Ableton Live 11.1 - Apple Silicon support public beta now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Interesting…. you are right, I only have a single download available, but it’s suite in my case, not sure how those links are generated. they should be just like the normal installs though ( ie there is no way with a normal nonbeta version to upgrade a standard install to suite, you must reinstall, so beta should work the same way….) … maybe just try redownloading and see if it still gives you the same file?

There is only 1 Ableton download, functionality is based on your license, so maybe un-authorizing and authorizing will fix the issue?

Thanks I'll try reinstalling again, I'll let you know how it goes.

cadiz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:05 pm There is only 1 Ableton download, functionality is based on your license, so maybe un-authorizing and authorizing will fix the issue?
I don't see an option to de-authorise Live. I tried reinstalling but no go but I checked & if I run the beta in rosetta mode the suite instruments show up but if I go back to apple silicon mode (untick the rosetta option) it's just back to my previous standard install with only sampler showing as I had bought this addon sometime before upgrading to suite.

I wasn't sure if this was a limitation of running live in native mode over rosetta. I'll get in touch with someone at ableton to see if it's just a matter of them reseting something at their end.

That does point at an authorization issue (I have a ticket in as well where one with should work for both modes, but mine wanted separate as the machine code was slightly different in each environment).

I've never seen an option to de-authorize. You can request more licenses though.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:38 am I've never seen an option to de-authorize. You can request more licenses though.
Yes I've had to do this once before years ago but I didn't think I would need access to more licenses to run on the same computer. I've filed a bug report for the beta & I'll contact support to see if they can maybe reset something at their end.

Peevy2000 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 am
jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:38 am I've never seen an option to de-authorize. You can request more licenses though.
Yes I've had to do this once before years ago but I didn't think I would need access to more licenses to run on the same computer. I've filed a bug report for the beta & I'll contact support to see if they can maybe reset something at their end.
If you have the same major version on the computer, then you shouldn't need to relicense. Let us know what you hear.

Ableton 11.1 went into beta in late September - so I am hoping for a February release date

Anyone think it will be later ?
Zen

Fraggle wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:54 am Ableton 11.1 went into beta in late September - so I am hoping for a February release date

Most likely sooner…

OzoneJunkie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:18 pm I'm happy about the addition of MIDI Shaper. However, I wish it was a native Live device, vs a Max device. I still feel like Max devices add overhead to a project. Maybe things are better in Live 11? But in 10, it seemed like projects using Max devices took longer to open, and overall were less stable...
I used live between version 3 to 9 and Max for live stuff was regularly unstable. I switched DAWs for other reasons , but am now mainly using Ableton (v11) again -- I have avoided installing max for live devices as much as possible, and I don't miss them at all.
Zen

cadiz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:24 pm
Fraggle wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:54 am Ableton 11.1 went into beta in late September - so I am hoping for a February release date

Most likely sooner…
It seems very stable to me (beta 7) ,I am using it all the time.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:45 pm
cadiz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:24 pm

Most likely sooner…
It seems very stable to me (beta 7) ,I am using it all the time.
Same here

Yep, this thing is pretty much ready for release IMO.

Seems ready to me. Switched to it for one project, using it for all of them now. Simply being able to hide the header in the MIDI editor has been worth it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”