Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:34 pm I have Architect and in two or three years when the presets are ready ....
:lol:

Psyclapse wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 am I'm trying to get Playbeat to drive drum pads in Atlas in Studio One - anyone know if this works? I cant get it working but maybe midi out isnt supported in the playbeat trial version? Audiomodern dont allow midi export in their trial version so I guess thats plausible.
Yes it can drive Atlas, got it working by setting up a kit and an empty sequence in Atlas then setting up Playbeat 3 as below where Plugin MIDI Output is set to 'All', I set MIDI channel to 10 (probably not necessary, old habits!) and then clicked on the plug icon in the middle row which opens up the screen below where you can set each track up to send particular note values...
playbeat settings.png
...word of caution the settings are saved with each preset and NOT global preferences so you have to set this up each time a preset loads so suggest saving a blank preset of your own named something like "Atlas MIDI Settings" so you can get back to it each time. Setting the note values is a pain as you have to click on the little arrows next to the notes on each track.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 pm
Yes it can drive Atlas, ...
Awesome, thank-you WTG! Must be a restriction of the trial version as I don't see all of those settings you've shown. I'm gonna buy it so your instructions will be very helpful, cheers! :) :tu:

Looking for a really lightweight plugin (mac) that can route its incoming midi to external midi ports. I'm looking to use this with unify so i can use all the splits/layering/arps/chord note splitting with external hardware.

I can do this using audiaire zenith and voltage modular as instruments in unify, but I'm thinking there must be a plugin out there that is designed solely to do this, so extremely low CPU overhead.

can you not do that in your DAW?

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:06 pm can you not do that in your DAW?
no, there's no midi out from unify

Sorry, I meant do all the splits etc and pass those into Unify so you can also access that MIDI in the DAW with other tracks e.g. I use Blue Arp VST in the DAW rather than Unify and then if I want to ape the splits I use a MIDI note filter. That’s just because I know I haven’t been able to do it in Unify itself, but maybe someone else has.

Are you safe?

I can do a lot of it in the DAW, but using unify I can have it all set up as a self-contained thing for use in different DAWs, and the polybox chord note splitter is something useful to me that I currently do using a standalone app (polymer).

Like I said, I can do this using zenith/voltage modular as a midi "escape" route, but seems a bit wasteful to use those plugins just to do midi breakout.

The least CPU "costly" method I've found so far is plogue bidule.
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:20 pm
No midi out from Unify?
But then is it that useful to have this feature?
Some time ago IIRC it was said that his will happen.

Setting aside the question of whether it's useful for other people to do this in unify, I am still on the hunt for a simple, lightweight plugin that routes DAW/host midi to the midi ports directly, if such a thing exists.

I'm on mac, but loopmidi looks like a solution to a different problem of routing between apps - something the mac does natively with IAC midi ports.

^^^
Sorry I was not helpful.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:13 pm
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:20 pm
No midi out from Unify?
But then is it that useful to have this feature?
Some time ago IIRC it was said that his will happen.
I think it's definitely on their list, they just haven't done it yet. Another big one is setting global scales e.g. so all input is shifted into E Dorian.

Are you safe?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:36 am Midi Madness 3 $45 till 12-1-21
Lowest price I have seen MM3.
It's been on my list to buy so I will like get it.
https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/soft ... or-plugin/
and get Parallel Aggressor by Baby Audio for free till 11-30-21.
Visited ADSR but the Midi Madness price was $75. Apparently they forgot that the expiration date of the sale was 12-1-21 not 11-30-21. Very disappointed.

Return to “Effects”