Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chrisstiles wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:31 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:33 pm @ Uncle E. (JRRShop)
Recently contacted a competitor of yours to clarify if these Image-Line products were VST versions able to work with any DAW or if they're the new "only under FLS" versions. They said VST (any DAW). Can you please confirm this for your sale? Your price makes it very tempting. Even though it's exactly the kind of plug-in I've been working hard at avoiding. (i.e. Windows only).
WasteLand wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:02 pm Image Line Harmor for $59 (after GROUP, well....);

https://www.jrrshop.com/image-line
i have bought it, it is VST (and FL studio... so you get both versions), indeed Windows only.
Just be aware that the VSTs are essentially orphaned at this point, they won't be fixing any bugs you find (in fact they haven't been doing so for a while).
Yes, I'm completely aware of this. I've had Harmor for quite awhile, but have been looking at Sakura for even longer. I know this is a sale that will ultimately result in a loss in any sense of a future proof plugin. But it has a unique character that sounds and feels different to me from others such as String Studio, Chromaphone, SubBoom Bass, etc. So yeah... bought. :dog:

haphap wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:19 pm No audio related SW, but very useful even for audio addict's - Beyond Compare:
25% off of any Beyond Compare license on Monday, November 29th! Coupon code is CYBER2021MON.
https://www.scootersoftware.com/promo
Good recco. Taking this over to the chat thread. My go to has been DeltaWalker, which has been a huge time saver over the years for semi-manual comparison and synchronization of directory structures.

My long quest has been to feed a list of files to a comparison tool that will then search, compare, and report back if there are duplicates off that list found elsewhere. Basically designate a set of files as the master and search *all* storage to find duplicates of any of the master files, using a fuzzy comparison logic like dupeGuru. And if duplicates are found offer to delete them individually or programatically. Beyond Compare at a glance doesn't appear to do it. DeltaWalker doesn't.

I have a lot of NAS and external storage space devoted to copies of old projects, mostly video, that I don't know if the files are the only backup or backup of a backup. So they just sit there in drawers bit-rotting. Singlemizer and dupeGuru are good for finding whether you have dupes within a path, like inside a sample library, but not for finding backups of backups off to the side in folders named ToSort and such. They can find how many duplicates are inside the set but not take a set and find duplicates of it outside the set.

I've not found any easy way to do such a comparison, except manually and slowly over time, or ... programmatically there's surely a way if I drop down to the command line and/or roll my own as a script or extend dupeGuru. Seems like a DEEP rabbit hole. I'm pretty sure by now there's nothing off the shelf for this, but I didn't know about Beyond Compare before today so not all hope is lost.

If anyone knows of such a unicorn I'm all ears. :D

kidslow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:41 pm If anyone knows of such a unicorn I'm all ears. :D
You don't say which OS you want to run on, but here's a couple of Windows tools I use regularly, both are free.

Been using Free File Sync for many years, its great. My only gripe is that it doesn't preserve the modified date of directories when it copies them over. I'm sure it used to, but doesn't now.
https://freefilesync.org/

For searching out duplicates and lots of other cool stuff (I especially use it for multiple file renames), there is Free Commander. Might do what you need.
https://freecommander.com/
https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Duplicates.html

Nspace wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:58 pm With only a few hours (9) for the sale to end, I am about to take the plunge and aquire MODEL BRASS by Xtant Audio at $18 (80% off).
Yesterday late, asked for comments at the instruments forum, comparing Sonivox' Orchestral Companion Brass versus Model Brass by Xtant Audio, since apart from close sale prices, both libraries seem interesting while having different strengths and weaknesses...

At the moment I am leaning into Model Brass, since I'd rather have a Brass library that offers several instruments (horns, trombones,etc) in an interface that allows for varied articulations and mutes and controllers, whilst providing GRID type of ensemble formation and the ability to independently process each instrument included and with a better workflow. That against the probably better sampled Sonivox Brass, but with a simple keyboard + effects GUI.

///So, is there any showstopper, some other comparable alternative or aspect someone here care to share that I should know or be caution about, before deciding which way to go?
Personally I wouldn't touch anything Sonivox. I got one of their string libraries for free. I had some issue with it, I think I couldn't get it to sustain - I emailed them, never a reply.

I've also seen plenty of other negative comments about them over the years.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

In case you didn't know yet, and are brave enough to face their DRM (which left the Lifetime Key I bought for 1 product seemingly 'unauthorized' for me, even after 'authenticating' it after hours of trying to launch their DRM app), Roland offers "play4life" subscriptions to its Cloud collection. It promises up to 2 "lifetime keys" of your choice:
https://www.rolandcloud.com/memberships

Here is another UVI - Digital Synsations Serial Number:

UVISC30-B0AEBFCB

Please quote this post if the code gets used.

Enjoy! :-)

paolostylo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:35 am Here is another UVI - Digital Synsations Serial Number:

UVISC30-B0AEBFCB

Please quote this post if the code gets used.

Enjoy! :-)
USED! THANKS A LOT!

Kilohearts $30 code for november, so valid only today:
b9powxyg85

I guess you need to have more than 30 usd worth stuff in your cart so that you can use it. I was about to buy some content banks but have spent too much already this month.

zipidowski wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:30 pm Kilohearts $30 code for november, so valid only today:
b9powxyg85

I guess you need to have more than 30 usd worth stuff in your cart so that you can use it. I was about to buy some content banks but have spent too much already this month.
Used it ! Thank you very much. :party:

Here's mine Kilohearts 30$ code, I won't use it.

Code: Select all

03j91b0pp8

DanielPL wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:24 pm Here's mine Kilohearts 30$ code, I won't use it.

03j91b0pp8
Thank you kindly! Just used it to get Convolver.

Here´s another Kilohearts voucher I forgot I had... Please post a reply if used.
251m4aemsy
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

oops post
ignore
Last edited by re.mark on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So that is pretty much Black Friday > Cyber Monday wrapped up for another year.
Fairly underwhelming all round, by-and-large the same deals I've seen over the last couple of years.

re.mark wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:49 pm So that is pretty much Black Friday > Cyber Monday wrapped up for another year.
Fairly underwhelming all round, by-and-large the same deals I've seen over the last couple of years.
even for general hardware eg TVs it was pretty underwhelming here in Australia. A lot of newer stuff did not even go on sale.
I think there are so many spot sales or obscure commemorative date sales that can be even better - that BF has lost its special character. Not for all devs and manufacturers of course, but as an overall vibe it was very unexciting here

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”