One Synth Challenge #154: Triple Cheese by u-he (schiing wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triple Cheese

MilksterX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:35 pm ... But so far the vst3 isn't working as it should for me. Various mod sources aren't working
I've never even tried an U-he VST3, as they were basically recommending not to, a couple of years ago. VST2 seems OK, though I'm yet to investigate it properly.
IV! wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:38 pm In this regard, I am reasoning along a chain comparing a virtual synthesizer with a real one. For me, playing a synthesizer includes not only the keyboard, but also all the available parameter knobs, otherwise it doesn't make sense. If I can twist them, then when recording sound, I can record the results of this twisting. And if I had one hand on the keyboard, and with the other hand I would turn down the volume of the sound in time with the beat, then this would be just a creative use of the synthesizer, right?)
it would be ! It is ! :)
Do not go faster than a hand can go, though :wink:

And thanks for the exchange of views, guys ! Food for thought, indeed.

ELEX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:21 pm Do not go faster than a hand can go, though :wink:
Some of us here are chronic modulators!!! :D

-- deleted, check out submisison on page 7 --
BTW: Respect for Wagtunes-Bashing ... this is very grown up... and discordingly disturbing ;-)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The link is not working for me Peter. Also don't forget your track name needs to comply with the cheesey pun rules this month (only joking) and you can get extra points from me for using Frohmage. Hmm not sure if you can still download that it's been a while. Anyway it would have made a good addition to this months rule what with the lack of onboard filter.

MilksterX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:44 pm
ELEX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:21 pm Do not go faster than a hand can go, though :wink:
Some of us here are chronic modulators!!! :D
So sorry to hear that, that sounds nasty. Don't forget: we do have a doctor among us. Maybe he can help alleviate the worst of the symptoms :hihi:
IV! wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:52 pm :?: The lack of a filter is a bit discouraging... Yes, I understand, damp and tone. Can we, within the framework of OSC, use some filter plugin as a filter, without high resonance, but as if it were part of a synthesizer?
On that subject: turns out there is a filter available. CSO2 & 3 have Damp mode available in the drop down menu, which turns them into filters.

from the manual:
Damp - A combined 12dB lowpass and highpass filter. The center frequency (Cutoff) is tuned relative to the note played. Tone tunes the cutoff of the lowpass filter. Damp tunes the cutoff of the highpass filter.

Good old 3Cheese. Love it.

I'll post these presets here for any interested parties.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks4j0dlqsr9m4 ... e.zip?dl=0

thanx MilksterX.

i was able to get an okay-ish kick sound with your tutorial.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:24 am Good old 3Cheese. Love it.

they are nice. can i use them in OSC154?
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Personal opinions:
Modulating the synths own controls and parameters in a way that's not absurd (like audio rate), but is reasonably close to what a human could do with a physical knob seems completely fine to me.

Midi Note-on modulations of external effects to make it sound like the effect is part of the synths sound seems like it shouldn't be allowed.

I don't have a problem with using high pass or low pass filters that don't note follow. Some people will say it is changing the character of the synth, but using filters (including EQ) to get elements to fit together in the way you want them to is simply how almost all music is made unless you're making fundamentalist chiptunes on a tracker or something. If this is unwanted, their should be an explicit lpf/hpf ban as well as a DB limit for EQ adjustments.

What about if a software bug in the synth causes sounds the designer didn't intend? I'm getting some random raspy distortion on a certain patch and I don't *think* it's intended.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:40 pm Here you are: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/gafy ... 82edee33d4
Not a single modulation, but a little of fast-compressor-crunch and other o-o-t-s-s-m (out of the synth sound shaping methods).
Oh WOW ! This is great ! Wish I had your skills !

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:24 am Good old 3Cheese. Love it.

I think these are only for AU for anyone interested doesn't seem to work with VST

About the presets. The many presets for Triple Cheese are really amazing! :love: I think that this month I will use almost only the included and modified presets, without fear of condemnation! :roll:

About third-party presets. You can find the bank "ALTER BOY Sounds" on the Triple Cheese page on KVR. I have 13 more banks (I'm sure more than half of them are from past 2 OSC), but I'm not sure I have the right to post them here. However, if that's the case, then I can. Opinions :?:

I have next banks: b78, beardedone, biolabs, crscheid - cheese, JA Triple Cheese, Mouse in Space, rsmus7, SF Triple Cheese, SW Triple Cheese, tasmaniandevil, Tim Conrardi, Triple Cheese HH, Triple Cheese luCi.

P.S. All for Windows.

Velocity sensitivity isn't working correctly for me on playback of recorded midi in the VST3 version.

VST 3 has been repeatedly complained about, and still everyone is trying to use it, whereas VST 2 works fine. It was the same with K1v. Very strange...

Return to “Instruments”