Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:04 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:34 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:08 pm Some facts
I have a nord modular g1 which has the same filters as the original nord lead + lot's of extra ones
The original nord lead filter ( shown left o screen ) has gain compensation ALWAYS turnend on , on the modular we have the option to turn it off
One of the extra filters in the nord modular is called classic filter and is a low pass only based on moog
This filter is NOT present on the original nord lead , but when I compared this filter ( in my modular ) to the latest disco dsp (with zdf filters ) , it sounds nearly identical .
Disco dsp claims it's modelled on the nord lead 2x , but afaik the nord lead 2x filter did not change from the original nord lead 2 filter .
Here is some filter tweaking , comparing NORD modular classic filter ( so that's the moog modelled one , NOT the nord lead ONe )
Her are two files recorded a a few years ago , One is nord moduar , the other is discovery pro .
High resonance settings , the only thing that midght give it away is the aliasing in the original nord modular .
Also , the nord lead was coded by Peter JUbel , who started propellerheads after leaving clavia and does of all their dsp stuff .

https://app.box.com/s/3lcm8d83ifa6tjqx3h44wpqmulmp23eu
https://app.box.com/s/98uz8hsfc5buzauei6vnezddtufcq0rw
Dude! You need to let it go. Hink is serious. You have been warned multiple times. Hink's got more patience than I do, but even he's got his limits. Don't push it. Let it go.
WTF are you talking about , I am just comparing filters and am not defending Gadget Friend's standpoint at all !!
Hink's warning was to Gadget Friend's comment
Learrn how to read :tu:
:oops: I do need to learn how to read. I thought your post WAS Gadget Fiend. Sorry.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

yobare wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:07 pm If you want hardware sound you should get a hardware synth.
Gosh, if only I had thought of that! What a revelation!

DiscoDSP the new skin looks awesome ! :)

Hink wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:08 pm please read the last thing I wrote above your post...no more...not kidding...there will be no more.
Oh, f$ck off Hinkler. Just because you have posted an absurd 34,000 times, does not make you the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed in this forum. Maybe stop to consider what an inflated ego you must have to tell people to "STOP" any discussion that you deem inappropriate. Not much a fan of free speech are you, Heil Hinkler?

It's certainly a concern of a small company like Moog to have the colossal Behringer rip off designs of Moog's current (or very recent) products.

So stealing intellectual property is very much a concern of not only Moog but small scrappy companies worldwide. The fact that you think a discussion of such matters should "STOP" just shows you side with the corporate behemoths and not the little guy trying to make an innovative product.

So again, F$CK off, douchebag!

mode edit: you cant offend me
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Big. Mistake.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

when I was in the army we had a dog that wasn't well when we got her, she was a big dog (German Sheppard) when people came near her she hid under the bed and barked at them from there.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:13 am when I was in the army we had a dog that wasn't well when we got her, she was a big dog (German Sheppard) when people came near her she hid under the bed and barked at them from there.
sounds like a precursor to the 'ignore list'

Gadget Fiend wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:25 am Just because you have posted an absurd 34,000 times, does not make you the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed in this forum.
Being a moderator does tho...

Gadget Fiend wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:25 am Oh, f$ck off Hinkler. Just because you have posted an absurd 34,000 times, does not make you the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed in this forum.
Oh the irony...

Are you okay, Gadget Fiend? You seem a little agitated, just calm your tits, there is no reason to message me privately...
Gadget Fiend wrote:Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:12 am Hey Doofus,

Let me educate you as to the meaning of irony. My failure to recognize that Heil Hinkler was in fact an Orwellian moderator of KVR forums was not ironic. It was merely a lack of information.

According to Webster's, irony is "the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning."

Try to comprehend that while consuming any modern media which is steeped in (actual) irony. You'll (maybe) be smarter for it.

Otherwise you'll be a card carrying member of the Alanis Morissette club. (If you don't know what this refers to, you're worse off than I imagined.)
Either way, you seem to be one charming fellow.

If you check his recent posts, many of them are a bit aggressive, without need....

mabian wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:27 pm If you check his recent posts, many of them are a bit aggressive, without need....
I've noticed. I really don't know what his problem is, maybe he's just shitposting. It's kind of entertaining, I do love watching a good dumpster fire, but it's a bit out of line now.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crickey13 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:23 pm Are you okay, Gadget Fiend? You seem a little agitated, just calm your tits, there is no reason to message me privately...
Gadget Fiend wrote:Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:12 am Hey Doofus,

Let me educate you as to the meaning of irony. My failure to recognize that Heil Hinkler was in fact an Orwellian moderator of KVR forums was not ironic. It was merely a lack of information.

According to Webster's, irony is "the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning."

Try to comprehend that while consuming any modern media which is steeped in (actual) irony. You'll (maybe) be smarter for it.

Otherwise you'll be a card carrying member of the Alanis Morissette club. (If you don't know what this refers to, you're worse off than I imagined.)
Either way, you seem to be one charming fellow.
I really dont wont to continue this but it should be noted that he does not take responsibility for his words or his childish behavior. It wasnt his fault he didnt know I was a mod...this fact excuses the language he used toward me, some of the strongest hate talk there is? If I were wrong due to my ignorance I would set the record straight, instead he doubles down on the hate.

I would like just once to have someone actually have the balls to call me a nazi to my face. That isnt a threat though, the point is I dont think a single one of them could do it, so they hide under the bed and bark.

Then he talks to you with the same language, and everyone else...but its not his fault because he didnt know I was a mod :hihi: ...but then, what do you think the odds are of him being a sockpuppet? On top of that the absolute ignorance of using that term defines who he is.

Folks I know people get frustrated with what appears to be a lack of modding. This is our reward, and no one else is going to take this kind of crap. This poster seems to think I made this choice on my own to come here and say something in the thread but it was reports from members complaining about him. Dan and I are here trying to keep order, we do the best we can but it must be understood we cant read every single post, we cant do it all. I joined a dating site once, it asked what was the last thing you read...I said "songs you have stuck in your head" :hihi:

So your reports do help, even if you dont see anything it doesnt mean we havent sent out a warning giving us info to track, so please continue to make reports...we appreciate them very much.

:tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:33 pm Folks I know people get frustrated with what appears to be a lack of modding.
Frankly, I prefer that to the alternative, which is a sanitized echo chamber, so it's all right, no worries. I don't even feel offended by this juvenile nonsense. It's just that this dude's demeanor is wayward and obnoxious and people have been warned for much less than that.

Return to “Instruments”