reFX Vanguard 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

revvy wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:31 am
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 pm
revvy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:12 pm so back in the day, the big synth boys would go after after other companies they thought were producing 'copies' of their synths, including in different format (HW:SW)?
Back in the day? Roland is still doing it.
Not if the design patents ran out after 30 years.
FTFY. ;)

As far as I always read, Roland was one of the more strict companies in that regard. But, take a look at what happened: They released all their vintage gear as plugin versions for the Roland Cloud. That's what I always talk about, when people say with hardware or software "Guys... why can't you make the stuff Open Source, or release it to the public..." and I argue that, one day, the company could make use of the intellectual proerty themselves. You never know what will be happening in the future. It's pretty short-sighted to demand everything to be public domain. Not even the companies themselves can know now what they do with the stuff in the future.

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:52 pm
Not if the design patents ran out after 30 years.
Citation needed that that answers the case being discussed here.

Anyway, somewhat related, "Competition: the facts" (chuckle)

https://community.musictribe.com/discus ... -the-facts
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

surreal wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:25 am I wish I could still get JunoX2 . I know its abandonware but I remember its sound was really unique in those days... a sound that I would like today!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I still have tracks with Vanguard, but I have to replace and reprogram them with other synths, because Vanguard stops playing sounds sometimes.

Well this thread has been awesome. Never knew that Tone2 Markus was the same Markus that did the audio engine for the old school reFX products. And I had totally forgotten about Claw (but not vanguard).

So much time had passed that I sort of assumed Avenger was Vanguard’s replacement (even now I had to make sure it wasn’t an anagram). But they’re such different synths and I had some sounds I’ve had to multisample out of vanguard. However I do think ReFX could use a nice VA that’s a bit more 1-pagey than Avenger (though I love avenger) and perhaps also super CPU friendly.

And what’s this about reFX being in financial trouble? I always assumed they were successful since they’re the company everyone seems to love to hate (except with Avenger being so good people seem to have since shut up about it).
"FriendZone"

paulm12 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:07 am And what’s this about reFX being in financial trouble? I always assumed they were successful since they’re the company everyone seems to love to hate (except with Avenger being so good people seem to have since shut up about it).
Who has said they are in financial trouble?
Also, Avenger is not by reFX, but Vengeance. Two different companies.

I love Vanguard, should be updated!

Kalonai wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am
paulm12 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:07 am And what’s this about reFX being in financial trouble? I always assumed they were successful since they’re the company everyone seems to love to hate (except with Avenger being so good people seem to have since shut up about it).
Yes but I believe they’re at least sister companies, if not more closely related because of Manuel Schleis‘s involvement (maybe he’s around here to clarify), I always thought they were two sides of the same coin and originally Vengeance was more samplepack focused (and then had effects) while ReFX was more instrument focused
"FriendZone"

paulm12 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:47 am
Kalonai wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am
Yes but I believe they’re at least sister companies, if not more closely related because of Manuel Schleis‘s involvement (maybe he’s around here to clarify), I always thought they were two sides of the same coin and originally Vengeance was more samplepack focused (and then had effects) while ReFX was more instrument focused
M. Schleis is a sound designer for reFX, but he doesn't manage the company nor does he code the plugins.
For Vengeance, I believe Manuel owns it, but Keilweith code the plugins.

An updates on this? I contacted REfx back in July and they said it was forthcoming but I've seen nothing since.

dj.anti.matter wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 pm An updates on this? I contacted REfx back in July and they said it was forthcoming but I've seen nothing since.
An update on what?

This thread started 10 years ago.

reFX told you there was going to be an update on Vanguard? :hihi: Take luck.

Maybe they used some of the info in their lastest, uh, um, relea... er, update of Nexus.

JonSolo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:33 pm
dj.anti.matter wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 pm An updates on this? I contacted REfx back in July and they said it was forthcoming but I've seen nothing since.
An update on what?

This thread started 10 years ago.

reFX told you there was going to be an update on Vanguard? :hihi: Take luck.

Maybe they used some of the info in their lastest, uh, um, relea... er, update of Nexus.
They told me a year ago it was being released via a support ticket.

So they told that to you twice? (a year ago, and then in July)

What name is on the support ticket? This is interesting (cause I love Vanguard).

Looking at the section "Plugins" in the reFX Cloud app I would imagine they are planning to release new plugins in future, first (second, technically) probably being Vanguard.

The audio engines of JunoX and Vanguard were developed by me. ReFX licensed them.
If you are looking for the sound of JunoX or Vanguard I receommend that you check our Tone2 Icarus2. It can replace those plugins very well and includes also all the waveforms.

Return to “Instruments”