DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

DrivenByMoss 15.2.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added functions to select device parameter pages 1-8.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Added option to choose action for pressing an empty clip on a record enabled track.
  • Mackie HUI
    • New: Added 'New Clip Length' setting to be used with footwswitch and function-keys commands 'New Button' and 'Clip Based looper'.
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Shift+8th button in browser mode toggles the preview.
    • Fixed: Selecting occurrence types 'with/without prev channel' did crash.
  • Push, Maschine, HUI, MCU
    • Fixed: Foot controller command 'Clip based looper' did not work. Explanation what it does was added to the manual.
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:42 pm Your issue is on Ubuntu, which version? When you try to use the Launchpad, which model?
Did you select the correct MIDI in-/outputs? The naming of MIDI ports has changed on some Linux systems and auto-detect might not work.
Also check the JavaScript console (reachable from the I/O pane on the right).
Thanks for your reply!

I had all the version info in the subject of my message, but having not posted often in this forum, I didn't know the subject isn't display to the people reading the posts... it's only visible when replying, above in the text field for "subject".

So here again - I also just tested with the latest release from today, but it's still the same behavior:

DrivenByMoss 15.2.0 / Bitwig 4.1 on Ubuntu Linux 21.10 with Launchpad Pro MK3, latest Firmeware, version 465

I assume i selected the right Midi ports because when chosing other ones, nothing happens at all, only with these something happens, but it's not the right thing. It's the ports with a "DAW" at the end.

The JavaScript Console only says:

Called init()
Firmware version: 465
Running.

hennsensen wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:46 pm
moss wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:42 pm Your issue is on Ubuntu, which version? When you try to use the Launchpad, which model?
Did you select the correct MIDI in-/outputs? The naming of MIDI ports has changed on some Linux systems and auto-detect might not work.
Also check the JavaScript console (reachable from the I/O pane on the right).
Thanks for your reply!

I had all the version info in the subject of my message, but having not posted often in this forum, I didn't know the subject isn't display to the people reading the posts... it's only visible when replying, above in the text field for "subject".

So here again - I also just tested with the latest release from today, but it's still the same behavior:

DrivenByMoss 15.2.0 / Bitwig 4.1 on Ubuntu Linux 21.10 with Launchpad Pro MK3, latest Firmeware, version 465

I assume i selected the right Midi ports because when chosing other ones, nothing happens at all, only with these something happens, but it's not the right thing. It's the ports with a "DAW" at the end.

The JavaScript Console only says:

Called init()
Firmware version: 465
Running.
Just had to update my Ubuntu Studio first. Yes, the naming is now different again. There are 3 ports ending with MIDI, DIN and DAW. You need to set "MIDI" for both in-/output!

moss wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:00 pm Just had to update my Ubuntu Studio first. Yes, the naming is now different again. There are 3 ports ending with MIDI, DIN and DAW. You need to set "MIDI" for both in-/output!
Interesting. I was pretty sure I also tried selecting "midi" insetad of "daw" and it didn't work the last time i checked. But it I tried again now, and now it works.

Thanks!

Hi Moss, I'm still trying to find ways to gain more control over the lights on the Akai Midimix. There's a Github patch which takes the form of a `.pd` file. Do you know how a `.pd` file would be added in a Bitwig context?

https://github.com/Gimmeapill/midimix_button_control
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:19 pm Hi Moss, I'm still trying to find ways to gain more control over the lights on the Akai Midimix. There's a Github patch which takes the form of a `.pd` file. Do you know how a `.pd` file would be added in a Bitwig context?

https://github.com/Gimmeapill/midimix_button_control
pd files are for Pure Data (see https://puredata.info/) and have nothing to do with Bitwig.

Hi together,

I there a solution to use Push2 and Maschine Jam Controller at the same time with Bitwig 4.1.
Is anybody here in the forum which use that configuration?
I try to do that, but without success.
The Push2 Controller works perfect with 15.2 script, but the jam, will not be activated in the controller section.
I used the controller Editor to load the template from the subfolder of Moss package (Maschine Jam) DrivenByMoss.ncmj
The script is inside, but I see no usb device for the Jam Controller like for the push2 controller.... -> Ableton Push2 Live Port

My Configuration: MacBook Pro late 2016 / BigSure 11.6 / Bitwig Version 4.1 / API Version 15 / your last script DrivenByMoss 15.2.0

Maybe one of the forum or maybe moss have short hint.

regards and thanks

ocirrico wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:00 am Hi together,

I there a solution to use Push2 and Maschine Jam Controller at the same time with Bitwig 4.1.
Is anybody here in the forum which use that configuration?
I try to do that, but without success.
The Push2 Controller works perfect with 15.2 script, but the jam, will not be activated in the controller section.
I used the controller Editor to load the template from the subfolder of Moss package (Maschine Jam) DrivenByMoss.ncmj
The script is inside, but I see no usb device for the Jam Controller like for the push2 controller.... -> Ableton Push2 Live Port

My Configuration: MacBook Pro late 2016 / BigSure 11.6 / Bitwig Version 4.1 / API Version 15 / your last script DrivenByMoss 15.2.0

Maybe one of the forum or maybe moss have short hint.

regards and thanks
So, your issue is that the JAM is not detected. Do I understand you correctly that the MIDI ports do not show up for the JAM? If that is the case, there is something wrong with the installation of the Native Instruments services. Try to reinstall the Maschine software to fix that.

Hi Moss, that was exactly the solution, now it works, thanks a lot, unbelievable that the machine software was the root cause for that :-P

No I have to check the function in detail.
My plan is to do all stuff related to DrumRack on Maschine jam, so that I can mute the single stuff inside a rack directly from machine without loose of the view of an synthesizer inside push2 + ni s88 mk1.

I hope it is not the same game like inside machine, that the focus is in every case is the same...
regards

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Bitwig 4.1 (from 3.x) and the 15.2.0 driver. Like before, it happens sometimes that my push1 crashes and does not respond. It was not so much of a problem with my previous version because I could just restart the push and it was working fine again. But with 4.1 it makes the audio engine crash as well, which is much more annoying. Anybody else is experiencing this kind of problem?

moss wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:23 pm [*]Push 1/2
  • New: Shift+8th button in browser mode toggles the preview.
  • Fixed: Selecting occurrence types 'with/without prev channel' did crash.
[*]Push, Maschine, HUI, MCU
  • Fixed: Foot controller command 'Clip based looper' did not work. Explanation what it does was added to the manual.
Brilliant, thanks for the updates and fixes!

Drivenbymoss driver are buggy, I was stuck during a live with my APC40 and thinks became messy, One track and master chanel selected at the same time, no more clips viewable ona the APC even when shift first row scene launch .... 15.2.0 BW 4.1.0.

Dear Moss
banermattou wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:03 pm I have just upgraded to Bitwig 4.1 (from 3.x) and the 15.2.0 driver. Like before, it happens sometimes that my push1 crashes and does not respond. It was not so much of a problem with my previous version because I could just restart the push and it was working fine again. But with 4.1 it makes the audio engine crash as well, which is much more annoying. Anybody else is experiencing this kind of problem?
Since I posted my previous message, I was able to isolate what is causing the bugs. Every time I have an audio track which is armed to record, it makes the push crashes and behave very weirdly (either completely stuck, either mapping the buttons to other functions). I need to remove the track and restart the push for it to work again. I don't know if it is only happening on my systems or if it is a known problem.

EDIT: Actually it is just that selecting an audio track makes the push really slow for a few seconds. I was still trying to modify things so it made it panic, but if I wait a bit it is working normally. Still annoying but I guess this is due to Bitwig and not to your driver (same as the engine crash when I restart the push). Thank you for the amazing work Moss, I am really enjoying using my Push with Bitwig.

Hi Moss,
I am trying to make my Remote SL compact 49(https://fr.audiofanzine.com/clavier-mai ... #id:677309 ) work with Bitwig.

As far as I can tell, this controller is close to the remote sl mkII (https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrite.c ... erence.pdf). Hence, I have tried to hack DrivenByMoss's scripts for these controllers. The basic thing I have done is that I have changed the UUID of the mkII to fit that of my remote SL compact. The cool thing is that this seems to work at least partially! The bad thing is that navigation is broken to say the least, and I have no clue where to start from. Is it a few simple changes or writing a full script?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Is it possible to access the Note Audition (to hear drawn notes in clip view) button with DrivenByMoss via Push 2 already or is it possible somehow via the API?

Ideally I would like to turn this button to off by default, which is not possible for some reason in Bitwig. I find it very distracting to hear single notes without the context of the whole clip while editing notes with a mouse.

A mappable button would be nice as well. This button is not mappable to keys/midi cc by default in Bitwig so I'm wondering is it accessible through the API?

Return to “Controller Scripting”