Badly created soundpacks

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought a preset pack from Sonic Academy for Kick 2 and when I went through it, there were so many clicks n so forth, the pack was rubbish.

So I told them about it, and was pretty annoying tbh

a) they denied they could hear the issues
b) I sent audio files from rendered preset with the clicks in them and they still denied it.

I guess they simply don't believe me, because this pack is utter rubbish.

Anyone else get issues like this with packs ? First time it's happened to me tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

oh, my sides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm talking about clicks like zero crossover problems, the type you get from cutting audio etc.

Right in the middle of the kick, not the click on the transient.

Which packs? I have some but haven't tried them all yet.

Its a techno kick pack Vol 5

you're in luck. I've got that one. which preset(s)? or are we supposed to hunt through all 50?

I happen to have that one as well, was part of a bundle that I recently got.
And yes, a couple of kicks end in clicks (SA Techno 03, 12, perhaps more). Unfortunate envelope settings. Easy to fix, but still ...

I think we may be using different definitions of click here (and sample). I just loaded up techno 03 and can't detect an obvious click and can't find one at all in 12. do you mean where the envelope finishes so the sub layer cuts out and the samples seem to continue? because their aren't actual detectable clicks in those individual layers that I can find and the only possible source I can identify in 03 is a possible conflict between the layer settings, which would be fixed by changing the click-layer envelopes or adjusting the synthesised sub layer slightly.

I'm having trouble working out what the actual problem is here.

Well, I can't say if that's the same thing that the OP reported. For me, those "thuds" at the end of these aforementioned kicks would have been worthy of the label "click". It's down to the amp envelope settings. Like you already said, the sub layer ends abruptly and doesn't fade out, resulting in a small click/thud type of thing.
Easy fix, as I said, but personally I'd say that should have been caught before release by the creator of that pack.

Not sure if this is relevant to the thread but it happened to me that Kick2 presets created on another PC loaded wrongly (they didn't sound as intended).

Maybe that's the actual issue here?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I think it might well be that. I’m not getting a thud off the presets I’ve tried - this is on OS X. so there may be some latent bug. one thing i noticed was that on 03 the sample layers all had their length set to max in the preset. I could see something like that triggering this kind of bug.

one man's trash is another man's treasure definitely is true when it comes to sound design :)
I made over 10 000 presets last 7-8 years and can't remember one specific preset i made with intention to be bad :)
Some sounds are amazing just because are 'wrong' by standard definition :)
But it is possible presets to have some wrong parameter on programming level,which cause problems on output sound or user's system drivers or settings like buffer size,may be the synth have bugs you just face - if make list with all bugs i discover in many vst synths will be a novel :)
Machines do mystakes,it's expected human to do so.
It's easy to blame or to deny,always better to discuss and to find the issue for both sides :)
Cheers :)

This might not be the ideal service to upload a short audio file, just not sure what else to use.
Here's an example of what I hear with that preset (SA Techno 03), but I disabled all the click layers because they're probably copyrighted samples. So this is just the sub layer isolated:

https://sndup.net/7wbp
(Click on the "Download audio!" bit)

Do you guys hear the same thing when muting the three click layers?
(I'm on Win10)

LeVzi wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:20 pm I bought a preset pack from Sonic Academy for Kick 2 and when I went through it, there were so many clicks n so forth, the pack was rubbish.

So I told them about it, and was pretty annoying tbh

a) they denied they could hear the issues
b) I sent audio files from rendered preset with the clicks in them and they still denied it.

I guess they simply don't believe me, because this pack is utter rubbish.

Anyone else get issues like this with packs ? First time it's happened to me tbh.
Ask for your money back.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:40 pm This might not be the ideal service to upload a short audio file, just not sure what else to use.
Here's an example of what I hear with that preset (SA Techno 03), but I disabled all the click layers because they're probably copyrighted samples. So this is just the sub layer isolated:

https://sndup.net/7wbp
(Click on the "Download audio!" bit)

Do you guys hear the same thing when muting the three click layers?
(I'm on Win10)
That's it, exactly, there are a few that does this. It should have been checked off by the pack creator.

Return to “Soundware”