Texture by Devious Machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

I probably asked for this earlier in the thread, but rather than just an invert option, if it had a setting to delay its internal envelope from the input signal, inverted pumping would be possible along with more subtle timing tweaks.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:39 pm I probably asked for this earlier in the thread, but rather than just an invert option, if it had a setting to delay its internal envelope from the input signal, inverted pumping would be possible along with more subtle timing tweaks.
+1 on this one... HELL YES!

Preferably a +/- offset Delay (if possible)
, so texture can come in a bit early as well. :tu:

Good suggestions. I'm making notes :)

cheers! Jim.

Nice 8)
You guys make some great tools.

A thought about the + and - controls on envelope delay;
For me, access to a negative control there is well worth the 'hassle' of dealing with some crazy latency Texture might use for that buffer...
ImageImageImageImage

I'm interested to know: how does the rumble sounds work? Is it a sample/samples or is it synthesized?

sengoku wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:40 am
sokoleski wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:04 pm Just wish it had a invert env mode, were it goes the opposite way of the envelope follower for pumping effects, and special FX .
so much +1 for this please guys
I´m not sure whether Texture is still being actively developed, but this is the one feature this thing really needs.

I think this dev is actively updating their plugins. Has anyone reached out to them directly with this request?

Texture seems to be more actively developed than the News and updates page of the website. Latest version of Texture in Plugin Boutique my Updates is 1.8.1 and they show 4 earlier versions. Got an email in July that Duck was revved to v1.2 but that doesn't show up on the News & Updates webpage either.

Texture would be even more useful than it is now if we could invert the Texture's envelope, allowing the internal sample to duck under the incoming audio rather than only conforming to its dynamics.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:38 am Texture would be even more useful than it is now if we could invert the Texture's envelope, allowing the internal sample to duck under the incoming audio rather than only conforming to its dynamics.
Cant you just use your DAWS envelope follower modulator to do this?

In BITWIG you just add the envelope follower modulator, then map the output to the mix control dragging to the left for a negative value, then save that as part of the default preset.

I use Cubase 11 Pro - I hope Steinberg adds some stock modulation devices soon. But I plan to pick up Live Suite soon which has some great modulation Max devices.

At any rate, Cableguys Noiseshaper allows for an inverse of the envelope curve, so I can use it for now.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

epiphaneia wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:28 pm
sengoku wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:40 am
sokoleski wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:04 pm Just wish it had a invert env mode, were it goes the opposite way of the envelope follower for pumping effects, and special FX .
so much +1 for this please guys
I´m not sure whether Texture is still being actively developed, but this is the one feature this thing really needs.
I mailed the DEV regarding this wish ,
and they replyed they might look into it..

But , this was around a year ago :neutral:

can you add your own textures to it?

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm can you add your own textures to it?
Yes, thats possible.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:09 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm can you add your own textures to it?
Yes, thats possible.
:tu:

Return to “Effects”