Autolinks revisited: Will this nonsense ever end?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:25 pm is that a 70s after shave??
It's a delicious soft drink. You can tell by the spigot.

you'll be farting bubbles
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:44 pm you'll be farting bubbles
wont be the first time :shrug:

dont tell ozzy...or michael jackson
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Not exactly a fan of the autolinks either, but, I understand that KVR has to generate money.

I wished they work better though. But then, how good can A.I. be?

Hink wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 pm dont tell ozzy...or michael jackson
i definitely wont be telling at least one of them...

chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 pm Not exactly a fan of the autolinks either, but, I understand that KVR has to generate money.
I wished they work better though. But then, how good can A.I. be?
Not sure this is generating any money. I'd think it's mostly creating confusion ,irritation and annoyance from the clumsy unrelated links all over the place.

And that is no A.I., it's the most primitive search and replace function like any text editor has it for decades. "If you find a word in this list, replace it with a link to the product in this list, no matter the context or if it makes any sense".

There is no such thing as actual A.I. yet, all we have is machine learning, but machine learning could probably at least find out what the context is and deliver links to something relevant to the subject at hand.
Like a lot of what's called AI these days, it's just another example of "Artificial Idiocy" instead.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 amprimitive search and replace function
For anyone interested: https://static.kvraudio.com/inc/kvr-cache-dets.js

Awesome farlukar, that's exactly how primitive it is. No "intelligence" of any kind involved.

I personally find myself clicking less on links on KVR these days, since mostly they are the useless, unrelated kind.

A link in a posting is usually something important for what the author is saying, expressing or selling. It may be a specific example, a learning resource, background info etc.
This importance is severely degraded when suddenly everything is peppered with links the author didn't put there himself. And it's even worse if they make no sense at all too often.

And just to make that clear: If this would work as intended and would make money in an unintrusive way for KVR, or maybe even improve the overall quality with helpful context, I'd have no qualms at all or would even be all for it. As it is, it's just another example for something I read decades ago in an early book about A.I.:
"There are two ways to make machines more intelligent than us.
Either they actually get there, or humans get more stupid."

So far the latter prevails.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

You can't even write EQ without it generating an auto-link to something. Please...for the love of grammar...create an auto-link exclusion list.

Can we have a user preference to disable autolink at all?

And yes, I'm still as annoyed by them as I was on day one...

Please make autolinks a preference or get rid of them altogether.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:44 pm And yes, I'm still as annoyed by them as I was on day one...

Please make autolinks a preference or get rid of them altogether.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
I fully agree. Autolinks should be optional.

I think "products mentioned in this thread" feature was sufficient and can be controlled by these who are interested.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Site Stuff”