[SOLVED] Bazille 12092 intsall : problem with Bitwig 2.4.3 finding it

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I've installed Bazille, and it looks properly installed at the right location but Bitwig is not seeing it at all, even after a full plugin rescan. What could be wrong ?

~/.u-he is a symlink to another drive and I've checked it.

I've 'touch'ed the main file and the directory for a test, hence the dates being shown differ.

Code: Select all

% ll .u-he
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 16 Feb 14  2019 .u-he -> /B3/Plugins/u-he/

% 06:31:14  ~/.u-he/Bazille 

-rwxr-xr-x 1 user user 11533824 Nov 30 06:27 Bazille.64.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user     4124 Nov 29 20:19 Bazille readme.rtf
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user  3798168 Nov 29 20:19 Bazille user guide.pdf
[...]

% 06:35:38  /B3/Plugins/u-he 
drwxr-xr-x 7 user user 4096 Nov 14  2018 ACE/
drwxr-xr-x 8 user user 4096 Nov 30 06:35 Bazille/
drwxr-xr-x 7 user user 4096 Nov 14  2018 BeatZille/
drwxr-xr-x 7 user user 4096 Dec 18  2020 ColourCopy/
drwxr-xr-x 8 user user 4096 Mar 26  2019 Diva/
drwxr-xr-x 8 user user 4096 Mar 24  2019 Filterscape/
drwxr-xr-x 9 user user 4096 May 23  2019 Hive/
[... more plugins ...]

% 06:38:30  /B3/Plugins/u-he/Bazille 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 user user 11533824 Nov 30 06:27  Bazille.64.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user     4124 Nov 29 20:19 'Bazille readme.rtf'
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user  3798168 Nov 29 20:19 'Bazille user guide.pdf'
[...]

And here with 'Reveal File' we see that the other plugins at the same basic locations are found.

bazilleInstall.jpg

I don't get that one, and that's some time I haven't installed a plugin now.

What could be wrong ? Is it with Bazille or with Bitwig ?

Thanks for any help/advice !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Only one idea right now: Are the other plugins still older versions, or the most recent rev. 12092?
The current releases require glibc 2.28 to work, otherwise they won't show up.

In Bitwig's settings, in the Plug-Ins tab, when you click "show plug-in errors", does it show a message for Bazille?
That QA guy from planet u-he.

You say you installed the plugin, but your file listing above just shows 3 files. A typical installation of Bazille would also have a couple of other files/folders there, like "Data/", "dialog", "dialog.64", "Presets/", "Tunefiles/" and so on.
Sure you installed it correctly?

Also, (for VST2 plugins) your ~/.vst/u-he/ should contain a symlink to ~/.u-he/Bazille/Bazille.64.so. Is it there?

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:03 pm Only one idea right now: Are the other plugins still older versions, or the most recent rev. 12092? The current releases require glibc 2.28 to work, otherwise they won't show up.
libc is 2.27
tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:03 pm In Bitwig's settings, in the Plug-Ins tab, when you click "show plug-in errors", does it show a message for Bazille?
No errors found.

And yes, this is the first or the 12092 series being installed.

I won't be touching libc, I do no think it's a good idea to update libc as it has to do with just about everything. Might as well update Xubuntu itself.

Meanwhile it does not seem that I have a previous Bazille install archive, how can I get the one before the requirement for libc was introduced and what is the rev. number, as now I have no Bazille at all ?

Many thanks, tschüß

FrankNeumann wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:06 pm You say you installed the plugin, but your file listing above just shows 3 files. A typical installation of Bazille would also have a couple of other files/folders there, like "Data/", "dialog", "dialog.64", "Presets/", "Tunefiles/" and so on. Sure you installed it correctly?
Actually it is not 'I' that did the installation but the script, modified as in the previous post on this subject, to remove the annoying '-e'. And also to report about the Tunefiles/ directory problem at install time which is there since the Beginning of Time (or just about).

Hence, the '[...]' found in the two file listings above are there to explicitly signify that not all files were listed. To keep it brief.
FrankNeumann wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:06 pm Also, (for VST2 plugins) your ~/.vst/u-he/ should contain a symlink to ~/.u-he/Bazille/Bazille.64.so. Is it there?
The ~/.vst/ directory does not matter at all. In fact I just renamed it to ~/.vstbkup/ and the u-he plugins are working fine since everything is installed and found in ~/.u-he/ and Bitwig looks into that directory and not ~/.vst/ by plugin path configuration.

Thanks.

mevla wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 pm libc is 2.27
Bingo, then that's the reason why it doesn't show up.
mevla wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 pm how can I get the one before the requirement for libc was introduced and what is the rev. number
There is a link to the release archive on every product page.
Previous Bazille Linux revision was 10721, found here:
https://u-he.com/downloads/release-archive/bazille/

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:47 am There is a link to the release archive on every product page. Previous Bazille Linux revision was 10721, found here: https://u-he.com/downloads/release-archive/bazille/
Works fine.

I got the recent Sound Author sound set. Loading a patch shows the 'plug-in too old for preset' warning. The patch has:

#Vers=10006

Even though it looks like a comment, I tried '10721' in there, no change. What is there to do to prevent the extra clicking of the warning each time a patch is loaded ?

Thanks.

mevla wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:58 am Even though it looks like a comment, I tried '10721' in there, no change. What is there to do to prevent the extra clicking of the warning each time a patch is loaded ?
No, don't edit that line, please.
Just resave the presets, that's all you need to do to make the warning disappear.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:12 am No, don't edit that line, please. Just resave the presets, that's all you need to do to make the warning disappear.
It works but it's quite awkward as it would need to be done a hundred times or so. And then all modified presets copied in the original directory identified with the author's and sound set names (and not as a User preset).

I see that the Rev value has changed upon saving. That's OK although I wonder about the change that happened in the binary data also. My concern is about any 'dumbing down' of the preset in order to fit that previous Bazille version explicitly which could mean that when I'll be using a later version, the presets thus modified will not reflect the author's original sound design.

Would it be OK to simply change the Rev number in a simple 2-second operation using a sed operation ?

mevla wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:49 pm Would it be OK to simply change the Rev number in a simple 2-second operation using a sed operation ?
Yup :wink:

Return to “u-he Linux support”