Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:28 am
You claim to have built a Nord 1/2/2X replacement...
Wrong again, they state it loads sysex files, is inspired by, and models parts of it, much like many other vst synths....

I don't see you insisting uhe, synapse or any other companies should be sued :roll:

My girlfriend is an attorney. So I pick up on some of this sh!t.
Obviously not a lot. Obviously if what you "claim" were true, D16 Group, Arturia, GForce, AudioRealism, TAL Software, etc. would've all been sued.

What a maroon. :lol:

Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:50 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:28 am
discoDSP wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:26 pm
You claim to have built a Nord 1/2/2X replacement and yet none of your presets sound even remotely Nord-like. Moreover, you have to rely on layering patches in Performance mode to get an even mildly fat, robust sound (something that is not necessary on the Nord).

Your company is engaging in the worst sort of bait and switch campaign . You sucker in users by presenting a UI that looks similar to a Nord 2. But you don't deliver anything close to the Nord 2 sound.

Quite pretending you've developed a Nord replacement and at least create your own custom interface. Stop ripping off the hard work and intellectual property that Nord engineers and designers put into the Nord 1/2.
The original coder of discovery has passed away 15+ years ago .
Disco dsp is just maintaining the code
+ improvements .
Clavia doesn't have to sue shit , the orifginal discovery was blue , thus no gui trademark and completely different code .
The only good emulation disco dsp has is the obxd , which again id not coded by disco dsp but by DATsounds( (open source )
Regardless of whether the original developer died 15 years ago, DiscoDSP is still perpetrating a fraud. Claivia should sue them out of existence to set a precedence that you can't just go around ripping off companies' code and intellectual property and selling an inferior product based on that intellectual property (regardless of whether you reverse engineer the code or change the color scheme of the nearly identical interface).
Its hard times as it seems.
Some people wearing their mask to much over the day.

May be you should go on and make music insteed of accusing others for things they did not do.
Use your Nord synth if you have on and be happy.
Disco dsps Discovery is highly inspired by the Nordlead, thats all.
Cant find them stating that it is the same ore even sounds the same.

Okay, if this is only "inspired by" and not an emulation of a Nord lead, are there any good Nord lead emulations on the market?

No.
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

If you want hardware sound you should get a hardware synth.

yobare wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:07 pm If you want hardware sound you should get a hardware synth.
Right :tu:

Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 am
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:37 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 am Regardless of whether the original developer died 15 years ago, DiscoDSP is still perpetrating a fraud. Claivia should sue them out of existence to set a precedence that you can't just go around ripping off companies' code and intellectual property and selling an inferior product based on that intellectual property (regardless of whether you reverse engineer the code or change the color scheme of the nearly identical interface).
First you say they are just "pretending", then you say they are "ripping off" the work of Clavia. You have to make up your mind: Either they are just "pretending" (in which case they can't be "ripping" anything) or they are indeed closer to the real thing (in which case they are not "pretending").

In any case, which would be the legal basis for Clavia to sue them? Anyone can imitate anything. Ideas are not copyrightable. The only basis for Clavia would be if they had, somehow, disassembled the original chips and extracted the DSP code. And they w1t.ould need to prove that.
I can see you've never been in a legal fight (good for you). It isn't what you can prove to the letter of the law, but the leverage you can bring. Clavia can easily show a jury a set of DiscoveryPRO screenshots that copy the Clavia designs (which are Clavia's intellectual property). That's enough to persuade any juror that DiscoDSP is guilty of copyright infringement and fraud.

My girlfriend is an attorney. So I pick up on some of this sh!t.
1. this is not a court nor the place STOP

2. I'm not sure many lawyers care for their SO throwing their weight around...you are not a lawyer, such words my girlfriend is is utterly useless STOP

3. Like has been said, it's not your business. Law suits are about one thing, economics...not truth. You dont know whether it would economically logical for the other companies you think should should sue to do so. You're talking out of turn and out of line, like has been said it's not your business not to mention you could just dig a mess for yourself, STOP.

So just stop, this is not the place for such discussion...this tangent is just done, plain and simple.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

discoDSP wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:05 am Take it easy, Clavia already contacted us long time ago.
And what did they say? "Stop ripping off companies' code and intellectual property and selling an inferior product based on that intellectual property, or we sue you out of existence!" or "Would you mind not to make it look too close to our products?" or "Keep it up, mate!" ? Or maybe something inbetween... ?! Just curious... :wink:
Last edited by kylie on Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

please read the last thing I wrote above your post...no more...not kidding...there will be no more.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Some facts
I have a nord modular g1 which has the same filters as the original nord lead + lot's of extra ones
The original nord lead filter ( shown left o screen ) has gain compensation ALWAYS turnend on , on the modular we have the option to turn it off
One of the extra filters in the nord modular is called classic filter and is a low pass only based on moog
This filter is NOT present on the original nord lead , but when I compared this filter ( in my modular ) to the latest disco dsp (with zdf filters ) , it sounds nearly identical .
Disco dsp claims it's modelled on the nord lead 2x , but afaik the nord lead 2x filter did not change from the original nord lead 2 filter .
Here is some filter tweaking , comparing NORD modular classic filter ( so that's the moog modelled one , NOT the nord lead ONe )
Her are two files recorded a a few years ago , One is nord moduar , the other is discovery pro .
High resonance settings , the only thing that midght give it away is the aliasing in the original nord modular .
Also , the nord lead was coded by Peter JUbel , who started propellerheads after leaving clavia and does of all their dsp stuff .

https://app.box.com/s/3lcm8d83ifa6tjqx3h44wpqmulmp23eu
https://app.box.com/s/98uz8hsfc5buzauei6vnezddtufcq0rw
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:08 pm Some facts
I have a nord modular g1 which has the same filters as the original nord lead + lot's of extra ones
The original nord lead filter ( shown left o screen ) has gain compensation ALWAYS turnend on , on the modular we have the option to turn it off
One of the extra filters in the nord modular is called classic filter and is a low pass only based on moog
This filter is NOT present on the original nord lead , but when I compared this filter ( in my modular ) to the latest disco dsp (with zdf filters ) , it sounds nearly identical .
Disco dsp claims it's modelled on the nord lead 2x , but afaik the nord lead 2x filter did not change from the original nord lead 2 filter .
Here is some filter tweaking , comparing NORD modular classic filter ( so that's the moog modelled one , NOT the nord lead ONe )
Her are two files recorded a a few years ago , One is nord moduar , the other is discovery pro .
High resonance settings , the only thing that midght give it away is the aliasing in the original nord modular .
Also , the nord lead was coded by Peter JUbel , who started propellerheads after leaving clavia and does of all their dsp stuff .

Dude! You need to let it go. Hink is serious. You have been warned multiple times. Hink's got more patience than I do, but even he's got his limits. Don't push it. Let it go.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:34 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:08 pm Some facts

Dude! You need to let it go. Hink is serious. You have been warned multiple times. Hink's got more patience than I do, but even he's got his limits. Don't push it. Let it go.
WTF are you talking about , I am just comparing filters nad presented some facts about the filters and was not defending Gadget Friend's standpoint at all !!
Hink's warning was to Gadget Friend's comment
Learrn how to read :tu:
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

The dangers of the dunning kruger effect made manifest in those fiendish two posts a page back !

Return to “Instruments”