Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:27 am no, development of N4 already began directly after release of N3 2 years ago. That had nothing to do with piracy
so it looks like development of Nexus 5 just started,,,,think 99e upgrade expected next year,,,sounds like subscription model now...

nexus 2 release 2008
nexus 3 release 2019
nexus 4 release 2021
nexus 5 release ?

The only thing we can now hope for is that they add more features and improvements in Nexus4 to make their customers happy. What's done is done and cannot be changed now. Even the upgrade price is fixed at $99 and will be the same even after the current sale is over on December 31.

deejay2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:09 am
msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:27 am no, development of N4 already began directly after release of N3 2 years ago. That had nothing to do with piracy
so it looks like development of Nexus 5 just started,,,,think 99e upgrade expected next year,,,sounds like subscription model now...

nexus 2 release 2008
nexus 3 release 2019
nexus 4 release 2021
nexus 5 release ?
Looks like everyone is kinda doing the same. Releasing new versions yearly or once in two years. I think that's how it is going to be if/when not subscription.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:46 am
deejay2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:09 am nexus 2 release 2008
nexus 3 release 2019
nexus 4 release 2021
nexus 5 release ?
Looks like everyone is kinda doing the same. Releasing new versions yearly or once in two years. I think that's how it is going to be if/when not subscription.
Well, ahem, not everyone (by a long shot).
GMusic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am I saw a video of the new 'free' Rom 3 expansion. The presets aren't tagged. It's a poor way to advertise a new and improved librarian by including presets that don't even utilize the librarian's key feature.
Really?! None of them? That's staggeringly shoddy if so. Link?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:59 am
GMusic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am I saw a video of the new 'free' Rom 3 expansion. The presets aren't tagged. It's a poor way to advertise a new and improved librarian by including presets that don't even utilize the librarian's key feature.
I think that's correct, following videos shows no tags assigned to any of the ROM Extension 3 presets:

[YT]Walkthrough: REFX NEXUS 4 ROM Extension 3 presets
[YT]ReFX Nexus 4 | ROM 3 | Presets Preview (No Talking)

In opposite, the new EDM 7 expansion contains tags for its presets:
[YT]Walkthrough: REFX NEXUS 4 EDM 7 expansion

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:59 am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp5d-iLRSPo

Indeed. Not only that, but the presets aren't overly impressive, same old same old. They're nice, but I agree with the reviewer, most sounds are already very similar to what Nexus already has. So, these bonus 'free' presets with the $99 update are definitely not a selling point for me.

I may have bit the bullet if the offer was $99 plus 2 expansions (or even just one!) of your choice instead of the expansion they included.

I have never skipped an update for any plugin or DAW I've owned. This is looking to be my first. I simply do not see much value in this $99 update. I'm pretty content with Nexus 3 as is. Of course, opinions will vary ;)

Wow. Thanks you two. And agreed GMusic - on the little sample I listened to, a strong feeling of "I have a couple of thousand like this already".

Well it'll be interesting to see what happens from here for reFX...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

jacqueslacouth wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:22 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:32 am There’s no upgrade price from version 2 to 4 on the website? Looks like I have to begin with the starter pack as a minimum?? Anyone confirm?

Today it showed me no special price, $249 buy now,

rsp
Yep, this was my "deal"...yet another one for the scrap heap....since deciding to update my software after a few years working primarily in the hardware domain, I'm really starting to appreciate the reality that I am not constantly shelling out to keep my HW synths working as they are supposed to (quite a number over 30 years old). The cost of bringing all my VSTi and DAWs up to date is absolutely insane, so I am just ditching them. I am much happier with a simple workflow of using Logic with my hardware synths and a handful of selected quality plugins that don't seem to need a financial contribution each year to keep them working...I have noticed, though, that the worst offenders for wanting more cash are the producers of sampler/rompler instruments, so at least I am regaining a lot of HD space.
Seems to have been a bug. Upgrade price of £134 from 2 to 4 now. Tempted but not sure.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:59 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:46 am
deejay2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:09 am nexus 2 release 2008
nexus 3 release 2019
nexus 4 release 2021
nexus 5 release ?
Well, ahem, not everyone (by a long shot).
Well, took the word literally. I meant to say a lot of the companies seem to be doing that of late one way or the other. Ultimately, it's about getting money from both existing and potential new customers.

I have always wondered that who in the hell is going to pay 60€ and use those sequences and premades melodies on his own music productions? IF I would buy Nexus, I would buy it only for nice pads, bells, strings, violins, flutes, choirs and guitars. Those type of sounds which cannot be made / is not easy to make on synths. Bass, leads and so on, you can make easily on any synth. What comes to the price itself, the plugin and expansios are super expensives and way way overpriced...

Edit: Why don't you Manuel make expansios which is full of like pads, violins, strings, flutes, guitars. Why every expansios has bass, synths, drums, leads, brass, bells - what ever. Make expansios which is full of pads / bells / choirs /. Like 50 presets of choirs, sell it as it is. 50 presets of flutes, sell it as it is and so on. That would be more "proper" way to do expansions. Not every expansions does to have sequences which no one going to use anyway. If I want to buy choir sounds, I don't need bass, violins and sequencies on it.. Do you understand?

Agree

keel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 am I have always wondered that who in the hell is going to pay 60€ and use those sequences and premades melodies on his own music productions? IF I would buy Nexus, I would buy it only for nice pads, bells, strings, violins, flutes, choirs and guitars. Those type of sounds which cannot be made / is not easy to make on synths. Bass, leads and so on, you can make easily on any synth. What comes to the price itself, the plugin and expansios are super expensives and way way overpriced...

Edit: Why don't you Manuel make expansios which is full of like pads, violins, strings, flutes, guitars. Why every expansios has bass, synths, drums, leads, brass, bells - what ever. Make expansios which is full of pads / bells / choirs /. Like 50 presets of choirs, sell it as it is. 50 presets of flutes, sell it as it is and so on. That would be more "proper" way to do expansions. Not every expansions does to have sequences which no one going to use anyway. If I want to buy choir sounds, I don't need bass, violins and sequencies on it.. Do you understand?
well if all you want are organic sounds, then of course you won’t buy Nexus. It’s primarily aimed at electronic sounds for dance music. Nexus is a rompler. Why don’t you just buy organic sample packs and use a sample player?
Seems like you’re creating a problem that doesn’t exist 🤷‍♂️

Simply put, if I understand keel correctly, he probably means having expansions like "Guitars". I just bought Nexus4 along with few expansions and choosing "Guitars" as one took no time. I am new to Nexus but I think this should be one of the best expansions yet.

Many of the new expansions, or even some old maybe, seem to have a lot of sequences, arps, etc. that would be difficult to use in songs.

So, similar to sample libraries for Kontakt, Nexus could benefit if it "also" has expansions dedicated to specific type of instruments for the customers who are looking for them.

I think feature upgrades should be free or very low-priced. A feature upgrade that costs 40% of the price of an app that I purchased around a year ago is not cool! After all, Nexus makes the bulk of its $$$ from selling sound packs. Personally, I have more invested in packs than in the app itself. This kind of thing makes me less inclined to want to invest more into the Nexus platform. The developers should take note.
Last edited by tony10000 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Its horses for courses. Don’t buy an EDM focused synth if you want mainly organic sounds. There’s lots of other vsts, including free ones, that will meet your needs.

Return to “Instruments”