IK Mulitmedia T-RackS TASCAM Tape Collection available now

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
multree
AcousticHippie
4476 posts since 12 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:24 pm

I did end up with Wavesfactory Cassette and (more importantly) Spectre. The latter is an AMAZING plug-in. It might not be an emulation of an exact tape machine but I can get lovely sounds out of this thing and it's not that hard on the CPU. Now if only the covid sympotms subside I can start making some lovely music in this prison cell... erm.... quarantine.

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
2166 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 am

Just got them as part of the TS Max upgrade. Ive yet to use them though. Actually, I'm yet to use anything. I'm still installing Syntronik 2 Max as we speak... um... type?!?

Scotty
KVRAF
2399 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:16 am

multree wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:24 pm
I did end up with Wavesfactory Cassette and (more importantly) Spectre. The latter is an AMAZING plug-in. It might not be an emulation of an exact tape machine but I can get lovely sounds out of this thing and it's not that hard on the CPU. Now if only the covid sympotms subside I can start making some lovely music in this prison cell... erm.... quarantine.
I picked up the OCS-45 and Daw Cassette for more "creative" style lo-fi work. The higher end stuff from IK and Universal Audio for mixing purposes do fine. OCS-45 is my current favourite.

multree
AcousticHippie
4476 posts since 12 Mar, 2003

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am

Scotty wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:16 am
multree wrote:
I picked up the OCS-45 and Daw Cassette for more "creative" style lo-fi work. The higher end stuff from IK and Universal Audio for mixing purposes do fine. OCS-45 is my current favourite.
I did try DAW Cassette as well and quite liked it. Reamp was pretty cool as well.

Scotty
KVRAF
2399 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:04 pm

multree wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am
Scotty wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:16 am
multree wrote:
I did try DAW Cassette as well and quite liked it. Reamp was pretty cool as well.
I don't know reamp. I'll check it out for sure.

Return to “Effects”