Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:02 am I just stuck with ohmboyz. I have always liked OF but I think they might have broken their company with their "DAW" which I have never heard of a single person using (just amongst people I know).
I doubt it broke their company so much as led to a structural change. The technology they pioneered with Ohm Studio led to part of the company spinning off as Irisate. Turns out collaborative real time editing is much more valuable as a tool in other people's software than it is in music production.

syra wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:02 pm
dayjob wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:58 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:38 pm The pre-order price of Infinity was lower, gradually increasing over time iirc. Maybe they'll do an intro price when it's finally finished. :shrug:
Will it really be finished?
it'd be nice but i have doubts. it's been a loooong time w/no action at all. currently it instantly crashes every host i try to load it into on mac/big sir/intel

edit: also, its seems really possible they could update the older plug ins w/just gui fixes so the guis aren't scrambled. they seem to work otherwise.

edit: coincidentally got an email from them (Gregory) today after reaching out some time ago about the crashing problems. the dev has been brought into the email so we'll see how it goes and if it gets sorted. i'm guessing it works fine on pre Bg Sur macs and windows machines. the plan for the older plug ins, as mention in this thread i think, is to turn them into new products.. for example ohmboyz delay became Ohmboyz Infinity. i think a long time line is mentioned in this thread for this process. some discount for owners of existing plug ins would be cool.. especially for people who own the complete bundle. :scared:
I just tried this plugin today as it's the only multi-tap delay I found with pitch and filter control. It runs on Catalina/Studio One but it's obvious that is not ready for the big time. I'm missing buttons and functionality that the manual shows... plus all other kinds of whacky behavior.
Cubase multitap delay plugin has pitch and filter control, although not sure its sold separately. Fabfilter Timeless has a pitch and filter control.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

I'll second Cubase Multitap delay. TBH I pretty much ignored it initially and only delved into it when I struggled to get a certain type of delay on a project I was working on so thought I'd nothing to lose by giving it a go. Didn't want to have to buy another plugin. Turns out Cubase Mtap is one of my favourite delays - very powerful once you start playing around with the FX you can plug into it after the taps. It's a beast of a mangler if you use all 4 add-on FX and you can get some crazy delays if you also add delays to the taps. My only complaint is that the add on filter and pitch etc all tend to be rather in-yer-face. I find it difficult to get them to be subtle. But it is definitely a beast of a delay.

Did they silently finish the delay?

https://www.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infinity

It’s very pretty - but does it work?

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:12 pm Did they silently finish the delay?

https://www.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infinity
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:26 pm It’s very pretty - but does it work?

lols. nope. i just DL'd and reinstalled and all that.. same status. won't pass validation in Logic, instantly crashes Live when dragging it to a track.

and funnily the OLD ohmforce plug ins work and look fine.

i'm on Monterey and ARM but same thing happened on my previous intel macbook pro on big sur.

Well, I’ve been using it in Bitwig 4 without issue. But it does suck that they aren’t updating it.

perpetual3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm Well, I’ve been using it in Bitwig 4 without issue. But it does suck that they aren’t updating it.
what OS? it worked under mojave for me but hasn't since then.

dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm Well, I’ve been using it in Bitwig 4 without issue. But it does suck that they aren’t updating it.
OhmBoyz Infinity (latest version) validates and works fine in Logic Pro on Big Sur for me. It's a rather nice delay plugin, I'm sure I'll upgrade my All FX bundle at some point to use it.

One caveat: I never installed any previous versions and never did any of their early release or alpha/beta tests.

oneway wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:29 pm
dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm
OhmBoyz Infinity (latest version) validates and works fine in Logic Pro on Big Sur for me. It's a rather nice delay plugin, I'm sure I'll upgrade my All FX bundle at some point to use it.

One caveat: I never installed any previous versions and never did any of their early release or alpha/beta tests.
i had it working in mojave just fine and it does sound excellent was fun to use and unique. it's a bummer they haven't sorted it out entirely yet though.. i was in on the early offer when it was first announced and have mostly been disappointed. i had active email w/Gregory for a while and even sent some audio demos his way years ago.

i think it's a very small team and i don't know if this is their only project so it may not be getting much attention. if their plan is make new versions of all existing plug ins in the same way they've done w/Infinity well.. i'm not at all optimistic and i wish they'd just fix the old ones where needed or open source them. they either have to go all in on the plan to modernize the plug ins.. or idk.. just give up the ghost and open source it all.

either way.. i'm going to try not to pay attention anymore and maybe one day there will be an announcement of a working plug in or some news or something.. currently it all seems quite dead.

dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:35 pm maybe one day there will be an announcement of a working plug in or some news or something.. currently it all seems quite dead.
As far as I can tell it is working fine. Is your issue that you want a working version in Mojave? I thought you were saying you couldn't get it working or validating without crashing in Big Sur/Monterey, that's why I mentioned it worked on the first try for me.

Their other plugins are another issue (Ohmicide "still killing it" on their webpage even though it's not supported for the last 2 years of macOS versions), but Infinity functions fine for me so far!

I was also happy to see GeForce software mentioned in the installer for Infinity. That's a good sign to me if they're involved now.

oneway wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:01 pm
dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:35 pm maybe one day there will be an announcement of a working plug in or some news or something.. currently it all seems quite dead.
As far as I can tell it is working fine. Is your issue that you want a working version in Mojave? I thought you were saying you couldn't get it working or validating without crashing in Big Sur/Monterey, that's why I mentioned it worked on the first try for me.

Their other plugins are another issue (Ohmicide "still killing it" on their webpage even though it's not supported for the last 2 years of macOS versions), but Infinity functions fine for me so far!

I was also happy to see GeForce software mentioned in the installer for Infinity. That's a good sign to me if they're involved now.
i'm on monterey/ARM.. but couldn't get it to work in big sur on the intel machine i no longer own. also, on big sur all the old plug ins had totally scrambled GUIs. but now are fine on monterey. it's weird. i posted some pics in this thread.

see this post.

viewtopic.php?p=8133075#p8133075

it hasn't worked for me since Mojave/intel and on monterey it's useless. as said though the older plug ins work totally fine.

see this post.

viewtopic.php?p=8257578#p8257578

OK well on my system (Intel, Big Sur) OhmBoyz Infinity works perfectly. The older plugins obviously don't (scrambled GUIs) but their website and store listings make that clear enough. Just thought it might be helpful since this thread gives the impression that it doesn't work at all.

oneway wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:27 pm OK well on my system (Intel, Big Sur) OhmBoyz Infinity works perfectly. The older plugins obviously don't (scrambled GUIs) but their website and store listings make that clear enough. Just thought it might be helpful since this thread gives the impression that it doesn't work at all.
probably works fine on Windows machines.

i tried everything to get it to work on Big Sur/intel but no luck. it crashed everything.

i couldn't find on their site where it says ohmboyz infinity works w/specific macOS versions. in the store it just says "Works with:" and has icons for apple/windows/VST/AU/AAX.

they should be more specific about the situation w/infinity for future buyers.

the older plug ins say in red "Not compatible with OSX 10.16 and later."

is infinity even out of beta? in some places it says 1.0 and in other places it says 0.1.0

I think it's just poorly numbered. Installer says 1.0. Website says 1.1. Who said it's still in Beta? In their FAQ they say they'll release the Demo once testing is done, and there's a demo out, so...

So far this plugin reminds me of Sandman Pro with filters, distortions, and reverbs inside of it. Neat.

Return to “Effects”