DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Is it possible to use the Shift + Fixed length button and the button row under the grid buttons on a Launchpad Pro MK3 to change the track length of new scenes similarly to how the controller works with Ableton Live?

Currently pressing those buttons adds a new scene, starts playback and switches to overdub.

To be more precise, I have the post recording action set to "Play recorded" and the delay is set to 4 bars. I would like to change that delay with the "Shift + Fixed length" button and the button row right below the grid buttons.

Is this something that can be done today?

Alright, so it seems that if I press "Shift" then I can set the length of the new clips but then if I just arm a track for recording and press a grid button to add a clip it ignord that length anyway.

Is it supported to work like that?

Do I understand correctly that receiving note data on separate midi channels for each pad of Maschine Mikro Mk3 is not possible via your script? It is possible via the default template of Maschine Mikro, but I can’t get it to work with your (otherwise great) script.

If I use the default NI template in Mikro and set up a generic controller, Bitwig gives me the option to select midi channels as input, but using your script I only get one midi input and only midi channel 1 receives data, whatever I select in the track midi settings.

Thanks for helping out!

szszoke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:59 pm To be more precise, I have the post recording action set to "Play recorded" and the delay is set to 4 bars. I would like to change that delay with the "Shift + Fixed length" button and the button row right below the grid buttons.

Is this something that can be done today?
No, these parameters can currently not be accessed.

szszoke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 pm Alright, so it seems that if I press "Shift" then I can set the length of the new clips but then if I just arm a track for recording and press a grid button to add a clip it ignord that length anyway.

Is it supported to work like that?
Starting a clip on the session does currently always record "flexible" length (which means when you press stop or press the pad again). The new clip length setting is used for the "new clip" function which can also be accessed from the Shift view.

I actually have the setting in-place to select different options for session grid but it is not enabled for the Launchpad. Will add it to my TODO list.

Robertvandijk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:28 pm Do I understand correctly that receiving note data on separate midi channels for each pad of Maschine Mikro Mk3 is not possible via your script? It is possible via the default template of Maschine Mikro, but I can’t get it to work with your (otherwise great) script.

If I use the default NI template in Mikro and set up a generic controller, Bitwig gives me the option to select midi channels as input, but using your script I only get one midi input and only midi channel 1 receives data, whatever I select in the track midi settings.

Thanks for helping out!
You can select MIDI channel for each track in Bitwig: you need to change the "To" parameter. See:
MIDIChannel.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is there any known bug about getting into the user mode in Bitwig 4.1 on Push 2?? I just cant get into it. Sometimes it worked but since a few hours i cant get into it anymore.

I could narrow it down a bit. Seems it there is an Problem with the Atlas drum machine VST. I had one filter mapped to a user uotary knob and since then it wasnt possible to get into user mode. As soon as i deleted the track with atlas it worked as supposed to.

Dipe wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:18 pm Is there any known bug about getting into the user mode in Bitwig 4.1 on Push 2?? I just cant get into it. Sometimes it worked but since a few hours i cant get into it anymore.

I could narrow it down a bit. Seems it there is an Problem with the Atlas drum machine VST. I had one filter mapped to a user uotary knob and since then it wasnt possible to get into user mode. As soon as i deleted the track with atlas it worked as supposed to.
Tested a bit but could not spot an issue. Some maybe really somehow related to your plugin.

Still having an issue with Push 2 crashing when using the "with/without previous channel" operator. Seems if this operator is loaded anywhere in a project Push 2 immediately crashes with the error "No enum constant de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.NoteOccurrence CHANNEL". Any fix for this?

LFOStep wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 pm Still having an issue with Push 2 crashing when using the "with/without previous channel" operator. Seems if this operator is loaded anywhere in a project Push 2 immediately crashes with the error "No enum constant de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.NoteOccurrence CHANNEL". Any fix for this?
Thanks for reporting. Will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:02 pm
LFOStep wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 pm Still having an issue with Push 2 crashing when using the "with/without previous channel" operator. Seems if this operator is loaded anywhere in a project Push 2 immediately crashes with the error "No enum constant de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.NoteOccurrence CHANNEL". Any fix for this?
Thanks for reporting. Will be fixed in the next update.
Excellent! Thanks!

Also, it would be great if the Push 2 "Workflow Footswitch 2" drop down menu had an equivalent of the "Clip: Play" option that Flexi has. I found that was an easy way to start/stop playing OR recording on the currently selected clip using a footswitch. I'm not sure how difficult that is to implement, but I was unable to find a way to create that behavior with the options listed so far.

Hi,
I haven't used DrivenByMoss for a while, because I couldn't get my head around it to understand it's usage properly. But I want to try again now. I just mention it because I know it used to work a few months ago with earlier versions of the driver itself, Bitwig and Ubuntu.

Currently, something doesn't work:

After setting up the midi channels and turning the driver on in the controller configuration, it's not changing the lights and colors as it's supposed to be from the "normal" to the Bitwig Controller state, but it just turns off and nothing happens.
I tried on a Windows System with the same Bitwig and Driven by Moss version, no problem there.

Also when not activating the Bitwig controller mode with DrivenByMoss, but just using the Launchpad in it's normal Midi mode, it works, too.

And if I turn off the controller with the DrivenByMoss driver in Bitwig Settings, it's lights go on again for the normal mode.

I also started Bitwig in the terminal to see if there are error messages but there wasn't anything to see.

hennsensen wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:09 pm Hi,
I haven't used DrivenByMoss for a while, because I couldn't get my head around it to understand it's usage properly. But I want to try again now. I just mention it because I know it used to work a few months ago with earlier versions of the driver itself, Bitwig and Ubuntu.

Currently, something doesn't work:

After setting up the midi channels and turning the driver on in the controller configuration, it's not changing the lights and colors as it's supposed to be from the "normal" to the Bitwig Controller state, but it just turns off and nothing happens.
I tried on a Windows System with the same Bitwig and Driven by Moss version, no problem there.

Also when not activating the Bitwig controller mode with DrivenByMoss, but just using the Launchpad in it's normal Midi mode, it works, too.

And if I turn off the controller with the DrivenByMoss driver in Bitwig Settings, it's lights go on again for the normal mode.

I also started Bitwig in the terminal to see if there are error messages but there wasn't anything to see.
Your issue is on Ubuntu, which version? When you try to use the Launchpad, which model?
Did you select the correct MIDI in-/outputs? The naming of MIDI ports has changed on some Linux systems and auto-detect might not work.
Also check the JavaScript console (reachable from the I/O pane on the right).

Return to “Controller Scripting”