Anybody using UA SpecOps

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Hanallred
KVRer
15 posts since 5 Oct, 2021

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:02 am

I’ve been trialing Unfiltered Audio’s SpecOps and am pretty darn impressed. I think I’m gonna use the 29.99 voucher on it.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

Does anybody know of any SpecOps alternatives I should check out. This seems pretty unique but I’d like to check out the competition if there is any.

I’m also interested in your experience with this plugin is too.

WasteLand
KVRAF
2217 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Hanallred wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:02 am
I’ve been trialing Unfiltered Audio’s SpecOps and am pretty darn impressed. I think I’m gonna use the 29.99 voucher on it.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

Does anybody know of any SpecOps alternatives I should check out. This seems pretty unique but I’d like to check out the competition if there is any.

I’m also interested in your experience with this plugin is too.
you are already demoing Specops, and you are darn impressed. that is what a plugin must achieve, me thinks.

are there alternatives? spectral treatment, is very scattered. i call it treatment, that is my way, now. next week..

on topic! it is quite unique, although processing bins (the spectral 'buffer', or FFT result), as Specops does, can be found elsewhere, but scattered. but not with this particular workflow, i.e. all the settings.

it's workflow is quite unique, it has many capabilities. and of course the modulation capabilities..

there is no go to spectral effect plugin. isn't a problem.

i collect them, all that i can find, and are worth it.

SpecOps is totally worth it (it can be bought cheaper, but well, it is certainly worth this price.

it is a plugin that i use regularly, next to all other spectral effects. it keeps its use, more than; it keeps it's own character, it's own 'treatment' of sound.

i hope this is clear, because, i myself i have not an overview of all the spectral things i own... when need one, i know were to find it, very quickly, but couldn't make a list, by heart. but when i work, i know which one to choose....

and SpecOps has a big place in this collection.

as i said, scattered.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

Hanallred
KVRer

Topic Starter

15 posts since 5 Oct, 2021

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate the reply.

Played with it quite a bit more today and purchased it. This thing is cool. Now I’m just a few plugins shy of having all the UA plugs, some of my favorite creative effects along side the Freakshow and Eventide plugins. I might as well get Fault, Zip, and G8 next MegaSale. I really like the company so I’m happy to support them.

foosnark
KVRAF
6024 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:25 pm

SpecOps is awesome. By far my favorite thing from UA.

I had a Synthesis Technology E520, which is a pretty impressive Eurorack spectral processor and delay among other things (there are multiple different algorithms), but wound up selling it because I found my favorite spectral algorithms on that module could be handled by SpecOps once I dug into it a bit deeper. (It's definitely not a 100% match -- E520 has some spectral looper stuff which is unique AFAIK -- but more than good enough for my purposes.)

Return to “Effects”