MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does MuLab have alias/linked clips, i.e. a way of linking clips so that if I change one all the others in the group will change as well? If I could keep a pool of clips in Clip Launcher and alias-copy them to Arranger to sequnce them in a full song, but still be able to change them in one place and have adjusted everywhere - that would be awesome!
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 pm
syntonica wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:38 pm Sadly, I'm on Mac, so I'll have to wait at the back... :(
Michael L wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:08 am Mac users thank you, Dakkra!
I apologize for the Mac version coming a bit later, for practical reasons.
Will do my best to to make it available as soon as practically appropriate.
No worries! I can wait for the Windows users to find all the big ugly bugs. They're used to that kind of pain anyway. Bring Windows users and all... :D
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Will there be ClipLauncher in mux ?

antic604 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:53 pm But in terms of design, do you plan for it to have some fundamental differences?
One important difference is that in MuLab 9, the Live Matrix and Timeline can play independently. They do play in sync of course, but you can play the Live Matrix without starting the Timeline.
One thing that annoys all Bitwig & Live users is when you're recording in Arranger then everything you play in Clip Launcher gets recorded too.
In MuLab 9 that's avoided because recording the Live Matrix is a separate record state.
In a normal recording, live matrix actions are not recorded.
The other thing would be to make automation separate between the 2 areas. Several times I've deleted automation in one, thinking I'm only deleting it in the other.
Automations are separate.
Also, can I participate in beta even if I don't have MuLab license (I'm Bitwig user)?
Yes, when the public beta is ready, i expect in a week or 2. Thanks.

antic604 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:04 pm Does MuLab have alias/linked clips, i.e. a way of linking clips so that if I change one all the others in the group will change as well?
Yes.
If I could keep a pool of clips in Clip Launcher and alias-copy them to Arranger to sequnce them in a full song, but still be able to change them in one place and have adjusted everywhere - that would be awesome!
That's the case.

syntonica wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm No worries! I can wait for the Windows users to find all the big ugly bugs. They're used to that kind of pain anyway. Bring Windows users and all... :D
Sounds a bit disrespectful to me.
Maybe i misinterpreted it?

Btw, based on the feedback i've received, i think M9 pre-beta is relatively stable already.
And i'm especially curious for conceptual / workflow evaluations. (any bug reports are welcome too of course)
I'm grateful for all user feedback so far :hail: :hug: :tu: .

Bako wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 pm Will there be ClipLauncher in mux ?
Yes.

Because "MUX Plugin" won't exist anymore. It will be "MuLab 9 Plugin"'.
You can create projects using MuLab 9 App (the standalone version) and open them in MuLab 9 Plugin, and also the other way around.
A MuLab 9 project does not have to be a DAW / composer project, it can also be a synth or effect project, or any hybrid combi of synth / effect / composer, all in the App and Plugin versions.

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm
Bako wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 pm Will there be ClipLauncher in mux ?
You can create projects using MuLab 9 App (the standalone version) and open them in MuLab 9 Plugin, and also the other way around.
A MuLab 9 project does not have to be a DAW / composer project, it can also be a synth or effect project, or any hybrid combi of synth / effect / composer, all in the App and Plugin versions.
Wow, that sounds great and revolutionary. Thanks for your hard work and this great new approach for the computer music making. It opens a whole new world of possibilities.

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:12 pm
skarabee wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 am Notes in the cells are looping fine, but controller values only play once. Once played, controller cell cannot be relaunched, if set to "scene" sync mode.
What type of controller clip is it: an event sequence or an envelope curve?
same with audiofiles, and sometime audio not playing in the cell, but still working in the timeline
Similar question: What type of audio clip?
First impressions: Very smart implementation, the Matrix launcher is a game changer. I appreciate the decision to have both timeline and matrix working together. This way you get rid of making a drastic choice between 2 workflows. I see the potential use in live situation: having a structured song, and keeping the choice of looping some parts just by playing a "special" note, or adding a long evolving bridge inside a loop-based song, keeping some space in a song for improvisation, adding loops on the fly in a linear song...
A little suggestion ( I think Jo is already aware of this): I noticed the "mute" button in regard of timeline tracks, but when a matrix cell is launched, the relevant timeline track should be automatically muted, in order to avoid replicate or overlapping parts.
I'm not sure if this should be an automatic action as one might play live clips on top of a timeline track. At the same time i understand your request. Will have to think about it.
1) it was an env. curve . I tried with an event sequence, all is fine, I recorded control changes in a cell, and playback is looping.
2) audio stream (2 bars wav file). Once converted as Audiosequence, all is good, playing and looping.
3) I could say: make it optionnal, but I know this is more easy to say than to do. :wink:
I see it as a toggle switch: Timeline and clip, timeline or clip.

skarabee wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:21 pm 1) it was an env. curve . I tried with an event sequence, all is fine, I recorded control changes in a cell, and playback is looping.
To loop an envelope clip, see https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/co ... ditor.html
In short: Define loop points in the envelope.

Hi !
Could the clip launcher act as a lot of hardware looper do?
What I mean is that the length of the first recorded clip is set exactly by the user hitting the record button, but then the other clips can sync with it ?

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 pm
syntonica wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm No worries! I can wait for the Windows users to find all the big ugly bugs. They're used to that kind of pain anyway. Bring Windows users and all... :D
Sounds a bit disrespectful to me.
Maybe i misinterpreted it?

Btw, based on the feedback i've received, i think M9 pre-beta is relatively stable already.
And i'm especially curious for conceptual / workflow evaluations. (any bug reports are welcome too of course)
I'm grateful for all user feedback so far :hail: :hug: :tu: .
I'm just teasing them a bit because I'm jealous they get the first shot at trying the new version. Not trying too start a war. :hug:

That's excellent to hear though! Congrats on a solid alpha. :party:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 pm
skarabee wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:21 pm 1) it was an env. curve . I tried with an event sequence, all is fine, I recorded control changes in a cell, and playback is looping.
To loop an envelope clip, see https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/co ... ditor.html
In short: Define loop points in the envelope.
My bad, I forgot to do this. Now looping as expected. :)

Red screen of death :D
I'm attaching a log file just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:48 pm
antic604 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:53 pm But in terms of design, do you plan for it to have some fundamental differences?
One important difference is that in MuLab 9, the Live Matrix and Timeline can play independently. They do play in sync of course, but you can play the Live Matrix without starting the Timeline.
One thing that annoys all Bitwig & Live users is when you're recording in Arranger then everything you play in Clip Launcher gets recorded too.
In MuLab 9 that's avoided because recording the Live Matrix is a separate record state.
In a normal recording, live matrix actions are not recorded.
The other thing would be to make automation separate between the 2 areas. Several times I've deleted automation in one, thinking I'm only deleting it in the other.
Automations are separate.
Also, can I participate in beta even if I don't have MuLab license (I'm Bitwig user)?
Yes, when the public beta is ready, i expect in a week or 2. Thanks.
Awesome, looking forward to it then! :clap: :hug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “MUTOOLS”