Coming Soon: RX 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've not got any old plugin presets to be fair, I use most of my plugins in Sound Forge / WaveLab. It would be just nice to use the occasional plugin easily. With a search function like Reaper or Bitwig where you just start typing the name for a filtered list.

And yes, wow are the groupings oddly arbitrary and inconsistent - it's almost trying to be alphabetical in some areas but gives up as it started so badly to begin with :D

Anyway, it's something I hope they work on in the future.

I will wait out this update. Nothing really in it for music.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Unfortunately, RX 8 is buggy as hell on an M1, and iZotope has no intention of fixing it. Crash city to the point of being unusable. As of RX 9.1.1 things seem pretty stable. So I was basically forced to update. But I waited until Cyber Monday.

Saw that one coming a mile away about RX 8 so I upgraded as soon as 9 was available. No regrets. That's the only iZotope software I installed on my M1 and I have most of their offerings. I love RX but not so fond of anything else. Considering selling off the rest, well Trash 2 & Iris have no real resale value and I would hold out hope for a Trash 3.

Does RX or Acoustica do a better job of restoration? I have RX 8 and have used several versions before that and it's always been pretty damn good at it. Leaving material in much better shape without destroying the EQ. That to me is it's bread and butter. If anyone says Acoustica is better for that, I'll take a look, otherwise it's a non-starter.

teilo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:47 pm Unfortunately, RX 8 is buggy as hell on an M1, and iZotope has no intention of fixing it. Crash city to the point of being unusable. As of RX 9.1.1 things seem pretty stable. So I was basically forced to update. But I waited until Cyber Monday.
Strange. Which OS you on? I'm on Big Sur and have used it quite a bit and I think it crashed once. I have a free license for V9 but I haven't had any desire to install it yet.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 pm Does RX or Acoustica do a better job of restoration? I have RX 8 and have used several versions before that and it's always been pretty damn good at it. Leaving material in much better shape without destroying the EQ. That to me is it's bread and butter. If anyone says Acoustica is better for that, I'll take a look, otherwise it's a non-starter.
RX Standard offers a more (restauration) features/functionality than Acoustica (not to speak of RX Advanced). The Acoustica restauration suite which I have (just de-click, de-noise, de-hum, de-clip) is good though (but limited). Sometime I get better results with RX sometimes with the Acoustica restauration suite.

RX9 on monterey/ARM - the plug in scanner needs a look. weird behavior and doesn't indicate it's actually scanning so just have to sit and wait forever then check in and see if the [unscanned] denotation is removed from the window.

i think in previous versions there was some kind of progress bar or at least a beachball but nothing in 9.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”