DDMF NoLimits2

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
sqigls
KVRAF
4813 posts since 25 Dec, 2004

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:11 pm

From ultraclean to tastefully saturated, NoLimits2 will make your mixes louder in style.

NoLimits2 is available with a 50 % introductory discount until the end of the year, after which the price will be $59.
for owners of a NoLimits v1 license (which includes All Plugins Bundle and Full Bundle owners): Santa has decided to make NoLimits2 free for you!
https://ddmf.eu/nolimits2-limiter-plugin/

fese
KVRAF
1851 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from $HOME

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:40 pm

Very nice to get the update for free (i have the bundle), although I got admit I never used version one and I of course need another limiter like I need… but with the “oversampling = nope” (lol) this could be very usable to have on the monitoring bus.

Hermetech Mastering
KVRAF
1595 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Milan, Italy

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:45 am

Looks great, will test.

Vortifex
KVRAF
2505 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:40 am

Not a bad limiter actually. Seems to retain a nice punch with the Nice and Push settings, although with the latter I sometimes noticed a tiny bit of distortion on the transient that you might hear when clipping a snare for example, but I was deliberately pushing it. The Punch setting was kind of grungy and actually not very punchy. CPU with 4X OS was about the same as Pro L2. The UI is a good size although not resizeable.

Negatives: Two of the four algorithms have 200ms latency, and one has 100ms. Could be an issue depending on how you work. Only one has no latency, but that's with no oversampling. There's no true peak functionality in terms of a button you switch on and off, you have to go by ceiling and oversampling.

Metering seems to be buggy/incorrect. It was displaying short term LUFS at around -12 when Youlean had it at -8.7, momentary max at -7.7 when Youlean was -6.7, and integrated at -11.4 when Youlean was -8.5. It showed a 2.3dBb over when Youlean was peaking at -0.3., and it only displayed overs for the L channel and the R channel was permanently at -300.

It crackles for about a second when I re-enable the plugin.

It's cheap enough that I might get it, will do more testing.

Return to “Effects”