IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

I have 60 gear credits but it doesn't appear I can use them to get the introductory pricing via the Custom Shop. The lowest price in Custom shop is $199.99. In the web store it is $149.00. I am a bit confused by this. If I can get it at $149.00 and apply the gear credits I'll jump on it. So far that doesn't appear to be an option.

dmbaer wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:26 pm
DarkStar wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:13 pm Can you look in the "Instruments" folder for one of the Syn2 synths and post how many .st4i and st3i files are present?
Here's a count of all st3i and st4i files, searching from the topmost S2 directory:

st3i: 2706
st4i: 3562
That's for Syntronik 2 MAX, isn't it. Hmm, that says to me that those 2,706 presets would open in the embedded "Syntronik 1" audio engine and would NOT be editable in the Syntronik 2 Edit panel. That could confirm my theory that "and a huge number of all-new presets for the 22 original synths taking advantage of all these new features." means that those 22 synths have their presets exactly as in Syntronik 1 Deluxe, with some new ones in the Syntronik 2 format.

I have just checked: Syntronik 1 Deluxe has exactly 2,706 instrument oresets.

I had thought that those 2,706 presets for the 22 Syntronik 1 synths would have got converted to Syntronik 2 format, but that does not seem to be the case. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If that is the case, then Syntronik 2 gives you almost 1,500 new presets for those 22 synths.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:31 pm I have 60 gear credits but it doesn't appear I can use them to get the introductory pricing via the Custom Shop. The lowest price in Custom shop is $199.99. In the web store it is $149.00. I am a bit confused by this. If I can get it at $149.00 and apply the gear credits I'll jump on it. So far that doesn't appear to be an option.
You should check with Sales Support.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:31 pm I have 60 gear credits but it doesn't appear I can use them to get the introductory pricing via the Custom Shop. The lowest price in Custom shop is $199.99. In the web store it is $149.00. I am a bit confused by this. If I can get it at $149.00 and apply the gear credits I'll jump on it. So far that doesn't appear to be an option.
You should check with Sales Support.
I will thanks. I think actually I was confused. It appears that you only use Custom Shop to buy individual syntronik 2 expanders. When you click on the collection products you link directly back to the web without the option of applying gear credits. You can use Jam Points as usual. So I think what is happening is Custom Shop is telling you that you can buy the full products but only through the web app. I don't want to turn this this thread into a "sh@t post" festival so I'll confirm with sales. Thanks.

DarkStar wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:16 pm I had thought that those 2,706 presets for the 22 Syntronik 1 synths would have got converted to Syntronik 2 format, but that does not seem to be the case. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If that is the case, then Syntronik 2 gives you almost 1,500 new presets for those 22 synths.
IKM didn't convert ST3 presets/sounds to ST4 format when ST4 was released ... very much the same deal as with Syntronik 2.

And, yes, it does appear we have a significant number of new presets for the original 22 synths, all in S2 format and compatible with the Edit tab.

OK, new mystery (but maybe I'm overlooking something others find obvious). Below is a screenshot from the Syntronik 2 mod matrix. What the heck is the waveshaper? A search in the S2 pdf manual produces no hits on "waveshaper". What am I missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

... and the Mod Matrix references Zones, Elements and Macros. None of which are described in the User Manual nor obvious on the GUI.
Inspired by ...

jdnz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:25 pmBasically I can't see any reason anyone should care about disk space usage for sample libraries nowdays
I didn't think it was possible to be that short-sighted.

1. Load Times
2. Memory Usage (esp. given it's running in SampleTank 4 - not the best host if you're trying to be RAM-efficient)
3. I wouldn't be buying a 1TB Drive, I'd be buying a 2TB Drive. A 2TB Samsung 870 EVO is $239, and that's the sale price on Amazon. I'm not putting all of that on a cheapo WD Blue or SanDisk SSD that throttles/slows down under sustained load (I've unfortunately tried that in the past). When a software purchase forces me to upgrade hardware, that is effectively added to the cost of the software and factored into my value proposition. AFAIC, Syntronik 2 is a $180 + 239 purchase, and the price is too damn high to bother. $180 ... because it doesn't make sense to only get Syntronik 2 when I can buy a MAXgrade to TS3.5M that includes it.
4. 128GB Thumb Drives were $500 in 2002, but I don't think anyone on this forum would care about that. Why should I care what an SSD cost in 2013? It's almost 2022. I'm buying now.

Personally, IKM was the first thing that came off of my SSDs when I was making room for Komplete Ultimate and HOOPUS. The stuff just eats drive space for breakfasts, and simply doesn't deliver quality worthy of those requirements.

But I can understand why people can be so defensive about it. I mean. A good deal does have a way of fortifying that brand loyalty!~

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

DarkStar wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:02 pm ... and the Mod Matrix references Zones, Elements and Macros. None of which are described in the User Manual nor obvious on the GUI.
Right, the doc is really skimpy in this area. In ST4, Zones are components of Elements, and I'm sure the same concept applies here, but how is a Syntronik-only user supposed to know that? However, apart from the mysterious waveshaper, all the mod matrix targets at least make sense ... in other words, I know what's being named in the menu.

I only just acquired Syntronik 1 in the group buy, so I don't know if this is a syntronik 1 or 2 issue, but I have a question about usig the V1 sounds in either Syntronik 2 or Sampletank 4.
-In Syntronik when I load a preset, the second oscillator seems to just have the sound of the first again, so is this just a doubler?
-I don't see any way to change the oscillator source in Syntronik or Sample Tank. There is only one sound source there in the osc list. I thought you could load two sound sources as "oscillators" within a given patch. In Sample Tank it doesn't seem that Osc 2 does anything at all. Can it not load anything?

I already had Syntronik 1 which I think I got dirt cheap on Plugin Boutique or some site for $49. So I thought I would bite and get the Syntronik Max (?) upgrade for $149 which supposedly gives me the entire Syntronik (1+2) library.

But the IK Multimedia downloader/authorizer gives me no options to actually authorize the new sounds. I can see them all in the various lists, but 99% of them are the small font demo files.

Any advice?
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:05 am I already had Syntronik 1 which I think I got dirt cheap on Plugin Boutique or some site for $49. So I thought I would bite and get the Syntronik Max (?) upgrade for $149 which supposedly gives me the entire Syntronik (1+2) library.

But the IK Multimedia downloader/authorizer gives me no options to actually authorize the new sounds. I can see them all in the various lists, but 99% of them are the small font demo files.

Any advice?
For me, I had to open "Custom Shop" and click no "restore my licenses" or something like that. After that it worked (in this case meaning my S1 libraries worked in S2, didn't buy S2)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 pm -I don't see any way to change the oscillator source in Syntronik or Sample Tank. There is only one sound source there in the osc list. I thought you could load two sound sources as "oscillators" within a given patch. In Sample Tank it doesn't seem that Osc 2 does anything at all. Can it not load anything?
If I recall correctly, to customize a preset in S1, you had to find a preset that used the sample you wanted and modify that. There was no way to start from scratch and load the sample you wanted. It's been a while since I wrestled with that, however, so the details are a little hazy.

dmbaer wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:57 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 pm -I don't see any way to change the oscillator source in Syntronik or Sample Tank. There is only one sound source there in the osc list. I thought you could load two sound sources as "oscillators" within a given patch. In Sample Tank it doesn't seem that Osc 2 does anything at all. Can it not load anything?
If I recall correctly, to customize a preset in S1, you had to find a preset that used the sample you wanted and modify that. There was no way to start from scratch and load the sample you wanted. It's been a while since I wrestled with that, however, so the details are a little hazy.
Thanks. But when you select a preset, it seems there is only the one sample set, so the second "oscillator" is useless in Sample Tank and can't load anything?

Have you downloaded the separate sound set for Syntronik 2? It is not on the same page as the software.

Return to “Instruments”