Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

oneway wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:41 am I think it's just poorly numbered. Installer says 1.0. Website says 1.1. Who said it's still in Beta? In their FAQ they say they'll release the Demo once testing is done, and there's a demo out, so...

So far this plugin reminds me of Sandman Pro with filters, distortions, and reverbs inside of it. Neat.
less immediate than sand man pro to me. but it sounds great. everything you'd expect from ohmforce. it goes far beyond a delay. also great modulation. i wish i could use it.

no one said it's still in beta.. i was asking because it wasn't clear to me. the blog says 0.0.9 and logic sees it as 0.1.0

kind of an indication of how this years long early adopter process has been poorly communicated to those who jumped in on day one.

i'm over the sour grapes at this point.. willing to be pleasantly surprised some day.

oneway wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:56 pm
I doubt it broke their company so much as led to a structural change. The technology they pioneered with Ohm Studio led to part of the company spinning off as Irisate. Turns out collaborative real time editing is much more valuable as a tool in other people's software than it is in music production.
That's interesting. Is there a general belief that doing audio software is more fun, but you'll never make as much money as doing boring businessy stuff? Isn't that what happened with the Sylenth dev for instance?

Would it have been better if they'd done Ohmicide Infinity instead of Ohmboyz, first? Or did Ohmicide's popularity drop off a bit after dubstep became unfashionable?

dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm Well, I’ve been using it in Bitwig 4 without issue. But it does suck that they aren’t updating it.
what OS? it worked under mojave for me but hasn't since then.
Mac OS Catalina.

Are the guys at Ohmforce replying mails ? I'm trying since yesterday to contact them, even using Facebook, to get some lost SN, and I get nothing else but silence...

hangars liquides wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm Are the guys at Ohmforce replying mails ? I'm trying since yesterday to contact them, even using Facebook, to get some lost SN, and I get nothing else but silence...
Most likely they’re deep into an illustration of a cat in some sort of space suit, and they’ll get back to you as soon as it’s done. I’d give it at least 5-6 weeks.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:26 pm It’s very pretty - but does it work?
I can’t remember what version I had installed (I haven’t gotten around to putting the OhmForce stuff on my new computer) but other than having a problem with authorization, the version I had worked fine. It’s been a while, but I don’t remember any egregious bugs.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Really hoping this has a happy ending for everyone involved. Glad I held off up till now.
A well-behaved signature.

Thx Zerocrossing ;) // it's seriously becoming a joke... That's so sad, given the quality of their product, that they switched to another business model.. without even giving a fluff, letting their old customers deal with some annoying issues with zero communication.

Cubase crashes when switching patches in the plugin window (switching in the preset browser works).
Reminds me a bit of the old Ohmboyz Delay, especially the "Classic Presets" (I think these are the original default presets?). The flat design is ok, the sound is very good.

Btw. there is a crossgrade offer for €64,00...

I really like that interface by the way, though it could probably do with a tone control to make it greyer. Especially for people who use dark mode on their devices. I went from a dark mode browser to a crisp white PDF document recently and literally flinched :ud:

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:39 pm
hangars liquides wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm Are the guys at Ohmforce replying mails ? I'm trying since yesterday to contact them, even using Facebook, to get some lost SN, and I get nothing else but silence...
Most likely they’re deep into an illustration of a cat in some sort of space suit, and they’ll get back to you as soon as it’s done. I’d give it at least 5-6 weeks.
while my wild guess is that they spent "a weekend" at gibby haynes to figure out some stuff for the mainstreaohm market :party:

i've sent them a half dozen or more emails over the last year and i think i got one reply at one time from gregory and he said he was passing my problem on to the dev team but haven't heard back since.

i submitted the same bug reports for a while now just wishing them well and asking for any timeline on updates etc. no reply on any of that.

hangars liquides wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:05 am Thx Zerocrossing ;) // it's seriously becoming a joke... That's so sad, given the quality of their product, that they switched to another business model.. without even giving a fluff, letting their old customers deal with some annoying issues with zero communication.
It seems like it’s a little side hobby business for someone. That’s fine, but state that and price your plugins accordingly. For what they charge for a plugin, I expect a certain level of support and expediency.

I like their software a lot. I always have, but when I see a ton of needless and buggy animations on an over designed website and it’s been over a year with no updates or communication, I’ve got to say that they don’t think we’re a priority.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:42 pm It seems like it’s a little side hobby business for someone.
Well, maybe I'm reading too much into this but the Infinity installer says "GForce Software" is responsible for the license agreement. If they mean the ones at https://www.gforcesoftware.com then perhaps they're going to take over their whole catalog and it's just stuck in refactoring hell.... either way leaving the website up, not responding to emails, and just putting a little piece of fine print about ending support is not a great way to leave things in the meantime.

oneway wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 am
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:42 pm It seems like it’s a little side hobby business for someone.
Well, maybe I'm reading too much into this but the Infinity installer says "GForce Software" is responsible for the license agreement. If they mean the ones at https://www.gforcesoftware.com then perhaps they're going to take over their whole catalog and it's just stuck in refactoring hell.... either way leaving the website up, not responding to emails, and just putting a little piece of fine print about ending support is not a great way to leave things in the meantime.
It might be worth writing to GForce. They’re a good group who would likely respond essential if they don’t have anything to do with it.

They did collab on Minimonsta so who knows.

Return to “Effects”