Why is FL Studio so popular?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Polomo123 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 pm FREE UPDATES !!!

Beside that
-long on market
-many pro users
-cheaper than most others pattern style DAW's
-good stock effects
-very good Synths ( For me there is not much like Sakura and Harmor )
-Edison (Maybe the coolest Drag and Drop Recorder I know )
I like the stock plugins a lot.

Hink wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:03 am I already hopefully dealt with that, if you want to drag it on we can lock it.
No need too. Was just checking out other FL users opinions.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm
wuworld wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm Why is FL so popular?
Why is Reaper popular or Cubase or Logic or?

Could it be people like the workflow?

Kids could use Mommy's credit card to buy any DAW. Reaper is only $60, I'm sure many Moms can swing that. Bitwig has a $99 version (on sale now 79 USD / 79 EUR) and so on.

If you really want to know then try the FL Studio demo. Like the workflow? Buy it. It's not for you? Delete it and move on.

If you're asking just out of idle curiosity then I'd suggest your time could be better spent..... :shrug:
Yeah I haven't used FL in a while since FL 12. It's come a long way. I bought the full FL collection recently. It's been fun using this with my new rme interface, arturia V8 collection, Slate (analog vibe!) etc. Gonna test some of the NI plugins (I'm a beta tester for NI) in FL tonight!

I switched from using FL to Studio One some years ago.
Now I've added Bitwig and also other DAWs.
One thing I like about Bitwig is that I can open my old FL projects since it also has a bridger for 32 bit plugins without needing to bother with jBridge (which is good software, too).
Now I'm getting back into FL alongside. The real old projects just need to be resaved in FL 20 to load into Bitwig. Next I'll try to use FL vsti or Rewire in Bitwig.
I think I finally reached a point where things are getting easier for me than they used to be.

Hink wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:16 pm
wuworld wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:06 am You could have just not replied to this thread if my question is an issue.
And you could have just not started the thread in the first place.

Round and Round we go....... :wheee:
no thank you...the OP said no thank you so anything you post in this thread will considered by me to be intentional trolling...perhaps you should take your own advice about wasting time :?
I had already left the thread but people keep quoting me so....

I'm just trying to save you time and the trouble of moderating when threads get out of control after people get triggered when their favorite DAW or plugin is insulted. Call it pre-moderation. I consider this whole thread and all the "what's the best/worst/popular" etc threads trolling so it all depends on how you look at it.

Ok I'll leave this thread...again...if people would be so kind to stop quoting me that would be great. Yes I could just not respond but then again they could have just not responded to me so like I said round and round we go.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There is another reason. People still can purchase piles of books about audio production and they are still about Protools, Cubase and Reason. Other DAWs are hardly mentioned in such books.
So these companies basically priced themselves up and up through time. Until they got complacent. My 2c.

Musical Gym wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:45 am I switched from using FL to Studio One some years ago.
Now I've added Bitwig and also other DAWs.
One thing I like about Bitwig is that I can open my old FL projects since it also has a bridger for 32 bit plugins without needing to bother with jBridge (which is good software, too).
Now I'm getting back into FL alongside. The real old projects just need to be resaved in FL 20 to load into Bitwig. Next I'll try to use FL vsti or Rewire in Bitwig.
I think I finally reached a point where things are getting easier for me than they used to be.
How do you like the transition from Studio One to FL?

wuworld wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:59 am ... FL Studio's piano roll is up with Studio One 5's. ...
If this is your honest opinion then I must advice you to look a second time at FLS´PR Editor...
They might be more or less equal as long as it comes to the standard stuff (even if there it´s already getting difficult for S1 to keep up) but FLS´Editor can do 10 times more behind these obvious operations...

People can diss many features of FL Studio but fair has to stay fair ...there is not a single PR editor out there which comes even close to the FL Studio one!

Trancit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:07 pmPeople can diss many features of FL Studio but fair has to stay fair ...there is not a single PR editor out there which comes even close to the FL Studio one!
I use MPE a lot... the FL Studio piano roll does not support MPE so for me, even the fairly simple piano roll in Bitwig is better than the FLS one.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:02 pm
Hink wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:16 pm
wuworld wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:06 am You could have just not replied to this thread if my question is an issue.
And you could have just not started the thread in the first place.

Round and Round we go....... :wheee:
no thank you...the OP said no thank you so anything you post in this thread will considered by me to be intentional trolling...perhaps you should take your own advice about wasting time :?
I had already left the thread but people keep quoting me so....

I'm just trying to save you time and the trouble of moderating when threads get out of control after people get triggered when their favorite DAW or plugin is insulted. Call it pre-moderation. I consider this whole thread and all the "what's the best/worst/popular" etc threads trolling so it all depends on how you look at it.

Ok I'll leave this thread...again...if people would be so kind to stop quoting me that would be great. Yes I could just not respond but then again they could have just not responded to me so like I said round and round we go.
you arent wrong tek, I am just trying to keep it on track but after I suggested to the op it could be locked he quoted you again with the same argument. I truly appreciate your cooperation, but dont even worry about it. But be it known to everyone I'm not babysitting the thread...again thanx tek :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Best piano roll in the game. Also it gets a lot of little things right that other DAWs don't, eg single click to preview samples (Studio One still doesn't have it as default), right click a sample/loop to open it a sampler or have it automatically chopped up and mapped to the keyboard, easy routing and sidechaining, and more. Major downside is window management can be a pain in the arse, probably the worst DAW for it. Definitely a DAW that benefits from multiple monitors.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 pm
Trancit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:07 pmPeople can diss many features of FL Studio but fair has to stay fair ...there is not a single PR editor out there which comes even close to the FL Studio one!
I use MPE a lot... the FL Studio piano roll does not support MPE so for me, even the fairly simple piano roll in Bitwig is better than the FLS one.
But this isn´t actually related to the PR Editor... this is about MPE support...

Trancit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:55 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 pm
But this isn´t actually related to the PR Editor... this is about MPE support...
Sure it has to do with the piano roll... editing per note pitch data is a piano roll function.

wuworld wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:06 am
Polomo123 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 pm FREE UPDATES !!!

Beside that
-long on market
-many pro users
-cheaper than most others pattern style DAW's
-good stock effects
-very good Synths ( For me there is not much like Sakura and Harmor )
-Edison (Maybe the coolest Drag and Drop Recorder I know )
I like the stock plugins a lot.
All this. Plus the piano roll's reputation is justified.
I used it pretty much for a few years and did a lot of stuff in it.
I don't really understand why it's derided so much. Lots of criticism about it being a 'toy' which is just rubbish.
Its only deficiencies for me are the way midi is implemented. It's too fiddly. And the windows can get cluttered. (that isn't such a problem as you can save custom workspaces now. That being said, a dual monitor is definitely an advantage). I still use it for midi work. The Directwave sampler can be used to make sample instruments of VSTi.
Lots of good things about it. Esp. if you are looking for a one-stop does everything type deal.

inkwarp wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:01 pm Lots of criticism about it being a 'toy' which is just rubbish.
That insult is a holdover from the days of "Fruity Loops" which was way back before 2003. Some people just can't move on.

"Oh you use Fruity Loops? *sneering*
It's not a real DAW you know. It's a kid's toy." :smack:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”