T-racks 5 - how to remove plugins you do not own

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Bombadil
KVRAF
7315 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:31 am

:hihi:
“Always after a defeat and a respite," says Gandalf, "the Shadow takes another shape and grows again."
J.R.R. Tolkien

The Noodlist
KVRAF
4549 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:15 am

rasmusklump wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:50 am
A prime example of a company that doesn't care about their customers
Currently up for sale?
https://thecarriedinterest.com/2021/11/ ... ultimedia/
https://bebeez.it/private-equity/testa- ... ultimedia/
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

jancivil
KVRAF
23610 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from gonesville

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:57 pm

I like their plugins, and a couple of things in the T-racks line I use in most projects. I cannot deal with their business model and all the bs.
For example, I did the upgrade to Amplitube 5, loaded it in place of Amplitube 4 in the one project I've used it in the last few years, authorized it and in the project it begain emitting the blast of noise like I'm running a demo.

Deleting all that is way down on the list for my choosing never to buy again. Twice they changed the internal ID of the T-racks so it broke every instance of it in VE Pro projects; the second time was about a year ago. I went from OSX.15.6 to 15.7, OMFG. I have to watch it and save presets, which I don't do for most things because no one else pulls this kind of shit. VE Pro came out in 2009, it's not news like that.
I expected this to occur if only because Big Sur, but got lucky this time. And, not *the* worst support channel in the world, but it's down there afaic.

Bombadil
KVRAF
7315 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:53 pm

I don't have the elaborate setup with VE Pro that you do, but ina couple of instances, well more than a couple, things in Sampletank would go from authorized to not, causing me to waste time re-@uthorizing shit, rescan, yada. Must've taken a few hours off my clock, which wasn't appreciated.
“Always after a defeat and a respite," says Gandalf, "the Shadow takes another shape and grows again."
J.R.R. Tolkien

jancivil
KVRAF
23610 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from gonesville

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 pm

I use those probably less than I might. it was a real eye-roller they did it again in 2020, but this was only a couple of instances and I have pretty definite ideas of what I want. I like the compressors for two things: a lead vocals type of thick boost (for instrument solos), and for different [more] body in snares and toms. But there are other ways.

Return to “Effects”