All things pedal related.

August 2019 is the first KVR Guitar Month so here's a new forum for discussion of all things guitar!
User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
4443 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:23 pm

^^ Nice! I love boutique stuff. :tu:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88328 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:25 pm

multree wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:14 pm
Hey you yourself :hug:

it's a Fanta Studio - theShut Overdrive (custom made for me by a guy from bavaria)
He also made a point-to-point vibe pedal for me which I love:

Vibe.jpg
Vibe2.jpg

very cool dude and his pedals are pretty cool. I think he can also be found on Reverb.com
oh very nice indeed 8)
bens gonna have to sort "acoustic hippie" out :lol:

User avatar
multree
AcousticHippie
4476 posts since 12 Mar, 2003

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:43 pm

hehe.... there's still the odd acoustic track.... it's mostly electric nowadays though.

but, electric hippie ???? nahhhh !!!!

User avatar
multree
AcousticHippie
4476 posts since 12 Mar, 2003

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm


User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88328 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm

multree wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm
btw. http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... %20mix.mp3 seems to be... well,.. broken


:oops: thats long been lost, should get sean to sort that page out.
sorry about that.

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/

there's some bits on there :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9220 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Uncle E wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm
cptgone wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Good to know, thanks (I've been steering clear of the vintage rabbit hole though...)
Vintage is worth it. Although you see a lot of people advertising crazy prices, you will eventually find one for just slightly more money than the boutique pedals if you are patient.

The thing to look for is the date codes on the pots, then you'll know if it's a good one or not. No LED and 70's or 80's date codes = good one.
I don't know, the JHS guy makes a compelling case for why the LM308 isn't magic in any way and the replacement chip will have the same performance. The whole history of the Rat video he posted recently covers it and is with a watch. Now, I've got a 90s big box rat reissue with the LM308 and it sounds good. I've also got a JHS modded Rat 2 and that thing sounds better IMO. I recognize they're not apples to apples comparisons but I dig the modified pedal.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
4443 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Ok my friend Dave, the multi-millionaire guitarist, doesn't really pay attention to the apparently zillions of guitar pedals he has. He mentioned he likes Boss pedals, but nothing specific. Pretty sure someone takes care of all that for him. :shrug:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88328 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 am

:lol:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
4443 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:41 pm

So, the jam pedals are really nice and super fun imo, definitely worth a look if you are interested in the types of effects they make. :tu:

User avatar
excuse me please
KVRAF
1639 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:12 am

Harley Benton presents DNAfx GiT Pro:

https://youtu.be/vHqyaTRMSN8

User avatar
cptgone
KVRAF
7687 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:56 am

I wonder who manufactures those new HB multiFX pedals, Mooer perhaps?
Here in the EU they might be competitive with unabashedly Chinese brands, if you factor in duty fees.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
4443 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:28 am

Seems like the HB DNAfx is relatively cheap anyway. Not really doing anything for me, maybe a nice deal for some folks though.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30290 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:10 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm
multree wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm
btw. http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... %20mix.mp3 seems to be... well,.. broken


:oops: thats long been lost, should get sean to sort that page out.
sorry about that.

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/

there's some bits on there :)
looking at it, the link on the webpage should be to a file in that same testtube folder. so unless the link has changed, the file has been deleted.
so i -think- all you'd need to do is upload a new copy.
This signature tells the story really, as quoting insults directed at me makes me someone with an over-inflated ego.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88328 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:37 am

whyterabbyt wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:10 am
vurt wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm
multree wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm
btw. http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... %20mix.mp3 seems to be... well,.. broken


:oops: thats long been lost, should get sean to sort that page out.
sorry about that.

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/

there's some bits on there :)
looking at it, the link on the webpage should be to a file in that same testtube folder. so unless the link has changed, the file has been deleted.
so i -think- all you'd need to do is upload a new copy.
wow id forgotten this :oops: lot of distraction at the minute!!

sadly, i know longer have the pieces myself. lost in some computer death in the past years :cry:

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30290 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:37 am
whyterabbyt wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:10 am
vurt wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm
multree wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm
btw. http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... %20mix.mp3 seems to be... well,.. broken


:oops: thats long been lost, should get sean to sort that page out.
sorry about that.

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/

there's some bits on there :)
looking at it, the link on the webpage should be to a file in that same testtube folder. so unless the link has changed, the file has been deleted.
so i -think- all you'd need to do is upload a new copy.
wow id forgotten this :oops: lot of distraction at the minute!!

sadly, i know longer have the pieces myself. lost in some computer death in the past years :cry:
ive got a folder with 9 tracks in it called 'end of the beginning' is that the same set? if so, let me know. these are stereo MP3s, I think, not the mono ones in the link.
This signature tells the story really, as quoting insults directed at me makes me someone with an over-inflated ego.

Return to β€œGuitars”