T-racks 5 - how to remove plugins you do not own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 pm A prime example of a company that doesn't care about their customers
Currently up for sale?
https://thecarriedinterest.com/2021/11/ ... ultimedia/
https://bebeez.it/private-equity/testa- ... ultimedia/
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I like their plugins, and a couple of things in the T-racks line I use in most projects. I cannot deal with their business model and all the bs.
For example, I did the upgrade to Amplitube 5, loaded it in place of Amplitube 4 in the one project I've used it in the last few years, authorized it and in the project it begain emitting the blast of noise like I'm running a demo.

Deleting all that is way down on the list for my choosing never to buy again. Twice they changed the internal ID of the T-racks so it broke every instance of it in VE Pro projects; the second time was about a year ago. I went from OSX.15.6 to 15.7, OMFG. I have to watch it and save presets, which I don't do for most things because no one else pulls this kind of shit. VE Pro came out in 2009, it's not news like that.
I expected this to occur if only because Big Sur, but got lucky this time. And, not *the* worst support channel in the world, but it's down there afaic.

I don't have the elaborate setup with VE Pro that you do, but ina couple of instances, well more than a couple, things in Sampletank would go from authorized to not, causing me to waste time re-@uthorizing shit, rescan, yada. Must've taken a few hours off my clock, which wasn't appreciated.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I use those probably less than I might. it was a real eye-roller they did it again in 2020, but this was only a couple of instances and I have pretty definite ideas of what I want. I like the compressors for two things: a lead vocals type of thick boost (for instrument solos), and for different [more] body in snares and toms. But there are other ways.

Got one of their modules out of pure nostalgia. I was little aware of the fact that I would need to install 5gb of basically bloatware just to run 1 plugin. Or have I've got it wrong? Also, is this even compliant with the Digital Marketing Law (EU). I mean... shoving 5gb of bloatware for 1 plugin...

Yes, you have to install them all. That may not be the case whenever T-Racks 6 eventually drops. At least, I think IK confirmed they were doing away with that requirement in TR6. But I don't work for them and can't say with certainty.

Is it legal under EU law? I doubt you'll find a good answer here. If you have a problem with it and think it may not be legal, then contact the appropriately regulatory body and file a formal complaint. Or contact an attorney.

Hi Funkybot's Evil Twin, thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it. Just found out that apparently the enforcement of the resulting laws en EU starts on March, so will need to look again into it then.

I do have a problem with it, 5gb to use a 13,7mb vst3... But still unaware if it complies with law, will wait until March for that.
Then contact the appropriately regulatory body and file a formal complaint. Or contact an attorney
Sadly enough, it appears that it's the only way in the world we live in, but as the game goes in favour of companies with such practices, as a user, not willing to spend that time or money into that for a plugin...

However, I must say that I would feel shame of myself if I was on the board that took such a decision and wouldn't defended the opposite... Happy with whichever user that feels different, I mean, options are there for people to choose, but mate...

I wish IK let you choose which format(s) to install on Mac like they do for Windows. Why am I forced to install over 50 AAX plugins?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I used to back IK because their plugins ARE good. But since investing in a new PC and having to reinstall everything, I’ve given up on them. I’ll use individual plugs as and when I need one
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

SampleTank and some some of the additional instruments that load in there are the only plugins that I have installed from IK. Even though I have MixBox SE and a few T-racks plugins, these are not installed because it doesn't hide what I don't own like SampleTank does. If they actually make the option available, then I will consider installing their effects again and may even buy more of their stuff.

I have not bought anything from them since I bought SampleTank a few years ago. The effects that I have from them I managed to get for free when they were available but I don't use any of them because of the problem. So I am glad I never had the misfortune of buying any of their effects only to discover that crap!

l33t4e wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:08 am SampleTank and some some of the additional instruments that load in there are the only plugins that I have installed from IK. Even though I have MixBox SE and a few T-racks plugins, these are not installed because it doesn't hide what I don't own like SampleTank does. If they actually make the option available, then I will consider installing their effects again and may even buy more of their stuff.

I have not bought anything from them since I bought SampleTank a few years ago. The effects that I have from them I managed to get for free when they were available but I don't use any of them because of the problem. So I am glad I never had the misfortune of buying any of their effects only to discover that crap!
T-Racks absolutely has this problem, but MixBox SE does hide the ones you don't have. I have had terrible experiences with IK plugins, but I was really surprised how much easier MixBox SE was to install and run. There are some great effects in there (one of my favorite saturators!), so it's worth trying out imo.

i've got a tip for you having problems with that. uninstall tracks and ikmultimedia and you have less problems :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:42 am i've got a tip for you having problems with that. uninstall tracks and ikmultimedia and you have less problems :hihi:
+1

Mixbox SE is $100 and doesn’t help those who already have T-Racks. So, no thanks
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Effects”