midi in real-time, you have to stop for them to be drawn. Truth is I would like both Daws, they both have good stuff. :)

Michael L wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:51 am

Yes, it does have a very nice modular workflow. I have used MuLab since 2014 on Mac.

MuLab 9 is in pre-beta open only to current MuLab for Windows users at first (sadly for me).

But you can learn more at the MuTools forum:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=573827

The developer is very friendly, and welcomes you, me and antic604 to demo it in the public beta:
Surely you must have bought it to allowed to beta it?

You can beta MuLab 9 without having bought it when the public phase starts.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, this really does look a lot like Bitwig now!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Michael L wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:48 pm You can beta MuLab 9 without having bought it when the public phase starts.
Ah, right, so the current beta is just for registered users and it could be quite a wait until the public beta starts.

Actually Mulab is older than Bitwig, so I'd say Bitwig looks like Mulab disguised as Ableton :p

Dellboy, if you want both daws, Mulab 9 vst will be 100% the same as standalone, so you are free to do it (I am doing it with Reaper :D)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”